Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Cavaliers post highest team finish in program history
400 medley relay finishes second, the highest UVa relay finish ever
National meet runs Thursday through Saturday in Greensboro, N.C.
NCAA All-American (2)
2013: 200 Fly (HM)
2012: 200 Fly (HM)
2013: 500 free
2012: 500 free, 1,650 free
Virginia Career Bests
500 Free: 4:41.53 (9th all-time at UVa)
1650 Free: 16:09.36 (10th all-time at UVa)
200 Fly: 1:55.91 (4th all-time at UVa)
• Earned the Jettie Hill Memorial Award as the fourth-year female student-athlete with the highest scholastic average through her four years at Virginia
• Qualified for NCAAs in the 500 free
• Placed fifth in the 1,650 free and eighth in the 500 free at ACCs
• Also finished 16th in the 200 fly at ACCs
• Earned a season-best time in the 1,650 free (16:14.60) at NCAAs
• Posted season-best marks in the 500 free (4:41.79) and 200 fly (1:57.99) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fourth in the 1,650 free in a career-best time of 16:09.36 at the ACC Championships
• Also placed eighth in the 500 free and 200 fly at ACCs
• Swam a career-best 4:41.53 in the 500 free and a season-best 1:57.40 in the 200 fly at ACCs
• Finished 28th in the 500 free and 38th in the 1,650 free and 200 fly at the NCAA Championships
• Touched sixth in the 200 fly and 15th in the 500 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with a 14th-place finish in the 200-yard butterfly at NCAAs
• Also finished 27th in the 500 free at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors with a third-place finish in the 500 free in a career-best time of 4:41.81 at ACCs
• Touched fourth in the 1,650 free in a career-best time of 16:15.43 and fifth in the 200 fly in 200 fly at ACCs
• Set a career-best mark of 1:55.91 in the prelims of the 200 fly at ACCs
• Placed fifth in the 500 free and eighth in the 1,650 free and 200 fly at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 1,000 free against Duke
• Earned the team's Academic Award
• Given the Gus and Becky Ramirez Scholarship
• Named to the ACC All-Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 200 freestyle, 400 freestyle, 100 butterfly, 200 butterfly, 400 IM
• Competed in the 500 freestyle and 200 butterfly at her first NCAA Championships
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with a 16th-place performance in the 200 butterfly (1:58.80)
• Went 1:56.55 in the 200 butterfly during the preliminaries at NCAAs
• Finished 21st in the 500 freestyle (4:42.64) at the national meet
• Earned all-conference honors with third-place finishes in the 500 freestyle and 1650 freestyle at the ACC Championships
• Clocked a time of 4:42.23 in the preliminaries of the 500 freestyle
• Finished the 1650 freestyle in 16:21.56 at the conference meet
• Also placed sixth in the 200 butterfly (1:59.36) at ACCs; went 1:56.54 in the prelims
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Placed sixth in the 200m fly (2:12.94) at the U.S. Open
• Member of the 2010-11 U.S. National Junior Team
• Swam for NOVA of Virginia under Geoff Brown
• 2011 Richmond Times-Dispatch All-Metro Swimmer of the Year
• Member of NSCA Junior Team that competed in Ireland in 2010
• 18-and-under national champion in the 200 butterfly
• Scholastic All-American
• Member of National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society and Math Honor Society
• Daughter of Darrell and Mary Anne Haulsee
Dreams Coming True for Opoku at UVAMen's Soccer9/22/17Edward Opoku, a native of Ghana, is the leading scorer for No. 9 Virginia, which hosts No. 7 North Carolina on Friday night at Klöckner Stadium.Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Swimming and Diving Announces 2017-18 Schedule
Swimming & Diving | 9/6/2017
Virginia swimming and diving head coach Todd DeSorbo announced the 2017-18 schedule Wednesday (Se...
Swimming and Diving Adds Three to Coaching Staff
Swimming & Diving | 8/18/2017
The Virginia swimming and diving programs announced the addition of Tyler Fenwick, Blaire Bachman...
Jeff White: DeSorbo Hits Ground Running at UVA
Swimming & Diving | 8/16/2017
After six seasons as NC State's associate head coach, Todd DeSorbo now oversees men's and women's...
DeSorbo Named UVA Swimming and Diving Head Coach
Swimming & Diving | 8/7/2017
Todd DeSorbo has been named the Cavaliers' head men’s and women’s swimming and diving...
Smith Finishes Third in 800m Freestyle
Swimming & Diving | 7/29/2017
Leah Smith captured a bronze medal in the 800m freestyle at the FINA World Championships in...
Smith Captures Gold with 4x200m Freestyle Relay Team
Swimming & Diving | 7/27/2017
Leah Smith earned a gold medley with the 4x200m freestyle relay team in the 2017 World...
Smith Records Silver at FINA World Championships
Swimming & Diving | 07/23/2017
Virginia swimmer Leah Smith captured a silver medal in the 400m freestyle at the FINA World...
Casey Captures Silver Medal at FINA World Championships
Swimming & Diving | 07/20/2017
Casey finished second at the FINA World Championships on Thursday (July 20) in Budapest, Hungary ...
- Online Stores