Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Virginia sits in fourth place
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Virginia comes close to breaking three NCAA records
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 20.76
100 Free: 45.06
200 Free: 1:39.60
100 Fly: 48.19
• Set career-best marks in the 50 free (20.76), 100 free (45.06) and 100 fly (48.19) at the ACC Championships
• Part of the 200 medley relay that posted the fourth-fastest UVa time ever in 1:26.51 at ACCs
• Won the 100 fly in a season-best time (48.50) at the Cavalier Invite
• Also placed second in the 100 free at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 100 fly and 10th in the 100 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 50 free (21.21), 100 free (45.43) and 200 free (1:39.60) at the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• National Public High School record holder in 200 medley relay - 1:30.01 (swam freestyle leg in 19.87)
• Six-time individual Michigan state champion
• 17-time NISCA All-American
• 16-time MHSAA All-State member
• USA Swimming Scholar-Athlete in 2013
• Earned the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award
• Four-time Saline High School All 'A' Academic Award winner
• 2012 Michigan Competitive Scholarship winner
• Son of Susan and Steven Whitener
• Has an older brother, Noah, who swam for Michigan 2007-09
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores