Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three Cavaliers earn honorable mention All-America honors
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 44.64
100 Back: 46.06 (UVa school record)
200 Back: 1:43.06 (7th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 47.51 (10th all-time at UVa)
• Did not compete
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fourth in the 100 back and fifth in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record in the 100 back (46.06) in the prelims at ACCs
• Part of the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that posted the second-fastest UVa mark all-time at ACCs
• Anchored the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that finished with the fourth-fastest time in UVa history
• Qualified as individual for the NCAA Championships for the first time
• Placed 26th in the 100 back and 36th in the 200 back at NCAAs
• Finished eighth in the 100 back, 10th in the 100 fly and 19th in the 50 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Picked up a win in the 200 back against Pitt and the 100 fly against Duke
• Placed eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 14th in the 200 back at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (48.62) and the 100-yard butterfly (49.84) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Notched a season-best time in the 200 back (1:47.22) at the same meet
• Placed third in the 200 back against Duke
• Placed 16th in the 100 back at ACCs
• Swam season-bests in the 100 back (49.09), 200 back (1:46.95), and 100 fly (49.90) at the conference meet
• Best dual meet finish was third in the 200 back against NC State
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke
• 11-time All-American
• Led Upper St. Clair to the 2011 Pennsylvania state title
• Twice won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also crowned the 2010 state champion in the 100 butterfly
• Finished sixth in 200 backstroke at 2010 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Placed seventh in the 100 butterfly and ninth in the 100 backstroke at the 2009 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Member of Athletes Taking Action
• National Honor Society member
• Son of Linda and Chester Dudzinski
• Has a younger brother, Ryan, and a younger sister, Brittany
• Enjoys watching Pittsburgh sports and traveling
• Intends to major in commerce
Ellis Rewarded for Relentless DriveFootball8/31/16Redshirt sophomore Jordan Ellis was his teammates' choice as the player most deserving of the No. 1 pick in the selection of jersey numbers.'Hoos Eager to Take First StepFootball8/29/16At 3:30 p.m. Saturday, against Richmond at Scott Stadium, Bronco Mendenhall makes his debut as Virginia's head football coach.Change Marks New Era at Scott StadiumFootball8/28/16University of Virginia football fans will notice many changes in the team's first season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/7/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/6/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
Cavalier Olympic Central
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
Jeff White: Cavalier Standouts Ready for Rio
Swimming & Diving | 08/04/2016
Of the nearly 20 representatives from UVA at the Olympic Games in Brazil, two are undergraduates:...
- Online Stores