National meet to be held in Atlanta March 16-19
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers post highest team finish in program history
Cavaliers finish in the top eight in four events
2015: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2014: 800 Free Relay, 1,650 Free (HM)
2015: 800 Free Relay
2015: 1,650 Free, 800 Free Relay
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:45.83 (7th all-time at UVA)
500 Free: 4:38.72 (4th all-time at UVA)
1000 Free: 9:48.46
1650 Free: 16:07.60 (7th all-time at UVA)
• Placed 17th in 1,650-yard freestyle, 25th in 500 free and 29th in 200 free at NCAA Championships
• Finished fourth in mile, fifth in 500 free and eighth in 200 free at ACC Championships
• Set career-bests in the 500 free (4:38.72) and 1,650 free (16:07.60) at ACCs
• Recorded season best in 200 free (1:45.92) at NCAAs
• Won 500 free and 1,000 free against Virginia Tech and Towson
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with the 800 free relay that finished ninth at NCAAs in 7:03.79
• Qualified for NCAAs in the 500 free and 1,650 free
• Notched a career-best in the 200 free at NCAAs in 1:45.83
• ACC Champion with 800 free relay
• Earned All-ACC honors with a second-place finish in the 1,650 free in a season-best 16:10.84
• Placed fifth in the 500 free and seventh in the 200 free at ACCs
• Set a season-best time in the 500 free (4:41.93) at ACCs
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned All-America honors as part of the 800 free relay that finished fifth in 7:01.81 at the NCAA Championships
• Took home honorable mention All-America honors with a 16th-place finish in the 1,650 free (16:09.00) at NCAAs
• Also finished 27th in the 500 free and 33rd in the 200 free at the national meet
• Placed fourth in the 500 free and fifth in the 200 and 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished third in the 500 free, eighth in the mile and 12th in the 200 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up a dual-meet win in the 500 free against Duke
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Qualified for NCAAs in 1,650-yard freestyle, placing 17th in 16:10.24
• Also placed 24th in season-best 4:43.43 in 500 free and 43rd in 200 free at NCAAs
• Earned fifth-place finishes in 1,650 free and 500 free at ACCs
• Placed 11th in season-best 1:47.66 in 200 free at conference meet
• Finished seventh in Georgia Fall Invitational
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in 1,000 free against Navy
• Finalist at 2011 Short Course Junior Nationals
• Helped lead Frederick to two state championships
• Named Frederick's Swimmer of the Year in 2011
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Daughter of Cindy Wilcox and John Borgersen
• Coached by Andy Lehner at Monocacy Aquatic Club
• Swam for Andy Frank at Frederick High School
Hunter Continues to Blossom for 'HoosMen's Basketball1/22/18Another strong performance off the bench by redshirt freshman De'Andre Hunter helped No. 2 Virginia rally for a 59-49 win at Wake Forest on Sunday night.1992-93 Cavaliers Step Back Into SpotlightWomen's Basketball1/20/18The 1992-93 Virginia women's basketball team will be honored Sunday at John Paul Jones Arena as part of National Girls and Women in Sports Day.'Hoos Make Themselves at Home in AtlantaMen's Basketball1/19/18No. 2 Virginia, which plays Sunday at Wake Forest, stretched its winning streak to nine games with a victory over Georgia Tech in Atlanta on Thursday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Defeats North Carolina
Swimming & Diving | 1/20/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women ended the year undefeated in dual competition with a, 196-104, win over ...
Virginia Splits with NC State at Home
Swimming & Diving | 1/19/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women’s swimming and diving team defeated No. 15 NC State, 178-117,...
Cavaliers Host NC State and North Carolina
Swimming & Diving | 1/18/2018
The Cavaliers will host NC State on Friday and North Carolina on Saturday. Diving will begin at...
Cavaliers Split with Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/13/2018
The No. 11 Virginia women's team defeated No. 25 Virginia Tech, 189.5-163.5, while the No. 21...
Virginia Finishes Day One against Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/12/2018
Virginia will return to action tomorrow for day two against Virginia Tech. The meet will begin at...
Virginia Competes in Weekend Meet at Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/11/2018
The Cavaliers will travel to Virginia Tech for a two0day meet beginning on Friday at 5 p.m....
Cooper and Towbin Earned ACC Weekly Honors
Swimming & Diving | 01/09/2018
Senior swimmer Caitlin Cooper and junior diver Kylie Towbin earned weekly ACC honors, as...
Virginia Splits with Tennessee
Swimming & Diving | 01/05/2018
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim diving teams split a dual meet against Tennessee,...
- Online Stores