Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Four student-athletes named for third time
Adams, Chaney, Doniak and Durmer honored with Weaver-James-Corrigan Award
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
1000 Free: 9:53.27
1650 Free: 16:16.08
200 IM: 1:57.98
400 IM: 4:11.19 (8th all-time at UVa)
• Finished seventh in 200- and 400-yard individual medley at ACC Championships
• Placed ninth in 1,650 free at ACCs
• Set season-best times in 1,650 free (16:20.98), 200 IM (1:58.71) and 400 IM (4:14.24) at ACCs
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Honored with the Jettie Hill Memorial Award for being the female fourth-year student-athlete with the highest scholastic average at UVA
• Awarded ACC Postgraduate Scholarship
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished 11th in the 1,650 free and 16th in the 200 IM and 400 IM at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 1,650 free (16:27.90), 200 IM (1:57.98) and 400 IM (4:14.17) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fourth in the 400 IM, sixth in the 200 IM and eighth in the 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished 24th in a career-best 16:16.08 in the 1,650 free at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 31st in the 400 IM and 35th in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Touched third in the 400 IM, eighth in the 200 IM and 11th in the mile at the Ohio State Invite
• Her 400 IM time of 4:11.19 at the OSU Invite was a career-best
• Won the 200 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Honored as a CSCAA Scholar All-American
• Placed fourth in both the 200-yard individual medley and 400 IM at ACCs
• Also touched seventh in the 1,650-yard freestyle at the conference meet
• Finished 24th in the 400 IM and 31st in the 200 IM at NCAAs
• Time of 4:12.82 in the 400 IM at NCAAs was a season-best mark
• Set season-best times in the 200 IM (1:57.98) and 1,650 free (16:32.39) at ACCs
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in the 1,000 free against Duke
• Named to the All-ACC Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Four-time Georgia state champion (3x - 200 IM, 1x - 500 free)
• Won 400m IM and 200m IM at USA Swimming Sectionals in 2012
• Team captain her junior and senior seasons
• Named MVP of St. Pius X Catholic all four years
• Earned numerous department awards during senior year including marine biology, calculus, statistics and theology
• Honored with physics department award in 2011 and English department award in 2010
• Set the USA National age group record in 800 free relay in 2008
• Daughter of Anna Janss and Jeffrey Durmer
• Has a sister, Julia, and a brother, Jeffrey
• Mother, Anna, swam at Notre Dame
• Father, Jeffrey, played football, baseball and rowed at Trinity College
Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Captures Women's ACC Championship
Swimming & Diving | 2/17/2018
Virginia won the 2018 Women's ACC Championships, recording the program's 10th conference...
Virginia Paces Third Day of ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/16/2018
The Cavaliers lead the team standings after the third day of competition at the 2018 ACC...
Virginia Sets ACC Record in 200-Yard Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 2/15/2018
Virginia ranks first in the team standings after setting two meet records and an ACC record...
Virginia Opens ACC Championships with Meet Record
Swimming & Diving | 2/14/2018
The Cavaliers rank second in the team standings after the first day of competition with 143 points.
Virginia to Compete at ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/13/2018
The women's 1-meter dive will open the conference championships on Wednesday at 10 a.m., while...
Jeff White: Casey Ably Balances Heavy Workload
Swimming & Diving | 2/6/2018
One of the ACC's top distance swimmers, redshirt junior Brendan Casey is a third-year student in ...
Virginia Records CSCAA All-Academic Team Honors
Swimming & Diving | 01/29/2018
The women’s team recorded the honor with a 3.27 grade point average, while the men’s ...
Towbin Named ACC Diver of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 01/23/2018
Virginia junior Kylie Towbin (New Canaan, Conn.) was named ACC Diver of the Week, as announced by...
- Online Stores