Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Four student-athletes named for third time
Adams, Chaney, Doniak and Durmer honored with Weaver-James-Corrigan Award
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
1000 Free: 9:53.27
1650 Free: 16:16.08
200 IM: 1:57.98
400 IM: 4:11.19 (8th all-time at UVa)
• Finished seventh in 200- and 400-yard individual medley at ACC Championships
• Placed ninth in 1,650 free at ACCs
• Set season-best times in 1,650 free (16:20.98), 200 IM (1:58.71) and 400 IM (4:14.24) at ACCs
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Honored with the Jettie Hill Memorial Award for being the female fourth-year student-athlete with the highest scholastic average at UVA
• Awarded ACC Postgraduate Scholarship
• Finished 11th in the 1,650 free and 16th in the 200 IM and 400 IM at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 1,650 free (16:27.90), 200 IM (1:57.98) and 400 IM (4:14.17) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fourth in the 400 IM, sixth in the 200 IM and eighth in the 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished 24th in a career-best 16:16.08 in the 1,650 free at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 31st in the 400 IM and 35th in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Touched third in the 400 IM, eighth in the 200 IM and 11th in the mile at the Ohio State Invite
• Her 400 IM time of 4:11.19 at the OSU Invite was a career-best
• Won the 200 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Honored as a CSCAA Scholar All-American
• Placed fourth in both the 200-yard individual medley and 400 IM at ACCs
• Also touched seventh in the 1,650-yard freestyle at the conference meet
• Finished 24th in the 400 IM and 31st in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Time of 4:12.82 in the 400 IM at NCAAs was a season-best mark
• Set season-best times in the 200 IM (1:57.98) and 1,650 free (16:32.39) at ACCs
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in the 1,000 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Four-time Georgia state champion (3x - 200 IM, 1x - 500 free)
• Won 400m IM and 200m IM at USA Swimming Sectionals in 2012
• Team captain her junior and senior seasons
• Named MVP of St. Pius X Catholic all four years
• Earned numerous department awards during senior year including marine biology, calculus, statistics and theology
• Honored with physics department award in 2011 and English department award in 2010
• Set the USA National age group record in 800 free relay in 2008
• Daughter of Anna Janss and Jeffrey Durmer
• Has a sister, Julia, and a brother, Jeffrey
• Mother, Anna, swam at Notre Dame
• Father, Jeffrey, played football, baseball and rowed at Trinity College
Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' BondMen's Basketball8/20/16The Virginia men's basketball team made strides on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain this month.'Hoos Heading Home On High NoteMen's Basketball8/17/16On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars 85-49. Four players scored in double figures for the Cavaliers.Hall Eager To Take On Larger RoleMen's Basketball8/16/16Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility remaining for the UVA men's basketball team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/7/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/6/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
Cavalier Olympic Central
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
Jeff White: Cavalier Standouts Ready for Rio
Swimming & Diving | 08/04/2016
Of the nearly 20 representatives from UVA at the Olympic Games in Brazil, two are undergraduates:...
- Online Stores