Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavalier women, Hokie men post victories
Virginia Career Bests
100 Breast: 54.98
200 Breast: 1:57.66 (10th all-time at UVa)
200 IM: 1:54.33
• Finished 16th in the 200-yard breaststroke at ACC Championships
• Recorded season-best 200 breast (1:58.89) at ACCs
• Set season-best marks in 100 breast (55.66) and 200 IM (1:56.75) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed 21st in the 200 breast at ACCs
• Earned career-best times in the 100 breast (54.98), 200 breast (1:57.66) and 200 IM (1:54.33) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized with the team's Coaches Award for Excellence
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed second in the 100 breast and third in the 200 breast at the Cavalier Invite
• Posted a career-best mark in the 100 breast (55.34) at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 200 breast and 13th in the 100 breast at the Ohio State Invite
• Swam a career-best 200 breat (2:00.22) at the OSU Invite
• Placed second in the 100-yard breaststroke and 200 breast at the Cavalier Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 100 breast (56.16) and 200 breast (2:01.35) in the finals at the Cavalier Invite
• Three-time Connecticut State Open Champion in 100y breaststroke
• Earned All-State honors all four years at Amity Regional High School
• Two-time New Haven RegisterMVP
• Named Amity Regional's Male Athlete of the Year his senior year
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Named a Southern Connecticut Conference Scholar Athlete four times
• Served as team captain of Amity Regional his junior and senior years
• Named team's MVP his junior and senior seasons
• Member of the National Honor Society
• A Connecticut Academic Performance Test (CAPT) Scholar
• Son of Maryellen and Raymond Holden
• Has two sisters, Rachel and Katherine
• Eric and his sisters are triplets that were born at UVa Hospital
• Swam for Todd Rainey at Amity Regional High School
• Coached by Matt Hurst at SoNoCo Swim Club
Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.McCarthy's Return Sparks CavaliersBaseball5/15/18After missing 34 games with a wrist injury, junior Jake McCarthy returned to the lineup and helped UVA secure a critical ACC series win over Georgia Tech.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores