Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Virginia sits in fourth place
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Virginia comes close to breaking three NCAA records
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 20.76
100 Free: 45.06
200 Free: 1:39.60
100 Fly: 48.19
• Set career-best marks in the 50 free (20.76), 100 free (45.06) and 100 fly (48.19) at the ACC Championships
• Part of the 200 medley relay that posted the fourth-fastest UVa time ever in 1:26.51 at ACCs
• Won the 100 fly in a season-best time (48.50) at the Cavalier Invite
• Also placed second in the 100 free at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 100 fly and 10th in the 100 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 50 free (21.21), 100 free (45.43) and 200 free (1:39.60) at the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• National Public High School record holder in 200 medley relay - 1:30.01 (swam freestyle leg in 19.87)
• Six-time individual Michigan state champion
• 17-time NISCA All-American
• 16-time MHSAA All-State member
• USA Swimming Scholar-Athlete in 2013
• Earned the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Scholar-Athlete Award
• Four-time Saline High School All 'A' Academic Award winner
• 2012 Michigan Competitive Scholarship winner
• Son of Susan and Steven Whitener
• Has an older brother, Noah, who swam for Michigan 2007-09
'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceSwimming & Diving1/10/17The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts Virginia Tech this weekend at the Aquatic & Fitness Center, is ranked No. 15 nationally.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Smith Named ACC Swimmer of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 1/17/2017
Virginia senior Leah Smith has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference Female Swimmer of the...
Virginia Sweeps Virginia Tech on Senior Day
Swimming & Diving | 1/14/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams swept Virginia Tech Saturday...
Cavaliers Win 13 Events on First Day against Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/13/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams won 13 of 20 events against ...
UVA Hosts Virginia Tech Friday and Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 1/12/2017
The national-ranked Virginia swimming and diving teams face off with in-state rival Virginia Tech...
Jeff White: Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' Resurgence
Swimming & Diving | 1/10/2017
The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts ACC rival Virginia Tech this weekend, is ranked...
Virginia Finishes Action at Tennessee Diving Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 1/5/2017
The Virginia diving corps finished action at the Tennessee Diving Invitational Thursday (Jan. 5) ...
Virginia to Compete in Tennessee Diving Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 01/02/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s divers will open 2017 by competing at the Tennessee...
Smith Concludes World Champs with Third Medal
Swimming & Diving | 12/10/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Leah Smith earned silver in the 4x200-meter freestyle relay Saturday...
- Online Stores