National meet to be held in Atlanta March 16-19
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers post highest team finish in program history
Cavaliers finish in the top eight in four events
2015: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2014: 800 Free Relay, 1,650 Free (HM)
2015: 800 Free Relay
2015: 1,650 Free, 800 Free Relay
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:45.83 (7th all-time at UVA)
500 Free: 4:38.72 (4th all-time at UVA)
1000 Free: 9:48.46
1650 Free: 16:07.60 (7th all-time at UVA)
• Placed 17th in 1,650-yard freestyle, 25th in 500 free and 29th in 200 free at NCAA Championships
• Finished fourth in mile, fifth in 500 free and eighth in 200 free at ACC Championships
• Set career-bests in the 500 free (4:38.72) and 1,650 free (16:07.60) at ACCs
• Recorded season best in 200 free (1:45.92) at NCAAs
• Won 500 free and 1,000 free against Virginia Tech and Towson
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with the 800 free relay that finished ninth at NCAAs in 7:03.79
• Qualified for NCAAs in the 500 free and 1,650 free
• Notched a career-best in the 200 free at NCAAs in 1:45.83
• ACC Champion with 800 free relay
• Earned All-ACC honors with a second-place finish in the 1,650 free in a season-best 16:10.84
• Placed fifth in the 500 free and seventh in the 200 free at ACCs
• Set a season-best time in the 500 free (4:41.93) at ACCs
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned All-America honors as part of the 800 free relay that finished fifth in 7:01.81 at the NCAA Championships
• Took home honorable mention All-America honors with a 16th-place finish in the 1,650 free (16:09.00) at NCAAs
• Also finished 27th in the 500 free and 33rd in the 200 free at the national meet
• Placed fourth in the 500 free and fifth in the 200 and 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished third in the 500 free, eighth in the mile and 12th in the 200 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up a dual-meet win in the 500 free against Duke
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Qualified for NCAAs in 1,650-yard freestyle, placing 17th in 16:10.24
• Also placed 24th in season-best 4:43.43 in 500 free and 43rd in 200 free at NCAAs
• Earned fifth-place finishes in 1,650 free and 500 free at ACCs
• Placed 11th in season-best 1:47.66 in 200 free at conference meet
• Finished seventh in Georgia Fall Invitational
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in 1,000 free against Navy
• Finalist at 2011 Short Course Junior Nationals
• Helped lead Frederick to two state championships
• Named Frederick's Swimmer of the Year in 2011
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Daughter of Cindy Wilcox and John Borgersen
• Coached by Andy Lehner at Monocacy Aquatic Club
• Swam for Andy Frank at Frederick High School
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 03/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 03/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
- Online Stores