Four student-athletes named for third time
Johnson and Towbin punch first tickets to national meet
Senior diver places fifth to qualify for national meet
Kaeser, Smith named swimmers of the week, Corbett named diver of the week
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
1m Diving: 301.42 (UVA record)
3m Diving: 351.70 (UVA Record)
Platform Diving: 265.70 (UVA record)
• Became first Virginia women's diver to qualify for two NCAA Championships
• Placed 22nd on 3-meter, 28th on 1-meter and 34th on platform at NCAA Championships
• Won 3-meter at NCAA Zone Diving Championships
• Earned All-ACC honors with third-place finish on 3-meter at ACC Championships
• Also finished eighth on platform and 22nd on 1-meter at ACCs
• Set school record on 3-meter (351.70) at ACCs
• Won 1-meter and 3-meter at UGA Fall Invitational
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Became the first Virginia women's diver to qualify for the NCAA Championships after finishing fifth on 1- and 3-meter at the NCAA Zone Championships
• Also finished fourth on platform at Zones
• Set a Virginia record on platform (265.70) at Zones
• Placed 12th on 1-meter and 13th on platform at ACCs
• Won 3-meter against Virginia Tech
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Set the UVa record on platform with a score of 248.05 at ACCs, good enough for 12th place
• Finished 21st on 3-meter and 27th on a 1-meter at ACCs
• Placed sixth on platform, 14th on 3-meter and 31st on 1-meter at the NCAA Zone A Championships
• Picked up four dual-meet wins (2x 1m, 2x 3m)
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Set the Virginia record on the 1-meter springboards with a score of 301.42 against Navy
• Finished fifth on the platform, seventh on the 1m and 23rd on the 3m at NCAA Zones
• Placed eighth on the 3m boards and 10th on the platform at ACCs
• Also finished 17th on the 1m boards at ACCs
• Picked up four dual-meet wins (3x 1-meter, 1x 3-meter)
• Won the Kentucky state championship in 2012
• Finished third at state meet three times (2009-11)
• Three-time All-American
• Finished ninth on the platform at the 2011 Junior National Diving Championships
• Also placed 23rd on the 3-meter and 32nd on the 1-meter at Junior Nationals
• Won the 1-meter event and took second in the 3-meter event at the 2011 USA Diving Summer Junior Region 3 Championships
• Named Sacred Heart Academy's Athlete of the Year in 2012
• Member of the National Honor Society and National Spanish Honor Society
• Daughter of Susan and Mark Corbett
• Has a sister, Mary Beth, who dove at Stanford
• Has a brother, Daniel, who plays basketball at Johns Hopkins
• Coached by Mike Zender at Cardinal Dive Club
• Dove under Jim Luebbe at Sacred Heart Academy
Cavalier Football NotebookFootball7/27/16The start of training camp is approaching for UVA's football team, which opens the season Sept. 3 against Richmond at Scott Stadium.Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Kaeser to Represent Swiss in Swimming at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 7/15/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser has been selected to represent his native...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Rio Olympics in 800m Free
Swimming & Diving | 7/2/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith qualified for the Rio Olympics in the women’s 800...
Leah Smith Officially Punches Ticket to Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 6/29/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith officially punched her ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Olympic Games in 400m Free
Swimming & Diving | 6/27/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith finished second in the women's 400-meter freestyle at the U.S. ...
Cavalier Swimmers Head to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 6/23/2016
A total of 34 swimmers with ties to Virginia are set to compete at the upcoming U.S. Olympic Team...
Twelve Cavaliers Named CSCAA Scholar All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 6/22/2016
Twelve members of the Virginia swimming and diving program have been honored by the CSCAA as 2016...
Smith Wins Three Events at Arena Pro Series in Indy
Swimming & Diving | 06/06/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith won three events at the Arena Pro Swim Series in Indianapolis, ...
Buergler Named to CoSIDA Academic All-District Team
Swimming & Diving | 05/12/2016
Virginia senior diver Carl Buergler has been named to the College Sports Information Directors of...
- Online Stores