Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Virginia sits in fourth place
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Virginia comes close to breaking three NCAA records
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 20.76
100 Free: 45.06
200 Free: 1:39.60
100 Fly: 48.19
• Set career-best marks in the 50 free (20.76), 100 free (45.06) and 100 fly (48.19) at the ACC Championships
• Part of the 200 medley relay that posted the fourth-fastest UVa time ever in 1:26.51 at ACCs
• Won the 100 fly in a season-best time (48.50) at the Cavalier Invite
• Also placed second in the 100 free at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 100 fly and 10th in the 100 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 50 free (21.21), 100 free (45.43) and 200 free (1:39.60) at the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• National Public High School record holder in 200 medley relay - 1:30.01 (swam freestyle leg in 19.87)
• Six-time individual Michigan state champion
• 17-time NISCA All-American
• 16-time MHSAA All-State member
• USA Swimming Scholar-Athlete in 2013
• Earned the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award
• Four-time Saline High School All 'A' Academic Award winner
• 2012 Michigan Competitive Scholarship winner
• Son of Susan and Steven Whitener
• Has an older brother, Noah, who swam for Michigan 2007-09
Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.'Hoos Hoping For Another Boost From ThompsonMen's Basketball3/18/17In his first start since Dec. 31, Darius Thompson played a team-high 34 minutes Thursday in Virginia's win over UNCW in the NCAA tournament's first round.Kraus Continues Family Tradition at UVAMen's Lacrosse3/17/17First there was Steve Kraus, and then Andy Kraus, and now Michael Kraus in the UVA lacrosse program. Michael, a freshman, is Virginia's second-leading scorer.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Begin NCAA Championships Competition
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2017
Virginia opened the 2017 NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships by competing in the...
Men Prepare for NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2017
The No. 14th-ranked Virginia men’s swim team begin their competition at the NCAA Division I...
Virginia Adds Two Medals to Meet
Swimming & Diving | 3/18/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia finish the last night of the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
Simon Earns Bronze with New School Record
Swimming & Diving | 3/17/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia added another top swim to the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
Smith Secures Silver in 500-Yard Freestyle
Swimming & Diving | 3/16/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— The University of Virginia finished day two of the NCAA Division I...
Virginia Starts NCAA Championships with All-America Honor
Swimming & Diving | 3/15/2017
The Virginia women's swim team opened the NCAA Division I Women's Swimming and Diving...
UVA Women Open NCAA Swim/Dive on Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 03/14/2017
The No. 8 Virginia women's swimming and diving team starts competition at the 2017 NCAA...
Shelton and Towbin Advance to NCAAs in Platform Diving
Swimming & Diving | 03/08/2017
Virginia freshman Bryce Shelton (Vienna, Va.) made it a clean sweep at the NCAA Zone A Diving...
- Online Stores