Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavalier women, Hokie men post victories
Virginia Career Bests
100 Breast: 54.98
200 Breast: 1:57.66 (10th all-time at UVa)
200 IM: 1:54.33
• Finished 16th in the 200-yard breaststroke at ACC Championships
• Recorded season-best 200 breast (1:58.89) at ACCs
• Set season-best marks in 100 breast (55.66) and 200 IM (1:56.75) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Placed 21st in the 200 breast at ACCs
• Earned career-best times in the 100 breast (54.98), 200 breast (1:57.66) and 200 IM (1:54.33) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized with the team's Coaches Award for Excellence
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed second in the 100 breast and third in the 200 breast at the Cavalier Invite
• Posted a career-best mark in the 100 breast (55.34) at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 200 breast and 13th in the 100 breast at the Ohio State Invite
• Swam a career-best 200 breat (2:00.22) at the OSU Invite
• Placed second in the 100-yard breaststroke and 200 breast at the Cavalier Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 100 breast (56.16) and 200 breast (2:01.35) in the finals at the Cavalier Invite
• Three-time Connecticut State Open Champion in 100y breaststroke
• Earned All-State honors all four years at Amity Regional High School
• Two-time New Haven RegisterMVP
• Named Amity Regional's Male Athlete of the Year his senior year
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Named a Southern Connecticut Conference Scholar Athlete four times
• Served as team captain of Amity Regional his junior and senior years
• Named team's MVP his junior and senior seasons
• Member of the National Honor Society
• A Connecticut Academic Performance Test (CAPT) Scholar
• Son of Maryellen and Raymond Holden
• Has two sisters, Rachel and Katherine
• Eric and his sisters are triplets that were born at UVa Hospital
• Swam for Todd Rainey at Amity Regional High School
• Coached by Matt Hurst at SoNoCo Swim Club
Cavalier Football Notebook: UNC WeekFootball10/21/16At 3 p.m. Saturday, UVA (2-4, 1-1) hosts Coastal Division rival North Carolina (5-2, 3-1) in an ACC football game at Scott Stadium.Lucas Playing Key Role in TurnaroundField Hockey10/20/16Carrera Lucas' play at goalkeeper has helped No.9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 Louisville on Friday night, win seven of its past eight games.Media Day NotebookMen's Basketball10/18/16Virginia, which advanced to the NCAA tournament's Elite Eight in 2015-16, opens the season Nov. 11 against UNC Greensboro at the Greensboro Coliseum.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Opens 2016-17 Season Against Pitt Friday
Swimming & Diving | 10/20/2016
The Virginia swimming and diving teams are set to open the 2016-17 season against Pitt in a dual ...
Virginia Swimming and Diving Announces 2016-17 Schedule
Swimming & Diving | 9/13/2016
Virginia swimming and diving head coach Augie Busch announced the Cavaliers’ 2016-17...
Trio of Cavaliers Named Preseason All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 9/12/2016
A trio of Virginia swimming seniors, Kaitlyn Jones, Laura Simon and Leah Smith, have been named...
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 08/09/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/07/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
- Online Stores