Virginia wins three events
Women's ACC Championships start Wednesday
Action continues Saturday at the AFC
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 24.04
100 Fly: 54.43
200 Fly: 2:00.02
• Posted season-best times in the 100 fly (54.76) and 200 fly (2:01.69) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 200 fly at the Cavalier Invite in a season-best time of 1:59.46
• Placed second in the 100 fly and 10th in the 50 free
• Swam season-best times in the 50 free (24.04) and 100 fly (54.43) at the Cav Invite
• Finished 15th in the 100 fly and 16th in the 200 fly at the Ohio State Invite
• U.S. Olympic Trials qualifier in 100m and 200m butterfly
• 13-time Niagara District record holder
• Three-time Scholastic All-American
• Member of the National Honor Society
• 2012 National Society of High School Scholars member
• Team captain of Lansing Cats under coaches Reed Dewey and Robert Terry
• Daughter of Julie and Bruce McElfresh
• Has an older sister, Kelleyanne, and a younger brother, Ryan
Changes Mark New Era at Scott StadiumFootball8/28/16University of Virginia football fans will notice many changes in the team's first season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall.Revamped Cavaliers Ready for New SeasonMen's Soccer8/26/16Newcomers abound for the Virginia men's soccer team, which opens the season Friday night against Coastal Carolina at Klöckner Stadium.Stearns Making Mark on UniversityWomen's Soccer8/25/16A four-year starter for the Virginia women's soccer team, Morgan Stearns hold the program record for career victories by a goalkeeper.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/7/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/6/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
Cavalier Olympic Central
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
Jeff White: Cavalier Standouts Ready for Rio
Swimming & Diving | 08/04/2016
Of the nearly 20 representatives from UVA at the Olympic Games in Brazil, two are undergraduates:...
- Online Stores