Academic Affairs Office Services
The Academic Affairs Staff include 14 fulltime individuals dedicated to providing support and resources to the student-athlete. We offer a variety of services to our student-athletes which include:
- Academic Advising - Academic Coordinators and a Learning Specialist collaborate with Faculty, Deans, Faculty and Major Advisors, and other University Personnel who are committed to the academic success of student-athletes.
- Cavalier Academic Support Team (C.A.S.T) - The Cavalier Academic Support Team (CAST) is a comprehensive support service that provides individualized resources directed to the immediate needs of the student-athlete. These resources include new student-athlete orientation, group & individual tutoring, group & individual mentoring, writing workshops, a drop-in math unit, study hall monitors, and learning specialists.
- Student-Athlete Association (STAT) - The Academic Affairs Staff collaborates with the Dean of the STAT Association, Rachel Most, in the College of Arts & Sciences to promote consistent academic advising throughout a student-athlete's academic career.
- Computer Labs - Located in the McCue Center, JPJ Academic Center and University Hall, include assistive technology equipment that supports the learning needs of our student-athletes.
- Learning Needs - A Learning Specialist works with the University's Student Disability Access Center (SDAC) to assist our student-athletes.
- Degree Completion Program - This program provides former student-athletes the opportunity to return to finish their degrees.
Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.'Hoos Draw Valuable Lessons from LossMen's Basketball12/6/17No. 15 Virginia heads into its exam break with an 8-1 record after losing 68-61 Tuesday night at No. 18 West Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Todd Morgan Named SE Region Women's COY
Track & Field, Cross Country | 11/17/2015
Virginia women's cross country coach Todd Morgan has been named the 2015 U.S. Track & Field and...
Virginia Adds Bleser, Favero, Gullickson With Signing Class
W. Tennis | 11/17/2015
Virginia added a trio of five-star athletes with the latest signing class as head coach Mark...
Jeff White: Early Test Exposes Cavaliers' Flaws
M. Basketball | 11/17/2015
After losing 73-68 Monday night to George Washington in Washington, D.C., sixth-ranked Virginia...
Virginia Downs Norfolk State, 86-50, in Home Opener
W. Basketball | 11/16/2015
Seven players finished the game in double figures including Faith Randolph who...
Virginia Rowing Announces 2016 Schedule
W. Rowing | 11/17/2015
Virginia rowing head coach Kevin Sauer announced the Cavaliers' 2015 schedule on Tuesday (Nov. 17...
Virginia Earns 35th Straight NCAA Tournament Berth
M. Soccer | 11/16/2015
Virginia (9-4-3) plays host to Rider (14-5-1) at 7 p.m. Thursday (Nov. 19) in a first-round match...
Farm Bureau Insurance Coach's Corner with Mike London...
Football | 11/17/2015
The weekly "Coach's Corner with Mike London" radio program, presented by Virginia Farm Bureau...
Kickoff for UVA-Virginia Tech Game to Be Announced Nov. 21
Football | 11/16/2015
The Atlantic Coast Conference announced today the start time for Virginia's Nov. 28 home football...
- Online Stores