Virginia posts seven women and three men to team
Four underclassmen to represent Cavaliers in NCAA Championships in Indianapolis
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavaliers in seventh going into final day
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:35.14 (8th all-time at UVA)
500 Free: 4:19.90
100 Back: 47.23 (6th all-time at UVA)
200 Back: 1:42.72 (4th all-time at UVA)
200 IM: 1:45.55 (7th all-time at UVA)
400 IM: 3:45.66 (5th all-time at UVA)
• Placed 10th in 400-yard individual medley, 14th in 200 backstroke and 15th in 200 IM at ACC Championships
• Set career-best times in 200 freestyle (1:35.14), 200 back (1:42.72) and 200 IM (1:45.55) at ACCs
• Posted career-best mark in 400 IM (3:45.66) at Ohio State Last Chance
• Notched career-best time in 100 back (47.23) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Made two championship finals at the ACC Championships, placing sixth in the 200 back and eighth in the 500 free
• Also finished ninth in the 400 IM in a career-best time of 3:46.64
• Set career-best times in the 200 free (1:36.62) at ACCs
• Posted career-best marks in the 200 back (1:42.88) and 500 free (4:19.90) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Placed 10th in the 200 back and 17th in the 100 back at the ACC Championships
• Set season-best marks in the 100 back (48.36), 200 back (1:43.81) and 200 IM (1:48.43) at ACCs
• Finished eighth in the 200 back, 13th in the 100 back and 15th in the 200 IM at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up wins in the 500 free against Duke and Pitt
• Seven-time high school All-American
• Ohio state champion in 200 IM
• Three-time Scholastic All-American
• Two-time conference MVP
• 16-time All-Ohio honoree
• Three-time Cleveland Plain Dealer All-Star
• Qualified for the U.S. National Championships and World Championship Trials in the 400 IM
• An AP Scholar with Honors
• Son of Kathy and Neil Quinn
• Has an older sister, Lindsey, and a younger brother, Jason
Nicholson Shines On and Off Water at UVAWomen's Rowing5/25/17Allie Nicholson, who had never rowed before arriving at UVA in 2013, is now a key member of one of the nation's top programs.'Hoos Eager to Make More HistoryMen's Tennis5/22/17A win over No. 9 seed North Carolina on Tuesday afternoon would give second-seeded Virginia its third straight NCAA men's tennis title.McKee Thriving in New SurroundingsTrack & Field, Cross Country5/22/17A transfer from Kansas, Kelly McKee will compete in the triple jump this week at the NCAA East Regional meet in Lexington, Kentucky.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Concludes U.S. Swimming Open Water National Championships
Swimming & Diving | 5/21/2017
Redshirt sophomore Brendan Casey (Santa Monica, Calif.) concluded the U.S. Swimming Open Water...
Casey Finishes Second at the U.S. Swimming Open Water...
Swimming & Diving | 5/19/2017
Redshirt sophomore Brendan Casey (Santa Monica, Calif.) finished second at the U.S. Swimming Open...
Swimming and Diving Names 10 student-athletes to All-ACC...
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2017
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams had 10 student-athletes named to the...
Gould and Denning Named 2017 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholars
Swimming & Diving | 4/11/2017
Audrey Gould and John Denning have been named 2017 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholars.
UVA Concludes NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/25/2017
The Virginia men’s swim team concluded competition at the NCAA Swimming and Diving...
Schubert Lands on UVA Top-Times List
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2017
Day three of the NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships concluded on Friday (March 24...
UVA Concludes Day Two of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/23/2017
Virginia completed day two of the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships on Thursday (March 23)...
Cavaliers Begin NCAA Championships Competition
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2017
Virginia opened the 2017 NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships by competing in the...
- Online Stores