Cavaliers sit in fourth place
Corbett breaks school record in women's 3-meter diving
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 20.00 (T-8th all-time at UVa)
100 Free: 44.40
100 Fly: 49.21
• Placed 20th in the 50 free in a season-best time of 20.02 at the ACC Championships
• Posted season-best marks in the 100 free (45.19) and 100 fly (49.33) at ACCs
• Part of the 200 medley relay that placed 22nd at the NCAA Championships
• Placed 13th in the 50 free and 21st in the 100 free at the ACC Championships
• Set career-best marks in the 50 free (20.00), 100 free (44.40) and 100 fly (49.21) at ACCs
• Part of the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that ranks fourth all-time in school history at ACCs
• Finished fifth in the 50 free, 13th in the 100 free and 16th in the 100 fly at the Ohio State Invite
• Won the 50-yard freestyle (20.33) and 100 free (44.84) in career-best times at the Cavalier Invite
• Also set a career-best in the 100-yard butterfly (49.65) at the Cavalier Invite
• Set season-best marks in the 50 free (21.07), 100 free (46.75) and 100 fly (50.19) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Swam the 50 and 100 free throughout the dual meet season
• Six-time High School All-American
• State record holder in the 50 freestyle and 100 freestyle
• Three-time state champion in the 50 freestyle
• Two-time state champion in the 100 freestyle
• Anchored school's state championship 200 and 400 freestyle relay teams as a senior
• Led Jenks to four state championships
• Two-time Tulsa World All-Metro Boys Swimmer of the Year
• Three-time All-Metro team selection
• Two-time Sectional Champion in the 50-meter freestyle
• B finalist at Columbia Juniors and C finalist at Irvine Juniors
• Nationals Qualifier
• Won Superintendent Award and Frank Herold Award
• Son of Kristin Richardson and Mike Pearce
• Has a younger brother, Marshall
• Enjoys long boarding and wake boarding
• Intends to major in commerce
Spanish Journey Strengthens Cavaliers' BondMen's Basketball8/20/16The Virginia men's basketball team made strides on and off the court during its 10-day tour of Spain this month.'Hoos Heading Home On High NoteMen's Basketball8/17/16On the final night of its 10-day tour of Spain, Virginia routed the Sant Julià All-Stars 85-49. Four players scored in double figures for the Cavaliers.Hall Eager To Take On Larger RoleMen's Basketball8/16/16Devon Hall, who earned his bachelor's degree this summer, has two seasons of eligibility remaining for the UVA men's basketball team.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/7/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 8/6/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
Cavalier Olympic Central
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Follow updates on all of the Cavaliers competing in Rio in one convenient page.
Jeff White: Cavalier Standouts Ready for Rio
Swimming & Diving | 08/04/2016
Of the nearly 20 representatives from UVA at the Olympic Games in Brazil, two are undergraduates:...
- Online Stores