Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Virginia sits in fourth place
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Virginia comes close to breaking three NCAA records
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 20.76
100 Free: 45.06
200 Free: 1:39.60
100 Fly: 48.19
• Set career-best marks in the 50 free (20.76), 100 free (45.06) and 100 fly (48.19) at the ACC Championships
• Part of the 200 medley relay that posted the fourth-fastest UVa time ever in 1:26.51 at ACCs
• Won the 100 fly in a season-best time (48.50) at the Cavalier Invite
• Also placed second in the 100 free at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 100 fly and 10th in the 100 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 50 free (21.21), 100 free (45.43) and 200 free (1:39.60) at the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• National Public High School record holder in 200 medley relay - 1:30.01 (swam freestyle leg in 19.87)
• Six-time individual Michigan state champion
• 17-time NISCA All-American
• 16-time MHSAA All-State member
• USA Swimming Scholar-Athlete in 2013
• Earned the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award
• Four-time Saline High School All 'A' Academic Award winner
• 2012 Michigan Competitive Scholarship winner
• Son of Susan and Steven Whitener
• Has an older brother, Noah, who swam for Michigan 2007-09
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 3/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
Moroney Leads Cavaliers on Third Day of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/16/2018
Megan Moroney led the Cavaliers on the third day of competition at the NCAA Championships.
Virginia Records Three Podium Finishes on Day Two of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/15/2018
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors on the sconed day of...
Virginia Opens NCAA Championships with All-America Honors
Swimming & Diving | 3/14/2018
Virginia opens the Women's NCAA Championships with a school record and All-America honors in the ...
Virginia Women Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 03/13/2018
The Cavaliers will head to the NCAA Championships with 19 competitors. The four-day meet will...
Johnson, Dusel Earn Automatic Berths in Platform
Swimming & Diving | 03/07/2018
The Cavalier will have four divers compete in the NCAA Championships in the platform. Sydney...
- Online Stores