National meet to be held in Atlanta March 16-19
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers post highest team finish in program history
Cavaliers finish in the top eight in four events
2015: 800 Free Relay (HM)
2014: 800 Free Relay, 1,650 Free (HM)
2015: 800 Free Relay
2015: 1,650 Free, 800 Free Relay
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:45.83 (7th all-time at UVA)
500 Free: 4:38.72 (4th all-time at UVA)
1000 Free: 9:48.46
1650 Free: 16:07.60 (7th all-time at UVA)
• Placed 17th in 1,650-yard freestyle, 25th in 500 free and 29th in 200 free at NCAA Championships
• Finished fourth in mile, fifth in 500 free and eighth in 200 free at ACC Championships
• Set career-bests in the 500 free (4:38.72) and 1,650 free (16:07.60) at ACCs
• Recorded season best in 200 free (1:45.92) at NCAAs
• Won 500 free and 1,000 free against Virginia Tech and Towson
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with the 800 free relay that finished ninth at NCAAs in 7:03.79
• Qualified for NCAAs in the 500 free and 1,650 free
• Notched a career-best in the 200 free at NCAAs in 1:45.83
• ACC Champion with 800 free relay
• Earned All-ACC honors with a second-place finish in the 1,650 free in a season-best 16:10.84
• Placed fifth in the 500 free and seventh in the 200 free at ACCs
• Set a season-best time in the 500 free (4:41.93) at ACCs
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned All-America honors as part of the 800 free relay that finished fifth in 7:01.81 at the NCAA Championships
• Took home honorable mention All-America honors with a 16th-place finish in the 1,650 free (16:09.00) at NCAAs
• Also finished 27th in the 500 free and 33rd in the 200 free at the national meet
• Placed fourth in the 500 free and fifth in the 200 and 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Finished third in the 500 free, eighth in the mile and 12th in the 200 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up a dual-meet win in the 500 free against Duke
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Qualified for NCAAs in 1,650-yard freestyle, placing 17th in 16:10.24
• Also placed 24th in season-best 4:43.43 in 500 free and 43rd in 200 free at NCAAs
• Earned fifth-place finishes in 1,650 free and 500 free at ACCs
• Placed 11th in season-best 1:47.66 in 200 free at conference meet
• Finished seventh in Georgia Fall Invitational
• Highest dual-meet finish was second in 1,000 free against Navy
• Finalist at 2011 Short Course Junior Nationals
• Helped lead Frederick to two state championships
• Named Frederick's Swimmer of the Year in 2011
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Daughter of Cindy Wilcox and John Borgersen
• Coached by Andy Lehner at Monocacy Aquatic Club
• Swam for Andy Frank at Frederick High School
Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Concludes NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/25/2017
The Virginia men’s swim team concluded competition at the NCAA Swimming and Diving...
Schubert Lands on UVA Top-Times List
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2017
Day three of the NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships concluded on Friday (March 24...
UVA Concludes Day Two of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2017
Virginia completed day two of the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships on Thursday (March 23)...
Cavaliers Begin NCAA Championships Competition
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2017
Virginia opened the 2017 NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships by competing in the...
Men Prepare for NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2017
The No. 14th-ranked Virginia men’s swim team begin their competition at the NCAA Division I...
Virginia Adds Two Medals to Meet
Swimming & Diving | 3/18/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia finish the last night of the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
Simon Earns Bronze with New School Record
Swimming & Diving | 03/17/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia added another top swim to the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
Smith Secures Silver in 500-Yard Freestyle
Swimming & Diving | 03/16/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— The University of Virginia finished day two of the NCAA Division I...
- Online Stores