Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Cavaliers post highest team finish in program history
400 medley relay finishes second, the highest UVa relay finish ever
National meet runs Thursday through Saturday in Greensboro, N.C.
NCAA All-American (2)
2013: 200 Fly (HM)
2012: 200 Fly (HM)
2013: 500 free
2012: 500 free, 1,650 free
Virginia Career Bests
500 Free: 4:41.53 (9th all-time at UVa)
1650 Free: 16:09.36 (10th all-time at UVa)
200 Fly: 1:55.91 (4th all-time at UVa)
• Earned the Jettie Hill Memorial Award as the fourth-year female student-athlete with the highest scholastic average through her four years at Virginia
• Qualified for NCAAs in the 500 free
• Placed fifth in the 1,650 free and eighth in the 500 free at ACCs
• Also finished 16th in the 200 fly at ACCs
• Earned a season-best time in the 1,650 free (16:14.60) at NCAAs
• Posted season-best marks in the 500 free (4:41.79) and 200 fly (1:57.99) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fourth in the 1,650 free in a career-best time of 16:09.36 at the ACC Championships
• Also placed eighth in the 500 free and 200 fly at ACCs
• Swam a career-best 4:41.53 in the 500 free and a season-best 1:57.40 in the 200 fly at ACCs
• Finished 28th in the 500 free and 38th in the 1,650 free and 200 fly at the NCAA Championships
• Touched sixth in the 200 fly and 15th in the 500 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with a 14th-place finish in the 200-yard butterfly at NCAAs
• Also finished 27th in the 500 free at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors with a third-place finish in the 500 free in a career-best time of 4:41.81 at ACCs
• Touched fourth in the 1,650 free in a career-best time of 16:15.43 and fifth in the 200 fly in 200 fly at ACCs
• Set a career-best mark of 1:55.91 in the prelims of the 200 fly at ACCs
• Placed fifth in the 500 free and eighth in the 1,650 free and 200 fly at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 1,000 free against Duke
• Earned the team's Academic Award
• Given the Gus and Becky Ramirez Scholarship
• Named to the ACC All-Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 200 freestyle, 400 freestyle, 100 butterfly, 200 butterfly, 400 IM
• Competed in the 500 freestyle and 200 butterfly at her first NCAA Championships
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with a 16th-place performance in the 200 butterfly (1:58.80)
• Went 1:56.55 in the 200 butterfly during the preliminaries at NCAAs
• Finished 21st in the 500 freestyle (4:42.64) at the national meet
• Earned all-conference honors with third-place finishes in the 500 freestyle and 1650 freestyle at the ACC Championships
• Clocked a time of 4:42.23 in the preliminaries of the 500 freestyle
• Finished the 1650 freestyle in 16:21.56 at the conference meet
• Also placed sixth in the 200 butterfly (1:59.36) at ACCs; went 1:56.54 in the prelims
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Placed sixth in the 200m fly (2:12.94) at the U.S. Open
• Member of the 2010-11 U.S. National Junior Team
• Swam for NOVA of Virginia under Geoff Brown
• 2011 Richmond Times-Dispatch All-Metro Swimmer of the Year
• Member of NSCA Junior Team that competed in Ireland in 2010
• 18-and-under national champion in the 200 butterfly
• Scholastic All-American
• Member of National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society and Math Honor Society
• Daughter of Darrell and Mary Anne Haulsee
Road Tests Await 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/17No. 16 UVA, which beat Georgia Tech at JPJ on Saturday, is on the road Tuesday against No. 15 Notre Dame and next Sunday against No. 1 Villanova.Perseverance Paying Off for SchanyWrestling1/21/17Redshirt sophomore Will Schany is the starting 184-pounder for No. 25 Virginia, which meets No. 6 Virginia Tech at 4 p.m. Sunday in Blacksburg.Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Earns Sweep at North Carolina Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 1/21/2017
The Virginia swimming and diving teams swept North Carolina Saturday afternoon in Chapel Hill, N.C.
Cavaliers Break Five Pool Records in Sweep at Duke
Swimming & Diving | 1/20/2017
The Virginia swimming and diving teams broke five pool records on the way to sweeping Duke Friday...
Virginia Travels to Duke, North Carolina This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 1/19/2017
The Virginia swimming and diving teams travel this weekend to face Duke on Friday and North...
Smith Named ACC Swimmer of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 1/17/2017
Virginia senior Leah Smith has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference Female Swimmer of the...
Virginia Sweeps Virginia Tech on Senior Day
Swimming & Diving | 1/14/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams swept Virginia Tech Saturday...
Cavaliers Win 13 Events on First Day against Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/13/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams won 13 of 20 events against ...
UVA Hosts Virginia Tech Friday and Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 01/12/2017
The national-ranked Virginia swimming and diving teams face off with in-state rival Virginia Tech...
Jeff White: Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' Resurgence
Swimming & Diving | 01/10/2017
The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts ACC rival Virginia Tech this weekend, is ranked...
- Online Stores