Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Cavaliers post highest team finish in program history
400 medley relay finishes second, the highest UVa relay finish ever
National meet runs Thursday through Saturday in Greensboro, N.C.
NCAA All-American (2)
2013: 200 Fly (HM)
2012: 200 Fly (HM)
2013: 500 free
2012: 500 free, 1,650 free
Virginia Career Bests
500 Free: 4:41.53 (9th all-time at UVa)
1650 Free: 16:09.36 (10th all-time at UVa)
200 Fly: 1:55.91 (4th all-time at UVa)
• Earned the Jettie Hill Memorial Award as the fourth-year female student-athlete with the highest scholastic average through her four years at Virginia
• Qualified for NCAAs in the 500 free
• Placed fifth in the 1,650 free and eighth in the 500 free at ACCs
• Also finished 16th in the 200 fly at ACCs
• Earned a season-best time in the 1,650 free (16:14.60) at NCAAs
• Posted season-best marks in the 500 free (4:41.79) and 200 fly (1:57.99) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed fourth in the 1,650 free in a career-best time of 16:09.36 at the ACC Championships
• Also placed eighth in the 500 free and 200 fly at ACCs
• Swam a career-best 4:41.53 in the 500 free and a season-best 1:57.40 in the 200 fly at ACCs
• Finished 28th in the 500 free and 38th in the 1,650 free and 200 fly at the NCAA Championships
• Touched sixth in the 200 fly and 15th in the 500 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with a 14th-place finish in the 200-yard butterfly at NCAAs
• Also finished 27th in the 500 free at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors with a third-place finish in the 500 free in a career-best time of 4:41.81 at ACCs
• Touched fourth in the 1,650 free in a career-best time of 16:15.43 and fifth in the 200 fly in 200 fly at ACCs
• Set a career-best mark of 1:55.91 in the prelims of the 200 fly at ACCs
• Placed fifth in the 500 free and eighth in the 1,650 free and 200 fly at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 1,000 free against Duke
• Earned the team's Academic Award
• Given the Gus and Becky Ramirez Scholarship
• Named to the ACC All-Academic squad
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 200 freestyle, 400 freestyle, 100 butterfly, 200 butterfly, 400 IM
• Competed in the 500 freestyle and 200 butterfly at her first NCAA Championships
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors with a 16th-place performance in the 200 butterfly (1:58.80)
• Went 1:56.55 in the 200 butterfly during the preliminaries at NCAAs
• Finished 21st in the 500 freestyle (4:42.64) at the national meet
• Earned all-conference honors with third-place finishes in the 500 freestyle and 1650 freestyle at the ACC Championships
• Clocked a time of 4:42.23 in the preliminaries of the 500 freestyle
• Finished the 1650 freestyle in 16:21.56 at the conference meet
• Also placed sixth in the 200 butterfly (1:59.36) at ACCs; went 1:56.54 in the prelims
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Placed sixth in the 200m fly (2:12.94) at the U.S. Open
• Member of the 2010-11 U.S. National Junior Team
• Swam for NOVA of Virginia under Geoff Brown
• 2011 Richmond Times-Dispatch All-Metro Swimmer of the Year
• Member of NSCA Junior Team that competed in Ireland in 2010
• 18-and-under national champion in the 200 butterfly
• Scholastic All-American
• Member of National Honor Society, Spanish Honor Society and Math Honor Society
• Daughter of Darrell and Mary Anne Haulsee
Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.Kwiatkowski Sets Standard On and Off CourtMen's Tennis2/16/17Thai-Son Kwiatkowski, one of top-ranked Virginia's best players, also has distinguished himself in the McIntire School of Commerce.Grueling Stretch Continues for 'HoosMen's Basketball2/16/17No. 14 Virginia, which lost Wednesday night to No. 12 Duke at JPJ, meets No. 10 North Carolina in Chapel Hill on Saturday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Wins Two Titles on Final Day of ACCs
Swimming & Diving | 2/16/2017
Senior Leah Smith (Pittsburgh, Pa.) won her fourth-straight 1,650 free title and senior Kaitlyn...
Laura Simon Wins 100 Breaststroke Title Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 2/15/2017
Senior Laura Simon (Simmern, Germany) won the 100 breaststroke title on Wednesday at the 2017 ACC...
Smith Wins 500 Free on Second Night of ACCs
Swimming & Diving | 2/14/2017
Senior Leah Smith won her fourth-straight title in the 500 free to lead the No. 8 Virginia women&...
Virginia Wins 800 Free Relay on First Night of ACCs
Swimming & Diving | 2/13/2017
The No. 8 Virginia women’s swimming and diving team won the 800 free relay on the first...
Virginia Opens Quest for 10th-Consecutive ACC Title Monday
Swimming & Diving | 2/11/2017
The No. 8 Virginia women’s swimming and diving team looks to claim a 10th-consecutive ACC...
Achieving Your Dreams: Leah Smith
Swimming & Diving | 2/5/2017
A question and answer session with Smith about her goals and dreams and what advice she would...
Virginia Falls to NC State in Regular Season Finale
Swimming & Diving | 01/28/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams fell to NC State in the...
Virginia Closes Regular Season at NC State Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 01/27/2017
The nationally-ranked Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams close out ...
- Online Stores