Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Senior diver was two-time All-ACC Academic Team honoree
Four student-athletes named for third time
Buergler, Bartholomew honored for performance in final home meet
Virginia Career Bests
1-meter: 362.70 (4th all-time at UVa)
3-meter: 390.52 (2nd all-time at UVa)
Platform: 353.70 (3rd all-time at UVa)
• Named to CoSIDA Academic All-District At-Large District 3 First Team
• Qualified for championship finals and placed seventh on 1-meter and platform at ACC Championships
• Finished 10th on 3-meter at ACCs
• Qualified for finals on all three boards at NCAA Zone Diving Championships
• Finished fifth on platform, ninth on 3-meter and 16th on 1-meter at Zones
• Earned season-best mark on platform (339.15) at ACCs
• Notched season-best mark on 1-meter (344.20) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Set season-best mark on 3-meter (376.65) against Notre Dame
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Honored with Gus Tebell Memorial Award for being the male fourth-year student-athlete with the highest scholastic average through his four years at UVA
• Finished seventh on 1-meter at ACCs
• Placed 18th on platform and 23rd on 3-meter at conference meet
• Qualified for finals on all three boards at the NCAA Zone Diving Championships
• Earned a career-best score on platform (353.70) at Zones
• Notched a career-best mark on 3-meter (390.52) at the Cavalier Diving Invite
• Set a career-best 362.70 on 1-meter against Navy
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fifth on 3-meter, seventh on platform and 12th on 1-meter at the NCAA Zone Championships
• Placed 14th on 3-meter, 15th on platform and 19th on 1-meter at the ACC Championships
• Set a career-best on 3-meter (383.93) at the quad meet
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Honored as a CSCAA Scholar All-American Honorable Mention
• Placed fifth on both the 1-meter and 3m springboards at NCAA Zones
• Finished sixth on the platform at Zones
• Broke a then-school record on the 3m in his collegiate debut against Navy (377.85)
• Placed ninth on both the 3m and platform at ACCs
• Finished 12th on 1m at the conference meet
• Picked up two dual-meet wins (one each on 1m and 3m)
• Finished ninth on the 1m and 3m and 11th on the platform at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Four-time High School All-American
• Virginia high school state champion
• Spring 2012 East National Champion on the 3-meter
• Finished 12th on the 1-meter and 14th on the 3-meter at the 2011 Speedo Junior National Championships
• Served as Washington-Lee's captain from 2011-12
• An AP Scholar with Distinction
• Earned All A's Academic Honor Roll all four years at Washington-Lee
• Son of Blanche and David Buergler
• Has two sisters, Blaire and Elizabeth
Cavalier Football NotebookFootball7/27/16The start of training camp is approaching for UVA's football team, which opens the season Sept. 3 against Richmond at Scott Stadium.Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Kaeser to Represent Swiss in Swimming at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 7/15/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser has been selected to represent his native...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Rio Olympics in 800m Free
Swimming & Diving | 7/2/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith qualified for the Rio Olympics in the women’s 800...
Leah Smith Officially Punches Ticket to Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 6/29/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith officially punched her ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Olympic Games in 400m Free
Swimming & Diving | 6/27/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith finished second in the women's 400-meter freestyle at the U.S. ...
Cavalier Swimmers Head to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 6/23/2016
A total of 34 swimmers with ties to Virginia are set to compete at the upcoming U.S. Olympic Team...
Twelve Cavaliers Named CSCAA Scholar All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 6/22/2016
Twelve members of the Virginia swimming and diving program have been honored by the CSCAA as 2016...
Smith Wins Three Events at Arena Pro Series in Indy
Swimming & Diving | 06/06/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith won three events at the Arena Pro Swim Series in Indianapolis, ...
Buergler Named to CoSIDA Academic All-District Team
Swimming & Diving | 05/12/2016
Virginia senior diver Carl Buergler has been named to the College Sports Information Directors of...
- Online Stores