Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three Cavaliers earn honorable mention All-America honors
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 44.64
100 Back: 46.06 (UVa school record)
200 Back: 1:43.06 (7th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 47.51 (10th all-time at UVa)
• Did not compete
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fourth in the 100 back and fifth in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record in the 100 back (46.06) in the prelims at ACCs
• Part of the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that posted the second-fastest UVa mark all-time at ACCs
• Anchored the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that finished with the fourth-fastest time in UVa history
• Qualified as individual for the NCAA Championships for the first time
• Placed 26th in the 100 back and 36th in the 200 back at NCAAs
• Finished eighth in the 100 back, 10th in the 100 fly and 19th in the 50 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Picked up a win in the 200 back against Pitt and the 100 fly against Duke
• Placed eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 14th in the 200 back at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (48.62) and the 100-yard butterfly (49.84) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Notched a season-best time in the 200 back (1:47.22) at the same meet
• Placed third in the 200 back against Duke
• Placed 16th in the 100 back at ACCs
• Swam season-bests in the 100 back (49.09), 200 back (1:46.95), and 100 fly (49.90) at the conference meet
• Best dual meet finish was third in the 200 back against NC State
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke
• 11-time All-American
• Led Upper St. Clair to the 2011 Pennsylvania state title
• Twice won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also crowned the 2010 state champion in the 100 butterfly
• Finished sixth in 200 backstroke at 2010 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Placed seventh in the 100 butterfly and ninth in the 100 backstroke at the 2009 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Member of Athletes Taking Action
• National Honor Society member
• Son of Linda and Chester Dudzinski
• Has a younger brother, Ryan, and a younger sister, Brittany
• Enjoys watching Pittsburgh sports and traveling
• Intends to major in commerce
Selflessness Marks Cavaliers' Latest WinMen's Basketball1/19/17In its latest road victory, a 71-54 conquest of Boston College, No. 16 Virginia recorded assists on 22 of its 27 field goals Wednesday night.'Hoos Find Winning Formula on RoadMen's Basketball1/14/17Led by senior London Perrantes and junior Marial Shayok, No. 19 Virginia defeated ACC rival Clemson 77-73 at Littlejohn Coliseum on Saturday.Salt Carving Out Niche at UVAMen's Basketball1/13/17Jack Salt, a redshirt sophomore from New Zealand, starts at center for No. 19 Virginia, which plays Saturday at ACC rival Clemson.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Break Five Pool Records in Sweep at Duke
Swimming & Diving | 1/20/2017
The Virginia swimming and diving teams broke five pool records on the way to sweeping Duke Friday...
Virginia Travels to Duke, North Carolina This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 1/19/2017
The Virginia swimming and diving teams travel this weekend to face Duke on Friday and North...
Smith Named ACC Swimmer of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 1/17/2017
Virginia senior Leah Smith has been named the Atlantic Coast Conference Female Swimmer of the...
Virginia Sweeps Virginia Tech on Senior Day
Swimming & Diving | 1/14/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams swept Virginia Tech Saturday...
Cavaliers Win 13 Events on First Day against Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/13/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams won 13 of 20 events against ...
UVA Hosts Virginia Tech Friday and Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 1/12/2017
The national-ranked Virginia swimming and diving teams face off with in-state rival Virginia Tech...
Jeff White: Fong Helping Lead Cavaliers' Resurgence
Swimming & Diving | 01/10/2017
The UVA men's swimming & diving team, which hosts ACC rival Virginia Tech this weekend, is ranked...
Virginia Finishes Action at Tennessee Diving Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 01/05/2017
The Virginia diving corps finished action at the Tennessee Diving Invitational Thursday (Jan. 5) ...
- Online Stores