Virginia posts seven women and three men to team
The Cavaliers finished with the fifth fastest time in 800 free relay
National meet to be held in Atlanta March 16-19
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Duo helped Cavaliers win eighth-consecutive conference title
2017: 200 Butterfly, 800 Free Relay, 400 Medley Relay (HM)
2016:800 Free Relay, 200 Back (HM), 200 IM (HM)
2015: 200 Back (HM), 400 Medley Relay
2017: 800 Free Relay
2017: 800 Free Relay, 200 IM, 1650 Free
2016: 200 Fly
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free:1:45.11 (5th all-time at UVA)
100 Back: 52.95 (8th all-time at UVA)
200 Back: 1:52.41 (4th all-time at UVA)
100 Fly: 52.48 (4th all-time at UVA)
200 Fly: 1:53.15 (2nd all-time at UVA)
200 IM: 1:55.90 (2nd all-time at UVA)
400 IM: 4:09.94 (6th all-time at UVA)
• Finished third at the NCAA Championships in the 200-yard
• Placed fifth
• All-America honoree in the 200-yard butterfly and the 800-yard freestyle relay
• All-America honorable mentions honoree in the 400-yard medley relay
• Three-time All-ACC honoree with a first place finish in the 800-yard freestyle relay and a third place finishes in the 200-yard individual medley and 200-yard butterfly
• Recorded the second fastest time in UVA history in the 200-yard butterfly and the 200-yard individual medley at the UGA Fall Invite and NCAA Championships, respectively
• Named to the CSCAA Scholar All-America Team and the ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned All-America honors after anchoring 800-yard freestyle relay to fifth place at NCAA Championships
• Took home honorable mention All-America honors with 14th-place finish in 200 backstroke and 16th-place finish in 200 IM at NCAAs
• Also placed 22nd in 400 IM at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors with third-place finish at ACC Championships
• Also placed fifth in 200 IM and ninth in 400 IM at ACCs
• Set career-best marks in 200 back (1:52.41) and 200 IM (1:56.48) at NCAAs
• Posted career-best marks in 200 fly (1:55.87) and 400 IM (4:09.94) at ACCs
• Notched career-best marks in 200 free (1:45.85) and 100 fly (52.66) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors in the 200 back, placing 16th at the NCAA Championships
• Also earned All-America honors swimming in the prelims of the 400 medley relay at NCAAs
• Finished 24th in the 200 fly and 30th in the 100 fly at NCAAs
• Qualified for three A finals in the 100 fly, 200 back and 200 fly at the ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 100 fly (52.76), 200 back (1:53.28) and 200
• Massachusetts state champion in 100 free, 100 back and 200 IM
• NISCA/Speedo High School All-American
• Two-time Boston Globe and Boston Herald Swimmer of the Year
• Three-time Lowell Sun Swimmer of the Year
• USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Three-time Dual County League All-Star
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Three-time member of Westford Academy Academic Honor Roll
• Daughter of Margaret and Paul Marrkand
• Sister, Megan, swam for Holy Cross
Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Men Travel to ACC Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 2/20/2018
The No. 23 Cavalier men's team will compete at the 2018 ACC Championships at the Greensboro...
Virginia Captures Women's ACC Championship
Swimming & Diving | 2/17/2018
Virginia won the 2018 Women's ACC Championships, recording the program's 10th conference...
Virginia Paces Third Day of ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/16/2018
The Cavaliers lead the team standings after the third day of competition at the 2018 ACC...
Virginia Sets ACC Record in 200-Yard Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 2/15/2018
Virginia ranks first in the team standings after setting two meet records and an ACC record...
Virginia Opens ACC Championships with Meet Record
Swimming & Diving | 2/14/2018
The Cavaliers rank second in the team standings after the first day of competition with 143 points.
Virginia to Compete at ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/13/2018
The women's 1-meter dive will open the conference championships on Wednesday at 10 a.m., while...
Jeff White: Casey Ably Balances Heavy Workload
Swimming & Diving | 02/06/2018
One of the ACC's top distance swimmers, redshirt junior Brendan Casey is a third-year student in ...
Virginia Records CSCAA All-Academic Team Honors
Swimming & Diving | 01/29/2018
The women’s team recorded the honor with a 3.27 grade point average, while the men’s ...
- Online Stores