National meet to be held in Atlanta March 16-19
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers post highest team finish in program history
Cavaliers finish in the top eight in four events
2015: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2014: 800 Free Relay, 1,650 Free (HM)
2015: 800 Free Relay
2015: 1,650 Free, 800 Free Relay
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:45.83 (7th all-time at UVA)
500 Free: 4:38.72 (4th all-time at UVA)
1000 Free: 9:48.46
1650 Free: 16:07.60 (7th all-time at UVA)
• Placed 17th in 1,650-yard freestyle, 25th in 500 free and 29th in 200 free at NCAA Championships
• Finished fourth in mile, fifth in 500 free and eighth in 200 free at ACC Championships
• Set career-bests in the 500 free (4:38.72) and 1,650 free (16:07.60) at ACCs
• Recorded season best in 200 free (1:45.92) at NCAAs
• Won 500 free and 1,000 free against Virginia Tech and Towson
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with the 800 free relay that finished ninth at NCAAs in 7:03.79
• Qualified for NCAAs in the 500 free and 1,650 free
• Notched a career-best in the 200 free at NCAAs in 1:45.83
• ACC Champion with 800 free relay
• Earned All-ACC honors with a second-place finish in the 1,650 free in a season-best 16:10.84
• Placed fifth in the 500 free and seventh in the 200 free at ACCs
• Set a season-best time in the 500 free (4:41.93) at ACCs
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned All-America honors as part of the 800 free relay that finished fifth in 7:01.81 at the NCAA Championships
• Took home honorable mention All-America honors with a 16th-place finish in the 1,650 free (16:09.00) at NCAAs
• Also finished 27th in the 500 free and 33rd in the 200 free at the national meet
• Placed fourth in the 500 free and fifth in the 200 and 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished third in the 500 free, eighth in the mile and 12th in the 200 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up a dual-meet win in the 500 free against Duke
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Qualified for NCAAs in 1,650-yard freestyle, placing 17th in 16:10.24
• Also placed 24th in season-best 4:43.43 in 500 free and 43rd in 200 free at NCAAs
• Earned fifth-place finishes in 1,650 free and 500 free at ACCs
• Placed 11th in season-best 1:47.66 in 200 free at conference meet
• Finished seventh in Georgia Fall Invitational
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in 1,000 free against Navy
• Finalist at 2011 Short Course Junior Nationals
• Helped lead Frederick to two state championships
• Named Frederick's Swimmer of the Year in 2011
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Daughter of Cindy Wilcox and John Borgersen
• Coached by Andy Lehner at Monocacy Aquatic Club
• Swam for Andy Frank at Frederick High School
Conte's Impact Continues to GrowFootball9/28/16In his second year as a Virginia starter, graduate student Nicholas Conte (44.2-yard average) ranks among the nation's top punters.Spirit of '76 Unites Basketball FamilyMen's Basketball9/27/16At the Virginia men's basketball reunion, the spotlight was on the 1975-76 team and the legacy of former head coach Terry Holland.'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Swimming and Diving Announces 2016-17 Schedule
Swimming & Diving | 9/13/2016
Virginia swimming and diving head coach Augie Busch announced the Cavaliers’ 2016-17...
Trio of Cavaliers Named Preseason All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 9/12/2016
A trio of Virginia swimming seniors, Kaitlyn Jones, Laura Simon and Leah Smith, have been named...
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/07/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
- Online Stores