Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Virginia sits in fourth place
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Virginia comes close to breaking three NCAA records
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 20.76
100 Free: 45.06
200 Free: 1:39.60
100 Fly: 48.19
• Set career-best marks in the 50 free (20.76), 100 free (45.06) and 100 fly (48.19) at the ACC Championships
• Part of the 200 medley relay that posted the fourth-fastest UVa time ever in 1:26.51 at ACCs
• Won the 100 fly in a season-best time (48.50) at the Cavalier Invite
• Also placed second in the 100 free at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 100 fly and 10th in the 100 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 50 free (21.21), 100 free (45.43) and 200 free (1:39.60) at the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• National Public High School record holder in 200 medley relay - 1:30.01 (swam freestyle leg in 19.87)
• Six-time individual Michigan state champion
• 17-time NISCA All-American
• 16-time MHSAA All-State member
• USA Swimming Scholar-Athlete in 2013
• Earned the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award
• Four-time Saline High School All 'A' Academic Award winner
• 2012 Michigan Competitive Scholarship winner
• Son of Susan and Steven Whitener
• Has an older brother, Noah, who swam for Michigan 2007-09
Hall Continues to Elevate His GameMen's Basketball12/16/17On an afternoon when fellow guards Nigel Johnson and Kyle Guy also shined for No. 16 Virginia, Devon Hall scored a career-high 20 points and added five rebounds and five assists.Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Cooper Thriving Under New Staff
Swimming & Diving | 12/12/2017
A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record...
Fong Named ACC Swimmer of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 12/5/2017
Junior Zach Fong (Moorestown, N.J.) was named ACC Men’s Swimmer of the Week as announced by...
Virginia Concludes UGA Fall Invite with Two School Records
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams concluded the final day of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Concludes Second Day at Georgia Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2017
The women’s team concluded the day in fourth place (389.5 points), while the men’s...
Cooper Records UVA Record on Day One of UGA Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams completed day one of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Competes at Georgia Fall Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2017
The Virginia will compete at the Georgia Fall Invitational this weekend (Dec. 1-3) in Athens, Ga....
Virginia Diving Concludes Frank Elm Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2017
Junior Kylie Towbin finished first in the platform with a score of 270.05, setting a UVA record...
Virginia Diving Finishes Second Day of Frank Elm Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s diving teams concluded the second day of competition...
- Online Stores