Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia had eight women and two men recognized
Cavaliers capture three event wins on final night
Corbett breaks school record in women's 3-meter diving
Cavaliers break three school records Sunday
NCAA All-American (3)
2013: 200 Free Relay (HM),400 Free Relay (HM)
2012: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2012: 800 Free Relay
UVA Career Bests
50 Free: 23.35
100 Free: 50.45
200 Free: 1:48.08
100 Back: 53.23 (7th all-time at UVa)
200 Back: 1:54.82 (8th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 53.47 (9th all-time at UVa)
• Placed fourth in the 200 back in a career-best time of 1:54.82 at ACCs
• Finished 14th in the 100 back and 24th in the 100 fly at the conference meet
• Earned a career-best time in the 100 back (53.23) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Notched season-best marks in the 50 free (23.58) and 100 fly (54.49) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Won the 100 back (54.52) and 200 back (1:57.61) in season-best times at the Cavalier Invite
• Placed 12th in the 100 back, 13th in the 200 back, 19th in the 100 fly and 30th in the 50 freeat the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors, anchoring the 200-yard freestyle relay to a 15th-place finish and the 400 free relay to 16th place at NCAAs
• Placed sixth in the 100-yard butterfly and eighth in the 100-yard backstroke at ACCs
• Also won the consolation final to finish ninth in the 200 back in a career-best 1:55.57 at ACCs
• Posted career-best 100 back time of 53.57 and 100 fly time of 53.47 during prelims at ACCs
• Earned a career-best 23.35 in the 50 free in a time trial at the conference meet
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in the 100 free against Pitt
• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 freestyle and 200 freestyle
• Competed in the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke at her first NCAA Championships
• Member of Virginia's honorable mention All-America 800 freestyle relay team that finished ninth at NCAAs in 7:03.68
• Placed 55th in the 100 butterfly (55.03) and 58th in the 100 backstroke (55.28) at the national meet
• Swam on Virginia's ACC Championship 800 freestyle relay team that posted the second-fastest time in school history (7:03.56)
• Finished seventh in the 200 freestyle at the ACC Championships (1:48.66) with a lifetime best in the preliminaries (1:48.08)
• Also placed 14th in the 100 backstroke (55.34) and 15th in the 100 freestyle (50.84) out of the consolation finals at ACCs
• Her preliminary time of 54.73 in the 100 backstroke was also her fastest of the season
• Clocked a mark of 54.34 in the 100 butterfly during a time trial at ACCs
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Selected to ACC Honor Roll
• Swam with the Topeka Swim Association under Paul Monroe
• Won the 100 freestyle at the Kansas state championships, becoming the first in history to finish in under 50 seconds
• Also claimed the 200 freestyle at the state meet as a senior
• Named Swimmer of the Meet at 2011 Kansas State Championships
• State record holder in four events: 100 freestyle, 200 freestyle, 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke
• Twice named to the all-city team
• Four-time state champion
• Served as student council vice president for three years
• Treasurer of the National Honor Society
• Business manager of the school yearbook
• Participated in church youth group
• Volunteered with Topeka Mayor's Council, Topeka Youth Court and Local Heroes Swim Clinic
• Daughter of John and Brenda Dicus
• Has an older sister, Ellen, and a younger sister, Laura
• Enjoys working out and spending time with her family and friends
Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.Diakite Growing Into Larger RoleMen's Basketball11/29/16Redshirt freshman Mamadi Diakite is averaging 7.2 points and a team-high 2.6 blocks for No. 6 Virginia, which hosts Ohio State at JPJ on Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA to Compete at Georgia Fall Invitational This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2016
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams travel to Athens, Ga., this ...
Smith to Compete at FINA Short Course World Champs
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2016
Olympic gold medalist Leah Smith is set to represent the United States at the FINA Short Course...
Shelton Wins Platform Diving at NC State/GAC Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2016
Freshman Bryce Shelton won the men’s platform diving event as the Cavalier diving corps...
UVA Divers to Compete at NC State/GAC Invite Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2016
The Virginia diving corps will be in action Saturday (Nov. 19) at the NC State/GAC Invite in...
Leah Smith to be Honored on National Girls and Women in...
Swimming & Diving | 11/17/2016
Two-time Olympic Medalist and current Virginia swimmer Leah Smith will be honored on National...
Smith Aids Americans in USA College Challenge Win
Swimming & Diving | 11/13/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Leah Smith won three events and helped the American squad defeat an all-s...
UVA Sweeps Penn State, Cavalier Women Defeat Michigan
Swimming & Diving | 11/05/2016
The No. 6 Virginia women's swimming team defeated No. 1 Michigan and Penn State Saturday, while...
Virginia Wins Nine Events Against Michigan and Penn State
Swimming & Diving | 11/04/2016
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams won nine events against Michigan and...
- Online Stores