Virginia posts seven women and three men to team
Four underclassmen to represent Cavaliers in NCAA Championships in Indianapolis
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavaliers in seventh going into final day
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:35.14 (8th all-time at UVA)
500 Free: 4:19.90
100 Back: 47.23 (6th all-time at UVA)
200 Back: 1:42.72 (4th all-time at UVA)
200 IM: 1:45.55 (7th all-time at UVA)
400 IM: 3:45.66 (5th all-time at UVA)
• Placed 10th in 400-yard individual medley, 14th in 200 backstroke and 15th in 200 IM at ACC Championships
• Set career-best times in 200 freestyle (1:35.14), 200 back (1:42.72) and 200 IM (1:45.55) at ACCs
• Posted career-best mark in 400 IM (3:45.66) at Ohio State Last Chance
• Notched career-best time in 100 back (47.23) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Made two championship finals at the ACC Championships, placing sixth in the 200 back and eighth in the 500 free
• Also finished ninth in the 400 IM in a career-best time of 3:46.64
• Set career-best times in the 200 free (1:36.62) at ACCs
• Posted career-best marks in the 200 back (1:42.88) and 500 free (4:19.90) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Placed 10th in the 200 back and 17th in the 100 back at the ACC Championships
• Set season-best marks in the 100 back (48.36), 200 back (1:43.81) and 200 IM (1:48.43) at ACCs
• Finished eighth in the 200 back, 13th in the 100 back and 15th in the 200 IM at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up wins in the 500 free against Duke and Pitt
• Seven-time high school All-American
• Ohio state champion in 200 IM
• Three-time Scholastic All-American
• Two-time conference MVP
• 16-time All-Ohio honoree
• Three-time Cleveland Plain Dealer All-Star
• Qualified for the U.S. National Championships and World Championship Trials in the 400 IM
• An AP Scholar with Honors
• Son of Kathy and Neil Quinn
• Has an older sister, Lindsey, and a younger brother, Jason
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 3/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
Moroney Leads Cavaliers on Third Day of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/16/2018
Megan Moroney led the Cavaliers on the third day of competition at the NCAA Championships.
Virginia Records Three Podium Finishes on Day Two of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/15/2018
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors on the sconed day of...
Virginia Opens NCAA Championships with All-America Honors
Swimming & Diving | 03/14/2018
Virginia opens the Women's NCAA Championships with a school record and All-America honors in the ...
Virginia Women Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 03/13/2018
The Cavaliers will head to the NCAA Championships with 19 competitors. The four-day meet will...
- Online Stores