Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia had eight women and two men recognized
Cavaliers capture three event wins on final night
Corbett breaks school record in women's 3-meter diving
Cavaliers break three school records Sunday
NCAA All-American (3)
2013: 200 Free Relay (HM),400 Free Relay (HM)
2012: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2012: 800 Free Relay
UVA Career Bests
50 Free: 23.35
100 Free: 50.45
200 Free: 1:48.08
100 Back: 53.23 (7th all-time at UVa)
200 Back: 1:54.82 (8th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 53.47 (9th all-time at UVa)
• Placed fourth in the 200 back in a career-best time of 1:54.82 at ACCs
• Finished 14th in the 100 back and 24th in the 100 fly at the conference meet
• Earned a career-best time in the 100 back (53.23) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Notched season-best marks in the 50 free (23.58) and 100 fly (54.49) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Won the 100 back (54.52) and 200 back (1:57.61) in season-best times at the Cavalier Invite
• Placed 12th in the 100 back, 13th in the 200 back, 19th in the 100 fly and 30th in the 50 freeat the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors, anchoring the 200-yard freestyle relay to a 15th-place finish and the 400 free relay to 16th place at NCAAs
• Placed sixth in the 100-yard butterfly and eighth in the 100-yard backstroke at ACCs
• Also won the consolation final to finish ninth in the 200 back in a career-best 1:55.57 at ACCs
• Posted career-best 100 back time of 53.57 and 100 fly time of 53.47 during prelims at ACCs
• Earned a career-best 23.35 in the 50 free in a time trial at the conference meet
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in the 100 free against Pitt
• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 freestyle and 200 freestyle
• Competed in the 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke at her first NCAA Championships
• Member of Virginia's honorable mention All-America 800 freestyle relay team that finished ninth at NCAAs in 7:03.68
• Placed 55th in the 100 butterfly (55.03) and 58th in the 100 backstroke (55.28) at the national meet
• Swam on Virginia's ACC Championship 800 freestyle relay team that posted the second-fastest time in school history (7:03.56)
• Finished seventh in the 200 freestyle at the ACC Championships (1:48.66) with a lifetime best in the preliminaries (1:48.08)
• Also placed 14th in the 100 backstroke (55.34) and 15th in the 100 freestyle (50.84) out of the consolation finals at ACCs
• Her preliminary time of 54.73 in the 100 backstroke was also her fastest of the season
• Clocked a mark of 54.34 in the 100 butterfly during a time trial at ACCs
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Selected to ACC Honor Roll
• Swam with the Topeka Swim Association under Paul Monroe
• Won the 100 freestyle at the Kansas state championships, becoming the first in history to finish in under 50 seconds
• Also claimed the 200 freestyle at the state meet as a senior
• Named Swimmer of the Meet at 2011 Kansas State Championships
• State record holder in four events: 100 freestyle, 200 freestyle, 100 butterfly and 100 backstroke
• Twice named to the all-city team
• Four-time state champion
• Served as student council vice president for three years
• Treasurer of the National Honor Society
• Business manager of the school yearbook
• Participated in church youth group
• Volunteered with Topeka Mayor's Council, Topeka Youth Court and Local Heroes Swim Clinic
• Daughter of John and Brenda Dicus
• Has an older sister, Ellen, and a younger sister, Laura
• Enjoys working out and spending time with her family and friends
Graduate Transfers Bolster Offensive LineFootball7/18/17Graduate transfers John Montelus and Brandon Pertile will compete for starting jobs on the offensive line when UVA opens training camp late this month.'Hoos Hope to Build Momentum EarlyFootball7/15/17Four of Virginia's first five football games this season will be at Scott Stadium.Landmark Day Arrives for UVA SquashSquash6/30/17With the addition of men's and women's squash, Virginia now sponsors 27 varsity sports.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Augie Busch Accepts Head Coaching Position at Arizona
Swimming & Diving | 7/8/2017
Virginia announced today head men's and women's swimming and diving coach Busch is leaving to...
Smith Captures National Title in 1500m Freestyle
Swimming & Diving | 7/1/2017
Leah Smith (Class of 2017) captured the national title in the 1500m freestyle on Saturday,...
Smith Qualifies for World Championships in Third Event
Swimming & Diving | 6/30/2017
Smith finished second in the 400m freestyle at the Phillips 66 National Championships and World ...
Leah Smith Adds 400m Individual Medley to World Championships
Swimming & Diving | 6/29/2017
Leah Smith qualified her second event of the week on Thursday, the 400m individual medley.
Leah Smith Qualifies for World Championships
Swimming & Diving | 6/28/2017
Leah Smith recorded a 2017 World Championships qualifying swim on Wednesday.
UVA Swimmers compete in Phillips 66 Nationals
Swimming & Diving | 6/26/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams will send 15 student-athletes to the...
Casey Concludes U.S. Swimming Open Water National Championships
Swimming & Diving | 05/21/2017
Redshirt sophomore Brendan Casey (Santa Monica, Calif.) concluded the U.S. Swimming Open Water...
Casey Finishes Second at the U.S. Swimming Open Water...
Swimming & Diving | 05/19/2017
Redshirt sophomore Brendan Casey (Santa Monica, Calif.) finished second at the U.S. Swimming Open...
- Online Stores