Making the Most of Your Virginia Basketball Experience
Where to Park?
Parking spaces in the JPJ garage and JPJ, McCue and University Hall surface lots are reserved for all men's basketball games and require a valid parking pass. For a men's basketball parking map, click here.
Heading to a men's basketball game and don't have a pass? Your options include parking at the:
- Emmet/Ivy Garage - $5.00. Opens 1.5 hours prior to tipoff and must be vacated 1 hour after the game concludes. Just a 10-minute walk to JPJ down Emmet Street.
- The Park - free. Fan shuttles from The Park begin 1.5 hours prior to tipoff. If you prefer to walk, allot approximately 20 minutes to get to JPJ.
- North Grounds - free. Located near the Law School and Darden School, these lots are a 10-minute walk from JPJ.
- Central Grounds Garage - hourly fees apply. Located in the heart of Grounds and a 15-minute walk to JPJ down Emmet Street.
The JPJ lots are reserved for season ticket holders for all home women's basketball games. All other ticket holders may park for free in the University Hall, McCue and Cage lots. For a women's basketball parking map, click here.
Okay, I'm inside JPJ!
It's game day, so there is plenty of chatter online about the matchup. Pull out your phone and check out Wahoo Central, the new social media hub of the 'Hoos, here. Wahoo Central collects and displays content generated by you, the fans, across social media including Twitter, Instagram and more. Make sure to use #GoHoos or #Wahoowa for your post to appear on the wall!
Stay up-to-the-minute by following the 'Hoos on these official social media channels:
- Twitter: @UVaMensHoops and @UVaWBBHoops
- At men's basketball games, be on the lookout for the Hilldrup Move-Up mentioned on 'Hoo Vision! One lucky pair of Virginia fans who tweet @WahooCentral with the Hashtag #MoveUpUVa will be escorted down to prime lower-level seats for the game.
- You can also send a photo or text message to the 'Hoo Vision videoboard. For text messages, use phone number 434-207-8821 (standard text message rates apply). For photos, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to be in your seats in time for the team entrance when the lights go out and Virginia fans go wild!
I'm hungry! What's available to eat?
Have an appetite? There is plenty to choose from inside JPJ, including Domino's Pizza, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, Wings & Things, Two Guys Tacos, grill stands and more.
Thirsty? Refresh with an Aquifina or Pepsi soft drink. We recommend the souvenir cup, which will come in two installments during the season.
Didn't wear orange and blue to the game, or want to browse the latest Virginia athletics gear and merchandise? Make sure to stop by the Cavalier Team Shop location just inside the main doors of JPJ. The Cavalier Team Shop features the latest in official Nike gear. Each game will feature a special item offered at a discounted price just for that game.
It's Game Time!
Our mission is to create an exciting and entertaining game atmosphere, and this starts and ends with 'Hoo Vision. 'Hoo Vision is also your source for up-to-the-minute stats, out-of-town scores, player features, promotions, pump up videos and more.
Heads up for t-shirts - and balls! Look out for the new t-shirt Gatling Gun, which can shoot up to 24 t-shirts in a matter of just a few seconds, while the Smithfield Ball Blasters on the lower and upper levels will test your hand-eye coordination during a timeout. Fan favorites like the Crutchfield Sabre Scramble, Delta Dental Smile & Smooch and the Harris Teeter VIC Card Wave all return for 2013-14 along with some exciting new promotions on the court and in the stands.
Need to get up from your seats after the first half? Don't be gone for long! Virginia has gained a reputation for having some of the best halftime acts in the country and this season is no exception. For a complete list of halftime entertainment lined up for 2013-14, click here.
The men's and women's basketball teams combined for 30 home wins last season at JPJ, in large part due to the home court advantage created by the Wahoo faithful. Both programs pride themselves on defense and getting the big stop, and that's where you can make a world of difference.
Had a good time? Bring a friend to the next game!
Single-game tickets and Family Packages are on sale now. The men's basketball game vs. VCU has already sold out and the Syracuse game is not far behind, so act quickly! Click here to purchase Men's Basketball Tickets and Click here to purchase Women's Basketball Tickets.
We look forward to seeing you all season long at JPJ. #Wahoowa!