National meet to be held in Atlanta March 16-19
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers post highest team finish in program history
Cavaliers finish in the top eight in four events
2015: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2014: 800 Free Relay, 1,650 Free (HM)
2015: 800 Free Relay
2015: 1,650 Free, 800 Free Relay
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:45.83 (6th all-time at UVa)
500 Free: 4:40.37 (6th all-time at UVa)
1000 Free: 9:48.46
1650 Free: 16:09.00 (8th all-time at UVa)
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with the 800 free relay that finished ninth at NCAAs in 7:03.79
• Qualified for NCAAs in the 500 free and 1,650 free
• Notched a career-best in the 200 free at NCAAs in 1:45.83
• ACC Champion with 800 free relay
• Earned All-ACC honors with a second-place finish in the 1,650 free in a season-best 16:10.84
• Placed fifth in the 500 free and seventh in the 200 free at ACCs
• Set a season-best time in the 500 free (4:41.93) at ACCs
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned All-America honors as part of the 800 free relay that finished fifth in 7:01.81 at the NCAA Championships
• Took home honorable mention All-America honors with a 16th-place finish in the 1,650 free (16:09.00) at NCAAs
• Also finished 27th in the 500 free and 33rd in the 200 free at the national meet
• Placed fourth in the 500 free and fifth in the 200 and 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished third in the 500 free, eighth in the mile and 12th in the 200 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up a dual-meet win in the 500 free against Duke
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Qualified for NCAAs in 1,650-yard freestyle, placing 17th in 16:10.24
• Also placed 24th in season-best 4:43.43 in 500 free and 43rd in 200 free at NCAAs
• Earned fifth-place finishes in 1,650 free and 500 free at ACCs
• Placed 11th in season-best 1:47.66 in 200 free at conference meet
• Finished seventh in Georgia Fall Invitational
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in 1,000 free against Navy
• Finalist at 2011 Short Course Junior Nationals
• Helped lead Frederick to two state championships
• Named Frederick's Swimmer of the Year in 2011
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Daughter of Cindy Wilcox and John Borgersen
• Coached by Andy Lehner at Monocacy Aquatic Club
• Swam for Andy Frank at Frederick High School
Cavaliers Roll Into Exam BreakBaseball5/4/16No. 13 Virginia, which is off until May 13, when ACC foe Georgia Tech visits Davenport Field, has won six games in a row.Cavaliers' Margin for Error GoneMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Malcolm Brogdon and Leah Smith UVA's Top Athletes
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2016
Malcolm Brogdon (men's basketball) and Leah Smith (women's swimming) were honored as Virginia's...
13 Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/25/2016
The Virginia swimming and diving team had 13 members named to the All-ACC Academic Swimming and...
Swimming and Diving Adds Kyle Ward to 2016 Signing Class
Swimming & Diving | 4/20/2016
Virginia head swimming and diving coach Augie Busch has announced that Kyle Ward (Bartlesville,...
Jeff White: Smith Shifts Focus to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 4/4/2016
Next up for junior Leah Smith, who has won four individual NCAA titles during her UVA career, are...
Busch Named ACC Women’s Swimming Coach of the Year
Swimming & Diving | 3/31/2016
Virginia head swimming and diving coach Augie Busch has been named ACC Women’s Swimming...
Kaeser Finishes Seventh in 200 Breast at NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/26/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Yannick Kaeser earned first-team All-America honors in the 200-yard...
Kaeser Places 14th in 100 Breast at NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/25/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Yannick Kaeser earned honorable mention All-Ameirca honors in the 100-yar...
UVA Finishes Action on Second Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/24/2016
The Virginia men’s swimming and diving team finished action on the second day of the NCAA...
- Online Stores