Virginia wins three events
Women's ACC Championships start Wednesday
Action continues Saturday at the AFC
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 24.04
100 Fly: 54.43
200 Fly: 2:00.02
• Posted season-best times in the 100 fly (54.76) and 200 fly (2:01.69) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 200 fly at the Cavalier Invite in a season-best time of 1:59.46
• Placed second in the 100 fly and 10th in the 50 free
• Swam season-best times in the 50 free (24.04) and 100 fly (54.43) at the Cav Invite
• Finished 15th in the 100 fly and 16th in the 200 fly at the Ohio State Invite
• U.S. Olympic Trials qualifier in 100m and 200m butterfly
• 13-time Niagara District record holder
• Three-time Scholastic All-American
• Member of the National Honor Society
• 2012 National Society of High School Scholars member
• Team captain of Lansing Cats under coaches Reed Dewey and Robert Terry
• Daughter of Julie and Bruce McElfresh
• Has an older sister, Kelleyanne, and a younger brother, Ryan
Cavalier Football NotebookFootball7/27/16The start of training camp is approaching for UVA's football team, which opens the season Sept. 3 against Richmond at Scott Stadium.Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Kaeser to Represent Swiss in Swimming at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 7/15/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser has been selected to represent his native...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Rio Olympics in 800m Free
Swimming & Diving | 7/2/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith qualified for the Rio Olympics in the women’s 800...
Leah Smith Officially Punches Ticket to Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 6/29/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith officially punched her ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Olympic Games in 400m Free
Swimming & Diving | 6/27/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith finished second in the women's 400-meter freestyle at the U.S. ...
Cavalier Swimmers Head to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 6/23/2016
A total of 34 swimmers with ties to Virginia are set to compete at the upcoming U.S. Olympic Team...
Twelve Cavaliers Named CSCAA Scholar All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 6/22/2016
Twelve members of the Virginia swimming and diving program have been honored by the CSCAA as 2016...
Smith Wins Three Events at Arena Pro Series in Indy
Swimming & Diving | 06/06/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith won three events at the Arena Pro Swim Series in Indianapolis, ...
Buergler Named to CoSIDA Academic All-District Team
Swimming & Diving | 05/12/2016
Virginia senior diver Carl Buergler has been named to the College Sports Information Directors of...
- Online Stores