UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Cavaliers win 11 events on the day
Cavalier women, Hokie men post victories
Four incoming freshman post top-eight finishes individual events
Virginia Career Bests
200 Free: 1:50.13
500 Free: 4:44.86
1000 Free: 10:03.40
1,650 Free: 16:31.58
200 Fly: 2:01.47
400 IM: 4:21.37
• Won the 500-yard freestyle (4:53.68) and the 1650-yard freestyle (16:43.60) at the ECAC Championships
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Won 1,650-yard freestyle in season-best 16:32.33 at ECAC Championships
• Placed second in 500 free and third in 200 fly at ECACs
• Recorded career-best 200 fly (2:01.47) at ECACs
• Set season-best 500 free (4:48.67) at ECACs
• Set season-best marks in the 200 free (1:50.13), 500 free (4:44.86) and 1,650 free (16:31.58) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• A Finalist in the 400m free at 2013 Speedo Junior National Championships
• Combined Women's and Men's High Point Award winner at 2013 Virginia Senior Long Course Championships
• USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Member of the Spanish National Honor Society
• Swam for NOVA of Virginia Aquatics
• Daughter of Kathy and David Gvozdas
• Has two younger siblings, Bryn and Cole
• Mother, Kathy, ran track and field/cross country at Catholic University
Cavaliers Keep Rolling at JPJMen's Basketball1/15/18No. 3 Virginia remained atop the ACC standings with a 68-51 victory over NC State at John Paul Jones Arena on Sunday night.Singh Back in Familiar SurroundingsMen's Tennis1/12/18Former UVA tennis star Sanam Singh is back at his alma mater as the volunteer assistant coach in the men's program.Hayes Making Immediate ImpactWrestling1/10/18Redshirt freshman Louie Hayes is ranked No. 13 nationally at 125 pounds for Virginia, which competes at the Virginia Duals this weekend in Hampton.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Split with Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/13/2018
The No. 11 Virginia women's team defeated No. 25 Virginia Tech, 189.5-163.5, while the No. 21...
Virginia Finishes Day One against Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/12/2018
Virginia will return to action tomorrow for day two against Virginia Tech. The meet will begin at...
Virginia Competes in Weekend Meet at Virginia Tech
Swimming & Diving | 1/11/2018
The Cavaliers will travel to Virginia Tech for a two0day meet beginning on Friday at 5 p.m....
Cooper and Towbin Earned ACC Weekly Honors
Swimming & Diving | 1/9/2018
Senior swimmer Caitlin Cooper and junior diver Kylie Towbin earned weekly ACC honors, as...
Virginia Splits with Tennessee
Swimming & Diving | 1/5/2018
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim diving teams split a dual meet against Tennessee,...
Virginia Finishes Day Two of Tennessee Diving Invite
Swimming & Diving | 1/4/2018
The Virginia men’s and women’s diving teams concluded the second day of events at the...
Cavaliers Conclude First Day of Tennessee Diving Invite
Swimming & Diving | 01/03/2018
The Virginia men’s and women’s diving teams completed the first day of the Tennessee ...
Virginia Competes at Tennessee
Swimming & Diving | 01/02/2018
The diving core will compete in the Tennessee Diving Invitational beginning on Wednesday,...
- Online Stores