Casey finished fourth at the USA Open Water National Championships to qualify for the national team
Cavalier duo led UVA to wins at Duke and North Carolina
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Earned silver at the 2017 FINA World Championships with the 5k open water mixed team relay
Finished ninth in the 10k at the 2017 FINA World Championships
Finished second at 2017 U.S. Open Water National Championships in 10k
Virginia Career Bests
500 Free: 4:21.19
1000 Free: 9:15.92
1650 Free: 15:05.09
100 Back: 48.92
200 Back: 1:44.86
400 IM: 3:47.50
• Finished 19th in the 200-yard backstroke, 21st in the 400-yard individual medley and 29th in the 500-yard freestyle at the ACC Championships
• Placed second in the 400-yard indivudal medley and fifth in the 100-yard backstroke against NC State
• Recognized on CSCAA Scholar All-America Team
• ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Did not compete
• Placed fifth in the 1,650 free at ACCs in a season-best time of 15:05.09
• Also finished 11th in the 500 free and 20th in the 400 IM at the conference meet
• Set a season-best time in the 500 free (4:22.39) at ACCs
• Posted season bests in the 200 back (1:45.79) and 400 IM (3:52.42) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 400 IM against Virginia Tech and the 200 back against Navy
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Captured gold in the 10k open water event at the 2014 Junior Pan Pacific Championships in Maui, Hawaii
• Placed ninth in the 800m free, 10th in the 1,500m free and 11th in the 200m back at the 2014 Junior Pan Pacs
• Member of the U.S. Junior National Open Water Team
• Placed sixth in the individual 5k event at the 2012 World Junior Open Water Championships
• Finished third as part of Team USA in the 3k event at the same meet
Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores