Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Four student-athletes named for third time
Adams, Chaney, Doniak and Durmer honored with Weaver-James-Corrigan Award
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
1000 Free: 9:53.27
1650 Free: 16:16.08
200 IM: 1:57.98
400 IM: 4:11.19 (8th all-time at UVa)
• Finished seventh in 200- and 400-yard individual medley at ACC Championships
• Placed ninth in 1,650 free at ACCs
• Set season-best times in 1,650 free (16:20.98), 200 IM (1:58.71) and 400 IM (4:14.24) at ACCs
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Honored with the Jettie Hill Memorial Award for being the female fourth-year student-athlete with the highest scholastic average at UVA
• Awarded ACC Postgraduate Scholarship
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished 11th in the 1,650 free and 16th in the 200 IM and 400 IM at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 1,650 free (16:27.90), 200 IM (1:57.98) and 400 IM (4:14.17) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fourth in the 400 IM, sixth in the 200 IM and eighth in the 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished 24th in a career-best 16:16.08 in the 1,650 free at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 31st in the 400 IM and 35th in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Touched third in the 400 IM, eighth in the 200 IM and 11th in the mile at the Ohio State Invite
• Her 400 IM time of 4:11.19 at the OSU Invite was a career-best
• Won the 200 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Honored as a CSCAA Scholar All-American
• Placed fourth in both the 200-yard individual medley and 400 IM at ACCs
• Also touched seventh in the 1,650-yard freestyle at the conference meet
• Finished 24th in the 400 IM and 31st in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Time of 4:12.82 in the 400 IM at NCAAs was a season-best mark
• Set season-best times in the 200 IM (1:57.98) and 1,650 free (16:32.39) at ACCs
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in the 1,000 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Four-time Georgia state champion (3x - 200 IM, 1x - 500 free)
• Won 400m IM and 200m IM at USA Swimming Sectionals in 2012
• Team captain her junior and senior seasons
• Named MVP of St. Pius X Catholic all four years
• Earned numerous department awards during senior year including marine biology, calculus, statistics and theology
• Honored with physics department award in 2011 and English department award in 2010
• Set the USA National age group record in 800 free relay in 2008
• Daughter of Anna Janss and Jeffrey Durmer
• Has a sister, Julia, and a brother, Jeffrey
• Mother, Anna, swam at Notre Dame
• Father, Jeffrey, played football, baseball and rowed at Trinity College
Hall Continues to Elevate His GameMen's Basketball12/16/17On an afternoon when fellow guards Nigel Johnson and Kyle Guy also shined for No. 16 Virginia, Devon Hall scored a career-high 20 points and added five rebounds and five assists.Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Cooper Thriving Under New Staff
Swimming & Diving | 12/12/2017
A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record...
Fong Named ACC Swimmer of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 12/5/2017
Junior Zach Fong (Moorestown, N.J.) was named ACC Men’s Swimmer of the Week as announced by...
Virginia Concludes UGA Fall Invite with Two School Records
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams concluded the final day of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Concludes Second Day at Georgia Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2017
The women’s team concluded the day in fourth place (389.5 points), while the men’s...
Cooper Records UVA Record on Day One of UGA Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams completed day one of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Competes at Georgia Fall Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2017
The Virginia will compete at the Georgia Fall Invitational this weekend (Dec. 1-3) in Athens, Ga....
Virginia Diving Concludes Frank Elm Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2017
Junior Kylie Towbin finished first in the platform with a score of 270.05, setting a UVA record...
Virginia Diving Finishes Second Day of Frank Elm Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s diving teams concluded the second day of competition...
- Online Stores