UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Virginia had eight women and two men recognized
Cavaliers finish in the top eight in four events
2015: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2015: 800 Free Relay
2015: 500 Free, 800 Free Relay
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 50.42
200 Free: 1:46.33
500 Free: 4:43.09
1,000 Free: 9:51.98
1,650 Free: 16:18.41
• Finished sixth in the 1650-yard freestyle, eighth in the 500-yard freestyle and 22nd in the 200-yard freestyle at the ACC Championships
• Recorded a career-best swim at the ACC Championships in the 1650-yard freestyle (16:18.41)
• Placed sixth in the 1650-yard freestyle, eighth in the 500-yard freestyle and 14th in the 200-yard freestyle at the UGA Fall Invite
• Recognized to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed eighth in 500-yard freestyle at ACC Championships
• Finished 11th in 1,650 free and 19th in 200 free at ACCs
• Set a career-best time in 1,650 free (16:32.04) at UGA Fall Invitational)
• Posted season-best marks in 200 free (1:47.51) and 500 free (4:43.36) at ACCs
• Won 200 free and 500 free against Tennessee
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with the 800 free relay that placed ninth at the NCAA Championships
• Was the anchor that came from behind to win the ACC title in the 800 free relay in an ACC and UVa record time of 7:00.93
• Earned All-ACC honors with a third-place finish in the 500 free in a season-best time of 4:43.09
• Also placed ninth in the 200 free at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 100 free (50.42) and 200 free (1:46.33) at ACCs
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Multiple-time finalist at Speedo Junior National Championships
• NISCA/Speedo High School All-American
• USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Three-time individual and five-time relay Florida state champion (2x 200 free, 1x 500 free, 4x 400 free relay, 1x 200 free relay)
• Four-time member of Principal's High Honor Roll
• AP Scholar with Honor
• Member of the National Honor Society and Spanish National Honor Society
• Daughter of Sarah and Cris Williams
• Has an older sister, Lily, who runs track at Vanderbilt
• Mother, Sarah, was an Olympic speed skater for the U.S. in 1980
• Father, Cris, was a swimmer at Wisconsin from 1978-82
Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Cooper Thriving Under New Staff
Swimming & Diving | 12/12/2017
A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record...
Fong Named ACC Swimmer of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 12/5/2017
Junior Zach Fong (Moorestown, N.J.) was named ACC Men’s Swimmer of the Week as announced by...
Virginia Concludes UGA Fall Invite with Two School Records
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams concluded the final day of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Concludes Second Day at Georgia Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2017
The women’s team concluded the day in fourth place (389.5 points), while the men’s...
Cooper Records UVA Record on Day One of UGA Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams completed day one of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Competes at Georgia Fall Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2017
The Virginia will compete at the Georgia Fall Invitational this weekend (Dec. 1-3) in Athens, Ga....
Virginia Diving Concludes Frank Elm Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2017
Junior Kylie Towbin finished first in the platform with a score of 270.05, setting a UVA record...
Virginia Diving Finishes Second Day of Frank Elm Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s diving teams concluded the second day of competition...
- Online Stores