Marrkand set a school record in the 200-yard butterfly
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Virginia had eight women and two men recognized
2015: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2015: 800 Free Relay
2015: 500 Free, 800 Free Relay
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 50.42
200 Free: 1:46.33
500 Free: 4:43.09
1,000 Free: 9:51.98
1,650 Free: 16:18.41
• Finished sixth in the 1650-yard freestyle, eighth in the 500-yard freestyle and 22nd in the 200-yard freestyle at the ACC Championships
• Recorded a career-best swim at the ACC Championships in the 1650-yard freestyle (16:18.41)
• Placed sixth in the 1650-yard freestyle, eighth in the 500-yard freestyle and 14th in the 200-yard freestyle at the UGA Fall Invite
• Recognized to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed eighth in 500-yard freestyle at ACC Championships
• Finished 11th in 1,650 free and 19th in 200 free at ACCs
• Set a career-best time in 1,650 free (16:32.04) at UGA Fall Invitational)
• Posted season-best marks in 200 free (1:47.51) and 500 free (4:43.36) at ACCs
• Won 200 free and 500 free against Tennessee
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with the 800 free relay that placed ninth at the NCAA Championships
• Was the anchor that came from behind to win the ACC title in the 800 free relay in an ACC and UVa record time of 7:00.93
• Earned All-ACC honors with a third-place finish in the 500 free in a season-best time of 4:43.09
• Also placed ninth in the 200 free at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 100 free (50.42) and 200 free (1:46.33) at ACCs
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Multiple-time finalist at Speedo Junior National Championships
• NISCA/Speedo High School All-American
• USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Three-time individual and five-time relay Florida state champion (2x 200 free, 1x 500 free, 4x 400 free relay, 1x 200 free relay)
• Four-time member of Principal's High Honor Roll
• AP Scholar with Honor
• Member of the National Honor Society and Spanish National Honor Society
• Daughter of Sarah and Cris Williams
• Has an older sister, Lily, who runs track at Vanderbilt
• Mother, Sarah, was an Olympic speed skater for the U.S. in 1980
• Father, Cris, was a swimmer at Wisconsin from 1978-82
Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.McCarthy's Return Sparks CavaliersBaseball5/15/18After missing 34 games with a wrist injury, junior Jake McCarthy returned to the lineup and helped UVA secure a critical ACC series win over Georgia Tech.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores