Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavalier women, Hokie men post victories
Virginia Career Bests
100 Breast: 54.98
200 Breast: 1:57.66 (10th all-time at UVa)
200 IM: 1:54.33
• Finished 16th in the 200-yard breaststroke at ACC Championships
• Recorded season-best 200 breast (1:58.89) at ACCs
• Set season-best marks in 100 breast (55.66) and 200 IM (1:56.75) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed 21st in the 200 breast at ACCs
• Earned career-best times in the 100 breast (54.98), 200 breast (1:57.66) and 200 IM (1:54.33) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized with the team's Coaches Award for Excellence
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed second in the 100 breast and third in the 200 breast at the Cavalier Invite
• Posted a career-best mark in the 100 breast (55.34) at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 200 breast and 13th in the 100 breast at the Ohio State Invite
• Swam a career-best 200 breat (2:00.22) at the OSU Invite
• Placed second in the 100-yard breaststroke and 200 breast at the Cavalier Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 100 breast (56.16) and 200 breast (2:01.35) in the finals at the Cavalier Invite
• Three-time Connecticut State Open Champion in 100y breaststroke
• Earned All-State honors all four years at Amity Regional High School
• Two-time New Haven RegisterMVP
• Named Amity Regional's Male Athlete of the Year his senior year
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Named a Southern Connecticut Conference Scholar Athlete four times
• Served as team captain of Amity Regional his junior and senior years
• Named team's MVP his junior and senior seasons
• Member of the National Honor Society
• A Connecticut Academic Performance Test (CAPT) Scholar
• Son of Maryellen and Raymond Holden
• Has two sisters, Rachel and Katherine
• Eric and his sisters are triplets that were born at UVa Hospital
• Swam for Todd Rainey at Amity Regional High School
• Coached by Matt Hurst at SoNoCo Swim Club
Spring Football NotebookFootball3/30/17On Virginia's rebuilt offensive line, Jake Fieler, who'll be a redshirt junior in the fall, is the new first-team center.Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Concludes NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/25/2017
The Virginia men’s swim team concluded competition at the NCAA Swimming and Diving...
Schubert Lands on UVA Top-Times List
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2017
Day three of the NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships concluded on Friday (March 24...
UVA Concludes Day Two of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2017
Virginia completed day two of the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships on Thursday (March 23)...
Cavaliers Begin NCAA Championships Competition
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2017
Virginia opened the 2017 NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships by competing in the...
Men Prepare for NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2017
The No. 14th-ranked Virginia men’s swim team begin their competition at the NCAA Division I...
Virginia Adds Two Medals to Meet
Swimming & Diving | 3/18/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia finish the last night of the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
Simon Earns Bronze with New School Record
Swimming & Diving | 03/17/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia added another top swim to the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
Smith Secures Silver in 500-Yard Freestyle
Swimming & Diving | 03/16/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— The University of Virginia finished day two of the NCAA Division I...
- Online Stores