Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Smith places fourth in women’s 200-meter freestyle
Trio of student-athletes, Coach Augie Busch in Gwangju, South Korea, for international meet
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Kolod finishes out Cavalier career
NCAA All-American (4)
2015: 3-meter (HM)
2014: 3-meter, Platform (HM)
2013: 3-meter (HM)
2015: 1-meter, 3-meter, Platform
Virginia Career Bests
1-Meter: 390.83 (UVa record)
3-Meter: 444.75 (UVa record)
Platform: 405.25 (UVa Record)
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors on 3-meter with a 10th-place finish at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 18th on platform and 24th on 1-meter at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors in all three diving events at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record on 3-meter (444.75) at NCAAs, platform (405.25) at ACCs and 1-meter (390.83) against Navy
• Placed second on 1-meter and 3-meter at Zones to qualify for NCAAs
• Undefeated on 3-meter in dual meets, also picked up three dual-meet wins on 1-meter
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• All-American on 3-meter with a seventh-place finish at the NCAA Championships, the highest UVa diving finish ever
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors on platform with a 10th-place fininsh at NCAAs with a career-best score of 389.00
• Also placed 23rd on 1-meter at NCAAs
• Broke the school records on 1-meter (387.95) and 3-meter (433.40) during the season
• Won the 3-meter event at the NCAA Zone A Championships
• Placed fourth on platform at fifth on 1-meter at Zones
• Finished fourth on 1-meter, fifth on 3-meter and ninth on platform at the ACC Championships
• Picked up six dual-meet wins during the year (3x 1-meter, 3x 3-meter)
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned bronze at the 2014 USA Diving National Championships in the 3m synchro event
• Also qualified for the semifinals and placed 14th on 3m and 11th on 1m at the national meet
• Posted then-UVa's highest diving NCAA finish with 12th place on 3m at NCAAs, becoming Virginia's second diving All-American
• Placed 21st on platform and 26th on 1m at NCAAs
• Qualified for the U.S. World Championship Trials, finaling on 3m and finishing 10th
• Finished 18th on 1m at the World Championship Trials
• Notched a second-place finish on platform and third-place finishes on 1m and 3m at NCAA Zones to earn NCAA Championship berth
• Set a career-best mark on platform at Zones (382.10)
• Earned all-conference honors with a third-place finish on 3m at ACCs
• Placed fourth on 1m and eighth on platform at conference meet
• Posted career-best and school-record marks on the 1m (375.19) and 3m (434.85) at ACCs
• Made season debut at Georgia Fall Invitational, finishing fourth on 1m, fifth on 3m and ninth on platform
• Swept 1m and 3m boards against both North Carolina and Duke
• Won 3m against Virginia Tech and Wisconsin
• Missed first two months of season due to illness
• Named to the ACC All-Academic squad
• Recognized with the team's David Fafara Diving Award of Excellence and the Coaches' Award at the year-end banquet
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed ninth on the 1-meter, 10th on the platform and 13th on the 3-meter at ACCs
• Won the 1-meter against Duke
• Set season-best marks on the 1-meter (354.83) against North Carolina and 3-meter (366.15) against VT
• Qualified for the US Diving National Championships on the 1-meter and 3-meter
• Placed 17th on the 1-meter and 20th on the 3-meter at the US Diving National Championships
• High School All-American
• Runner-up at the Pennsylvania state championships
• School and pool record holder
• Placed fourth on the 3-meter board at the 2010 U.S. Diving Age Group Nationals
• Finished fourth on the 1-meter at the 2011 U.S. Diving East Championships
• Son of Erika and Glenn Kolod
• Has two older sisters, Lauren and Brittny
• Enjoys mountain biking and playing ping pong
'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women Finish Third, Men Place Fourth in Georgia
Swimming & Diving | 12/4/2016
The Virginia women’s swimming and diving team finished third and the men placed fourth as...
UVA Breaks Three School Marks on Second Day at UGA
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2016
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams broke three school records on the second...
UVA Hits Four NCAA Auto Marks on First Day in Georgia
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2016
Four automatic NCAA-qualifying times highlighted the Virginia men’s and women’s...
UVA to Compete at Georgia Fall Invitational This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2016
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams travel to Athens, Ga., this ...
Smith to Compete at FINA Short Course World Champs
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2016
Olympic gold medalist Leah Smith is set to represent the United States at the FINA Short Course...
Shelton Wins Platform Diving at NC State/GAC Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2016
Freshman Bryce Shelton won the men’s platform diving event as the Cavalier diving corps...
UVA Divers to Compete at NC State/GAC Invite Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2016
The Virginia diving corps will be in action Saturday (Nov. 19) at the NC State/GAC Invite in...
Leah Smith to be Honored on National Girls and Women in...
Swimming & Diving | 11/17/2016
Two-time Olympic Medalist and current Virginia swimmer Leah Smith will be honored on National...
- Online Stores