Women’s Program honored as Scholar All-America Team
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavalier women, Hokie men post victories
Virginia Career Bests
100 Breast: 54.98
200 Breast: 1:57.66 (10th all-time at UVa)
200 IM: 1:54.33
• Finished 16th in the 200-yard breaststroke at ACC Championships
• Recorded season-best 200 breast (1:58.89) at ACCs
• Set season-best marks in 100 breast (55.66) and 200 IM (1:56.75) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed 21st in the 200 breast at ACCs
• Earned career-best times in the 100 breast (54.98), 200 breast (1:57.66) and 200 IM (1:54.33) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized with the team's Coaches Award for Excellence
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed second in the 100 breast and third in the 200 breast at the Cavalier Invite
• Posted a career-best mark in the 100 breast (55.34) at the Cavalier Invite
• Finished ninth in the 200 breast and 13th in the 100 breast at the Ohio State Invite
• Swam a career-best 200 breat (2:00.22) at the OSU Invite
• Placed second in the 100-yard breaststroke and 200 breast at the Cavalier Invite
• Posted season-best times in the 100 breast (56.16) and 200 breast (2:01.35) in the finals at the Cavalier Invite
• Three-time Connecticut State Open Champion in 100y breaststroke
• Earned All-State honors all four years at Amity Regional High School
• Two-time New Haven RegisterMVP
• Named Amity Regional's Male Athlete of the Year his senior year
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Named a Southern Connecticut Conference Scholar Athlete four times
• Served as team captain of Amity Regional his junior and senior years
• Named team's MVP his junior and senior seasons
• Member of the National Honor Society
• A Connecticut Academic Performance Test (CAPT) Scholar
• Son of Maryellen and Raymond Holden
• Has two sisters, Rachel and Katherine
• Eric and his sisters are triplets that were born at UVa Hospital
• Swam for Todd Rainey at Amity Regional High School
• Coached by Matt Hurst at SoNoCo Swim Club
Williams' UVA Journey Nearing Its EndMen's Lacrosse4/26/17One game remains in the college career of attackman Zed Williams, who'll graduate from UVA next month with a bachelor's degree in drama.Afamefuna Thriving in New RoleMen's Soccer4/24/17After making the ACC's All-Freshman team as a defender last fall, Virginia's Robin Afamefuna is looking to contribute more at the attacking end this year.'Hoos Head Into Postseason on High NoteWomen's Lacrosse4/22/17In its regular-season finale, Virginia clinched the No. 3 seed in the ACC tournament with a 6-5 win over Virginia Tech at Klöckner Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Names 10 student-athletes to All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2017
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams had 10 student-athletes named to the...
Gould and Denning Named 2017 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholars
Swimming & Diving | 4/11/2017
Audrey Gould and John Denning have been named 2017 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholars.
UVA Concludes NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/25/2017
The Virginia men’s swim team concluded competition at the NCAA Swimming and Diving...
Schubert Lands on UVA Top-Times List
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2017
Day three of the NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships concluded on Friday (March 24...
UVA Concludes Day Two of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2017
Virginia completed day two of the NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships on Thursday (March 23)...
Cavaliers Begin NCAA Championships Competition
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2017
Virginia opened the 2017 NCAA Men’s Swimming and Diving Championships by competing in the...
Men Prepare for NCAA Swimming and Diving Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2017
The No. 14th-ranked Virginia men’s swim team begin their competition at the NCAA Division I...
Virginia Adds Two Medals to Meet
Swimming & Diving | 03/18/2017
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.— Virginia finish the last night of the NCAA Division I Swimming and...
- Online Stores