Marrkand set a school record in the 200-yard butterfly
Virginia ranks 10th in the team standings
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors during the day
Virginia posts seven women and three men to team
The Cavaliers finished with the fifth fastest time in 800 free relay
2017: 200 Butterfly, 800 Free Relay, 400 Medley Relay (HM)
2016:800 Free Relay, 200 Back (HM), 200 IM (HM)
2015: 200 Back (HM), 400 Medley Relay
2017: 800 Free Relay
2017: 800 Free Relay, 200 IM, 1650 Free
2016: 200 Fly
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free:1:45.11 (5th all-time at UVA)
100 Back: 52.95 (8th all-time at UVA)
200 Back: 1:52.41 (4th all-time at UVA)
100 Fly: 52.48 (4th all-time at UVA)
200 Fly: 1:53.15 (2nd all-time at UVA)
200 IM: 1:55.90 (2nd all-time at UVA)
400 IM: 4:09.94 (6th all-time at UVA)
• Finished third at the NCAA Championships in the 200-yard
• Placed fifth
• All-America honoree in the 200-yard butterfly and the 800-yard freestyle relay
• All-America honorable mentions honoree in the 400-yard medley relay
• Three-time All-ACC honoree with a first place finish in the 800-yard freestyle relay and a third place finishes in the 200-yard individual medley and 200-yard butterfly
• Recorded the second fastest time in UVA history in the 200-yard butterfly and the 200-yard individual medley at the UGA Fall Invite and NCAA Championships, respectively
• Named to the CSCAA Scholar All-America Team and the ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned All-America honors after anchoring 800-yard freestyle relay to fifth place at NCAA Championships
• Took home honorable mention All-America honors with 14th-place finish in 200 backstroke and 16th-place finish in 200 IM at NCAAs
• Also placed 22nd in 400 IM at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors with third-place finish at ACC Championships
• Also placed fifth in 200 IM and ninth in 400 IM at ACCs
• Set career-best marks in 200 back (1:52.41) and 200 IM (1:56.48) at NCAAs
• Posted career-best marks in 200 fly (1:55.87) and 400 IM (4:09.94) at ACCs
• Notched career-best marks in 200 free (1:45.85) and 100 fly (52.66) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors in the 200 back, placing 16th at the NCAA Championships
• Also earned All-America honors swimming in the prelims of the 400 medley relay at NCAAs
• Finished 24th in the 200 fly and 30th in the 100 fly at NCAAs
• Qualified for three A finals in the 100 fly, 200 back and 200 fly at the ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 100 fly (52.76), 200 back (1:53.28) and 200
• Massachusetts state champion in 100 free, 100 back and 200 IM
• NISCA/Speedo High School All-American
• Two-time Boston Globe and Boston Herald Swimmer of the Year
• Three-time Lowell Sun Swimmer of the Year
• USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Three-time Dual County League All-Star
• Member of the National Honor Society
• Three-time member of Westford Academy Academic Honor Roll
• Daughter of Margaret and Paul Marrkand
• Sister, Megan, swam for Holy Cross
Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.Hall Working to Raise NBA StockMen's Basketball6/12/18By the time the NBA draft arrives on June 21, former UVA guard Devon Hall will have worked out for nearly two-thirds of the league's 30 teams.Mueller Sets Sights on World TitleWrestling6/11/18Early this month, Jack Mueller, a rising junior at UVA, clinched a spot on the U.S. team that will compete at the U23 freestyle world championships in Romania.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores