Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three divers qualify for Zone Championships
Meet concludes Sunday
Corbett places third on women's 3-meter
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
Platform: 238.40 (2nd all-time at UVa)
• Set season-best marks on 1-meter (273.53) and 3-meter (238.88) against Virginia Tech
• Earned a season-best 174.10 on platform at the Ohio State Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished sixth on platform, 12th on 3-meter and 13th on 1-meter at Ohio State Invite
• Earned a season-best mark of 277.50 against Navy
• Scored a season-best mark of 257.55 against Navy, placing third
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Broke the school record and finished fourth on the platform (238.40) at NCAA Zones
• Placed 17th on 3m and 24th on 1m at Zones
• Set a career-best mark of 290.35 on 3m against Wisconsin and Virginia Tech
• Posted a season-best mark of 257.55 on 1m with a dual-meet best finish of third against Navy
• Placed eighth on 1m and 13th on platform at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Qualified for the NCAA Zone Championships
• Placed eighth on the platform at the NCAA Zone A Champs
• Earned 16th on the 1-meter and 33rd on the 3-meter at Zones
• Finished second in 1-meter (273.53) against UNC in only meet of season
• Placed fifth in 3-meter (260.63) in same meet
• All-American in 2010 and 2011
• Three-time USA Diving Regional and Zone qualifier
• Two-time runner-up at the Virginia state championships
• Four-time district and regional finalist
• Three-time Virginia AAA state finalist
• 2011 district champion
• Two-time all-met honorable mention
• AAU national qualifier in 2008
• School record holder
• Served as team captain
• Member of National English Honor Society and National Honor Society
• Civic Seal Recipient
• Received Athletic Academic Honors
• Daughter of Richard and Mary Gartrell
• Has two older brothers, Richard and Robert
Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.Hazzard Aiming to Uphold Family TraditionTrack & Field, Cross Country12/11/17A freshman from Long Island, New York, Halle Hazzard is the younger sister of Payton Hazzard, who was an All-America sprinter for the Cavaliers.UVA's Campbell Winners Share Special BondFootball12/6/17UVA is the only ACC school with multiple winners of the prestigious Campbell Trophy: Tom Burns in 1993 and Micah Kiser this year.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Cooper Thriving Under New Staff
Swimming & Diving | 12/12/2017
A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record...
Fong Named ACC Swimmer of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 12/5/2017
Junior Zach Fong (Moorestown, N.J.) was named ACC Men’s Swimmer of the Week as announced by...
Virginia Concludes UGA Fall Invite with Two School Records
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams concluded the final day of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Concludes Second Day at Georgia Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2017
The women’s team concluded the day in fourth place (389.5 points), while the men’s...
Cooper Records UVA Record on Day One of UGA Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams completed day one of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Competes at Georgia Fall Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2017
The Virginia will compete at the Georgia Fall Invitational this weekend (Dec. 1-3) in Athens, Ga....
Virginia Diving Concludes Frank Elm Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2017
Junior Kylie Towbin finished first in the platform with a score of 270.05, setting a UVA record...
Virginia Diving Finishes Second Day of Frank Elm Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s diving teams concluded the second day of competition...
- Online Stores