Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three Cavaliers earn honorable mention All-America honors
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 44.64
100 Back: 46.06 (UVa school record)
200 Back: 1:43.06 (7th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 47.51 (10th all-time at UVa)
• Did not compete
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fourth in the 100 back and fifth in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record in the 100 back (46.06) in the prelims at ACCs
• Part of the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that posted the second-fastest UVa mark all-time at ACCs
• Anchored the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that finished with the fourth-fastest time in UVa history
• Qualified as individual for the NCAA Championships for the first time
• Placed 26th in the 100 back and 36th in the 200 back at NCAAs
• Finished eighth in the 100 back, 10th in the 100 fly and 19th in the 50 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Picked up a win in the 200 back against Pitt and the 100 fly against Duke
• Placed eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 14th in the 200 back at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (48.62) and the 100-yard butterfly (49.84) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Notched a season-best time in the 200 back (1:47.22) at the same meet
• Placed third in the 200 back against Duke
• Placed 16th in the 100 back at ACCs
• Swam season-bests in the 100 back (49.09), 200 back (1:46.95), and 100 fly (49.90) at the conference meet
• Best dual meet finish was third in the 200 back against NC State
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke
• 11-time All-American
• Led Upper St. Clair to the 2011 Pennsylvania state title
• Twice won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also crowned the 2010 state champion in the 100 butterfly
• Finished sixth in 200 backstroke at 2010 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Placed seventh in the 100 butterfly and ninth in the 100 backstroke at the 2009 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Member of Athletes Taking Action
• National Honor Society member
• Son of Linda and Chester Dudzinski
• Has a younger brother, Ryan, and a younger sister, Brittany
• Enjoys watching Pittsburgh sports and traveling
• Intends to major in commerce
Cavalier Football NotebookFootball7/27/16The start of training camp is approaching for UVA's football team, which opens the season Sept. 3 against Richmond at Scott Stadium.Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Kaeser to Represent Swiss in Swimming at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 7/15/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser has been selected to represent his native...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Rio Olympics in 800m Free
Swimming & Diving | 7/2/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith qualified for the Rio Olympics in the women’s 800...
Leah Smith Officially Punches Ticket to Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 6/29/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith officially punched her ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Olympic Games in 400m Free
Swimming & Diving | 6/27/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith finished second in the women's 400-meter freestyle at the U.S. ...
Cavalier Swimmers Head to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 6/23/2016
A total of 34 swimmers with ties to Virginia are set to compete at the upcoming U.S. Olympic Team...
Twelve Cavaliers Named CSCAA Scholar All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 6/22/2016
Twelve members of the Virginia swimming and diving program have been honored by the CSCAA as 2016...
Smith Wins Three Events at Arena Pro Series in Indy
Swimming & Diving | 06/06/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith won three events at the Arena Pro Swim Series in Indianapolis, ...
Buergler Named to CoSIDA Academic All-District Team
Swimming & Diving | 05/12/2016
Virginia senior diver Carl Buergler has been named to the College Sports Information Directors of...
- Online Stores