Four student-athletes named for third time
Johnson and Towbin punch first tickets to national meet
Senior diver places fifth to qualify for national meet
Kaeser, Smith named swimmers of the week, Corbett named diver of the week
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
1m Diving: 301.42 (UVA record)
3m Diving: 351.70 (UVA Record)
Platform Diving: 265.70 (UVA record)
• Became first Virginia women's diver to qualify for two NCAA Championships
• Placed 22nd on 3-meter, 28th on 1-meter and 34th on platform at NCAA Championships
• Won 3-meter at NCAA Zone Diving Championships
• Earned All-ACC honors with third-place finish on 3-meter at ACC Championships
• Also finished eighth on platform and 22nd on 1-meter at ACCs
• Set school record on 3-meter (351.70) at ACCs
• Won 1-meter and 3-meter at UGA Fall Invitational
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Became the first Virginia women's diver to qualify for the NCAA Championships after finishing fifth on 1- and 3-meter at the NCAA Zone Championships
• Also finished fourth on platform at Zones
• Set a Virginia record on platform (265.70) at Zones
• Placed 12th on 1-meter and 13th on platform at ACCs
• Won 3-meter against Virginia Tech
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Set the UVa record on platform with a score of 248.05 at ACCs, good enough for 12th place
• Finished 21st on 3-meter and 27th on a 1-meter at ACCs
• Placed sixth on platform, 14th on 3-meter and 31st on 1-meter at the NCAA Zone A Championships
• Picked up four dual-meet wins (2x 1m, 2x 3m)
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Set the Virginia record on the 1-meter springboards with a score of 301.42 against Navy
• Finished fifth on the platform, seventh on the 1m and 23rd on the 3m at NCAA Zones
• Placed eighth on the 3m boards and 10th on the platform at ACCs
• Also finished 17th on the 1m boards at ACCs
• Picked up four dual-meet wins (3x 1-meter, 1x 3-meter)
• Won the Kentucky state championship in 2012
• Finished third at state meet three times (2009-11)
• Three-time All-American
• Finished ninth on the platform at the 2011 Junior National Diving Championships
• Also placed 23rd on the 3-meter and 32nd on the 1-meter at Junior Nationals
• Won the 1-meter event and took second in the 3-meter event at the 2011 USA Diving Summer Junior Region 3 Championships
• Named Sacred Heart Academy's Athlete of the Year in 2012
• Member of the National Honor Society and National Spanish Honor Society
• Daughter of Susan and Mark Corbett
• Has a sister, Mary Beth, who dove at Stanford
• Has a brother, Daniel, who plays basketball at Johns Hopkins
• Coached by Mike Zender at Cardinal Dive Club
• Dove under Jim Luebbe at Sacred Heart Academy
'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Swimming and Diving Announces 2016-17 Schedule
Swimming & Diving | 9/13/2016
Virginia swimming and diving head coach Augie Busch announced the Cavaliers’ 2016-17...
Trio of Cavaliers Named Preseason All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 9/12/2016
A trio of Virginia swimming seniors, Kaitlyn Jones, Laura Simon and Leah Smith, have been named...
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/07/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
- Online Stores