Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Virginia sits in fourth place
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Virginia comes close to breaking three NCAA records
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 20.76
100 Free: 45.06
200 Free: 1:39.60
100 Fly: 48.19
• Set career-best marks in the 50 free (20.76), 100 free (45.06) and 100 fly (48.19) at the ACC Championships
• Part of the 200 medley relay that posted the fourth-fastest UVa time ever in 1:26.51 at ACCs
• Won the 100 fly in a season-best time (48.50) at the Cavalier Invite
• Also placed second in the 100 free at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 100 fly and 10th in the 100 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 50 free (21.21), 100 free (45.43) and 200 free (1:39.60) at the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• National Public High School record holder in 200 medley relay - 1:30.01 (swam freestyle leg in 19.87)
• Six-time individual Michigan state champion
• 17-time NISCA All-American
• 16-time MHSAA All-State member
• USA Swimming Scholar-Athlete in 2013
• Earned the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award
• Four-time Saline High School All 'A' Academic Award winner
• 2012 Michigan Competitive Scholarship winner
• Son of Susan and Steven Whitener
• Has an older brother, Noah, who swam for Michigan 2007-09
Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' BondMen's Basketball8/20/16The Virginia men's basketball team made strides on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain this month.'Hoos Heading Home On High NoteMen's Basketball8/17/16On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars 85-49. Four players scored in double figures for the Cavaliers.Hall Eager To Take On Larger RoleMen's Basketball8/16/16Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility remaining for the UVA men's basketball team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/7/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/6/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
Cavalier Olympic Central
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
Jeff White: Cavalier Standouts Ready for Rio
Swimming & Diving | 08/04/2016
Of the nearly 20 representatives from UVA at the Olympic Games in Brazil, two are undergraduates:...
- Online Stores