Virginia posts seven women and three men to team
Four underclassmen to represent Cavaliers in NCAA Championships in Indianapolis
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavaliers in seventh going into final day
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:35.14 (8th all-time at UVA)
500 Free: 4:19.90
100 Back: 47.23 (6th all-time at UVA)
200 Back: 1:42.72 (4th all-time at UVA)
200 IM: 1:45.55 (7th all-time at UVA)
400 IM: 3:45.66 (5th all-time at UVA)
• Placed 10th in 400-yard individual medley, 14th in 200 backstroke and 15th in 200 IM at ACC Championships
• Set career-best times in 200 freestyle (1:35.14), 200 back (1:42.72) and 200 IM (1:45.55) at ACCs
• Posted career-best mark in 400 IM (3:45.66) at Ohio State Last Chance
• Notched career-best time in 100 back (47.23) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Made two championship finals at the ACC Championships, placing sixth in the 200 back and eighth in the 500 free
• Also finished ninth in the 400 IM in a career-best time of 3:46.64
• Set career-best times in the 200 free (1:36.62) at ACCs
• Posted career-best marks in the 200 back (1:42.88) and 500 free (4:19.90) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Placed 10th in the 200 back and 17th in the 100 back at the ACC Championships
• Set season-best marks in the 100 back (48.36), 200 back (1:43.81) and 200 IM (1:48.43) at ACCs
• Finished eighth in the 200 back, 13th in the 100 back and 15th in the 200 IM at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up wins in the 500 free against Duke and Pitt
• Seven-time high school All-American
• Ohio state champion in 200 IM
• Three-time Scholastic All-American
• Two-time conference MVP
• 16-time All-Ohio honoree
• Three-time Cleveland Plain Dealer All-Star
• Qualified for the U.S. National Championships and World Championship Trials in the 400 IM
• An AP Scholar with Honors
• Son of Kathy and Neil Quinn
• Has an older sister, Lindsey, and a younger brother, Jason
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores