Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three Cavaliers earn honorable mention All-America honors
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 44.64
100 Back: 46.06 (UVa school record)
200 Back: 1:43.06 (7th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 47.51 (10th all-time at UVa)
• Did not compete
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fourth in the 100 back and fifth in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record in the 100 back (46.06) in the prelims at ACCs
• Part of the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that posted the second-fastest UVa mark all-time at ACCs
• Anchored the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that finished with the fourth-fastest time in UVa history
• Qualified as individual for the NCAA Championships for the first time
• Placed 26th in the 100 back and 36th in the 200 back at NCAAs
• Finished eighth in the 100 back, 10th in the 100 fly and 19th in the 50 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Picked up a win in the 200 back against Pitt and the 100 fly against Duke
• Placed eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 14th in the 200 back at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (48.62) and the 100-yard butterfly (49.84) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Notched a season-best time in the 200 back (1:47.22) at the same meet
• Placed third in the 200 back against Duke
• Placed 16th in the 100 back at ACCs
• Swam season-bests in the 100 back (49.09), 200 back (1:46.95), and 100 fly (49.90) at the conference meet
• Best dual meet finish was third in the 200 back against NC State
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke
• 11-time All-American
• Led Upper St. Clair to the 2011 Pennsylvania state title
• Twice won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also crowned the 2010 state champion in the 100 butterfly
• Finished sixth in 200 backstroke at 2010 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Placed seventh in the 100 butterfly and ninth in the 100 backstroke at the 2009 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Member of Athletes Taking Action
• National Honor Society member
• Son of Linda and Chester Dudzinski
• Has a younger brother, Ryan, and a younger sister, Brittany
• Enjoys watching Pittsburgh sports and traveling
• Intends to major in commerce
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Concludes NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/25/2017
The Virginia men’s swim team concluded competition at the NCAA Swimming and Diving...
Schubert Lands on UVA Top-Times List
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2017
Day three of the NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships concluded on Friday (March 24...
UVA Concludes Day Two of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2017
Virginia completed day two of the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships on Thursday (March 23)...
Cavaliers Begin NCAA Championships Competition
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2017
Virginia opened the 2017 NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships by competing in the...
Men Prepare for NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2017
The No. 14th-ranked Virginia men’s swim team begin their competition at the NCAA Division I...
Virginia Adds Two Medals to Meet
Swimming & Diving | 3/18/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia finish the last night of the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
Simon Earns Bronze with New School Record
Swimming & Diving | 03/17/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia added another top swim to the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
Smith Secures Silver in 500-Yard Freestyle
Swimming & Diving | 03/16/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— The University of Virginia finished day two of the NCAA Division I...
- Online Stores