Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Four student-athletes named for third time
Adams, Chaney, Doniak and Durmer honored with Weaver-James-Corrigan Award
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
1000 Free: 9:53.27
1650 Free: 16:16.08
200 IM: 1:57.98
400 IM: 4:11.19 (8th all-time at UVa)
• Finished seventh in 200- and 400-yard individual medley at ACC Championships
• Placed ninth in 1,650 free at ACCs
• Set season-best times in 1,650 free (16:20.98), 200 IM (1:58.71) and 400 IM (4:14.24) at ACCs
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Honored with the Jettie Hill Memorial Award for being the female fourth-year student-athlete with the highest scholastic average at UVA
• Awarded ACC Postgraduate Scholarship
• Finished 11th in the 1,650 free and 16th in the 200 IM and 400 IM at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 1,650 free (16:27.90), 200 IM (1:57.98) and 400 IM (4:14.17) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fourth in the 400 IM, sixth in the 200 IM and eighth in the 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished 24th in a career-best 16:16.08 in the 1,650 free at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 31st in the 400 IM and 35th in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Touched third in the 400 IM, eighth in the 200 IM and 11th in the mile at the Ohio State Invite
• Her 400 IM time of 4:11.19 at the OSU Invite was a career-best
• Won the 200 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Honored as a CSCAA Scholar All-American
• Placed fourth in both the 200-yard individual medley and 400 IM at ACCs
• Also touched seventh in the 1,650-yard freestyle at the conference meet
• Finished 24th in the 400 IM and 31st in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Time of 4:12.82 in the 400 IM at NCAAs was a season-best mark
• Set season-best times in the 200 IM (1:57.98) and 1,650 free (16:32.39) at ACCs
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in the 1,000 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Four-time Georgia state champion (3x - 200 IM, 1x - 500 free)
• Won 400m IM and 200m IM at USA Swimming Sectionals in 2012
• Team captain her junior and senior seasons
• Named MVP of St. Pius X Catholic all four years
• Earned numerous department awards during senior year including marine biology, calculus, statistics and theology
• Honored with physics department award in 2011 and English department award in 2010
• Set the USA National age group record in 800 free relay in 2008
• Daughter of Anna Janss and Jeffrey Durmer
• Has a sister, Julia, and a brother, Jeffrey
• Mother, Anna, swam at Notre Dame
• Father, Jeffrey, played football, baseball and rowed at Trinity College
Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVAMen's Basketball7/15/16The Virginia men's basketball team's freshman class includes De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward from Philadelphia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Kaeser to Represent Swiss in Swimming at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 7/15/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser has been selected to represent his native...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Rio Olympics in 800m Free
Swimming & Diving | 7/2/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith qualified for the Rio Olympics in the women’s 800...
Leah Smith Officially Punches Ticket to Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 6/29/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith officially punched her ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Olympic Games in 400m Free
Swimming & Diving | 6/27/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith finished second in the women's 400-meter freestyle at the U.S. ...
Cavalier Swimmers Head to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 6/23/2016
A total of 34 swimmers with ties to Virginia are set to compete at the upcoming U.S. Olympic Team...
Twelve Cavaliers Named CSCAA Scholar All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 6/22/2016
Twelve members of the Virginia swimming and diving program have been honored by the CSCAA as 2016...
Smith Wins Three Events at Arena Pro Series in Indy
Swimming & Diving | 06/06/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith won three events at the Arena Pro Swim Series in Indianapolis, ...
Buergler Named to CoSIDA Academic All-District Team
Swimming & Diving | 05/12/2016
Virginia senior diver Carl Buergler has been named to the College Sports Information Directors of...
- Online Stores