Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Four student-athletes named for third time
Adams, Chaney, Doniak and Durmer honored with Weaver-James-Corrigan Award
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
1000 Free: 9:53.27
1650 Free: 16:16.08
200 IM: 1:57.98
400 IM: 4:11.19 (8th all-time at UVa)
• Finished seventh in 200- and 400-yard individual medley at ACC Championships
• Placed ninth in 1,650 free at ACCs
• Set season-best times in 1,650 free (16:20.98), 200 IM (1:58.71) and 400 IM (4:14.24) at ACCs
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Honored with the Jettie Hill Memorial Award for being the female fourth-year student-athlete with the highest scholastic average at UVA
• Awarded ACC Postgraduate Scholarship
• Finished 11th in the 1,650 free and 16th in the 200 IM and 400 IM at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 1,650 free (16:27.90), 200 IM (1:57.98) and 400 IM (4:14.17) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fourth in the 400 IM, sixth in the 200 IM and eighth in the 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished 24th in a career-best 16:16.08 in the 1,650 free at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 31st in the 400 IM and 35th in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Touched third in the 400 IM, eighth in the 200 IM and 11th in the mile at the Ohio State Invite
• Her 400 IM time of 4:11.19 at the OSU Invite was a career-best
• Won the 200 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Honored as a CSCAA Scholar All-American
• Placed fourth in both the 200-yard individual medley and 400 IM at ACCs
• Also touched seventh in the 1,650-yard freestyle at the conference meet
• Finished 24th in the 400 IM and 31st in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Time of 4:12.82 in the 400 IM at NCAAs was a season-best mark
• Set season-best times in the 200 IM (1:57.98) and 1,650 free (16:32.39) at ACCs
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in the 1,000 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Four-time Georgia state champion (3x - 200 IM, 1x - 500 free)
• Won 400m IM and 200m IM at USA Swimming Sectionals in 2012
• Team captain her junior and senior seasons
• Named MVP of St. Pius X Catholic all four years
• Earned numerous department awards during senior year including marine biology, calculus, statistics and theology
• Honored with physics department award in 2011 and English department award in 2010
• Set the USA National age group record in 800 free relay in 2008
• Daughter of Anna Janss and Jeffrey Durmer
• Has a sister, Julia, and a brother, Jeffrey
• Mother, Anna, swam at Notre Dame
• Father, Jeffrey, played football, baseball and rowed at Trinity College
'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Breaks Three School Marks on Second Day at UGA
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2016
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams broke three school records on the second...
UVA Hits Four NCAA Auto Marks on First Day in Georgia
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2016
Four automatic NCAA-qualifying times highlighted the Virginia men’s and women’s...
UVA to Compete at Georgia Fall Invitational This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2016
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams travel to Athens, Ga., this ...
Smith to Compete at FINA Short Course World Champs
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2016
Olympic gold medalist Leah Smith is set to represent the United States at the FINA Short Course...
Shelton Wins Platform Diving at NC State/GAC Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2016
Freshman Bryce Shelton won the men’s platform diving event as the Cavalier diving corps...
UVA Divers to Compete at NC State/GAC Invite Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2016
The Virginia diving corps will be in action Saturday (Nov. 19) at the NC State/GAC Invite in...
Leah Smith to be Honored on National Girls and Women in...
Swimming & Diving | 11/17/2016
Two-time Olympic Medalist and current Virginia swimmer Leah Smith will be honored on National...
Smith Aids Americans in USA College Challenge Win
Swimming & Diving | 11/13/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Leah Smith won three events and helped the American squad defeat an all-s...
- Online Stores