Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three divers qualify for Zone Championships
Meet concludes Sunday
Corbett places third on women's 3-meter
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
Platform: 238.40 (2nd all-time at UVa)
• Set season-best marks on 1-meter (273.53) and 3-meter (238.88) against Virginia Tech
• Earned a season-best 174.10 on platform at the Ohio State Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished sixth on platform, 12th on 3-meter and 13th on 1-meter at Ohio State Invite
• Earned a season-best mark of 277.50 against Navy
• Scored a season-best mark of 257.55 against Navy, placing third
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Broke the school record and finished fourth on the platform (238.40) at NCAA Zones
• Placed 17th on 3m and 24th on 1m at Zones
• Set a career-best mark of 290.35 on 3m against Wisconsin and Virginia Tech
• Posted a season-best mark of 257.55 on 1m with a dual-meet best finish of third against Navy
• Placed eighth on 1m and 13th on platform at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Qualified for the NCAA Zone Championships
• Placed eighth on the platform at the NCAA Zone A Champs
• Earned 16th on the 1-meter and 33rd on the 3-meter at Zones
• Finished second in 1-meter (273.53) against UNC in only meet of season
• Placed fifth in 3-meter (260.63) in same meet
• All-American in 2010 and 2011
• Three-time USA Diving Regional and Zone qualifier
• Two-time runner-up at the Virginia state championships
• Four-time district and regional finalist
• Three-time Virginia AAA state finalist
• 2011 district champion
• Two-time all-met honorable mention
• AAU national qualifier in 2008
• School record holder
• Served as team captain
• Member of National English Honor Society and National Honor Society
• Civic Seal Recipient
• Received Athletic Academic Honors
• Daughter of Richard and Mary Gartrell
• Has two older brothers, Richard and Robert
'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women Finish Third, Men Place Fourth in Georgia
Swimming & Diving | 12/4/2016
The Virginia women’s swimming and diving team finished third and the men placed fourth as...
UVA Breaks Three School Marks on Second Day at UGA
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2016
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams broke three school records on the second...
UVA Hits Four NCAA Auto Marks on First Day in Georgia
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2016
Four automatic NCAA-qualifying times highlighted the Virginia men’s and women’s...
UVA to Compete at Georgia Fall Invitational This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2016
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams travel to Athens, Ga., this ...
Smith to Compete at FINA Short Course World Champs
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2016
Olympic gold medalist Leah Smith is set to represent the United States at the FINA Short Course...
Shelton Wins Platform Diving at NC State/GAC Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2016
Freshman Bryce Shelton won the men’s platform diving event as the Cavalier diving corps...
UVA Divers to Compete at NC State/GAC Invite Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2016
The Virginia diving corps will be in action Saturday (Nov. 19) at the NC State/GAC Invite in...
Leah Smith to be Honored on National Girls and Women in...
Swimming & Diving | 11/17/2016
Two-time Olympic Medalist and current Virginia swimmer Leah Smith will be honored on National...
- Online Stores