Junior swimmer takes gold in 4x200m free relay
Meet to be held in Kazan, Russia, Aug. 2-9
Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Kolod finishes out Cavalier career
Kolod finishes in top 16 in 3-meter diving for third-consecutive year
2015: 100 Breast (HM)
2014: 200 Breast (HM)
2014: 100 Breast, 200 Breast
2013: 200 Breast
Virginia Career Bests
100 Breast: 52.47 (UVa School Record)
200 Breast: 1:53.71 (UVa School Record)
200 IM: 1:47.54
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors in the 100 breast, placing 16th at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 23rd in the 200 breast at NCAAs
• Broke the school record in the 100 breast (52.47) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Finished seventh in the 100 breast and ninth in the 200 breast at the ACC Championships
• Went undefeated in the 100 breast and 200 breast in dual meets
• Won the Swiss national title in the 100m breast and 200m breast, placed 2nd in the 50m breast
• Set a new Swiss record in the 100m breast (1:01.66) and a new Swiss Championship record in the 200m breast (2:12.33)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Represented Switzerland at the FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia
• Broke two Swiss national records at Worlds in the 100m breast and 200m breast
• Placed 18th in the 200m breast in 2:11.65 and 26th in the 100m breast in 1:00.94
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors in the 200 breast, placing 16th at the NCAA Championships
• Broke the school record in the 200 breast (1:53.71) in the prelims
• Also placed 17th in the 100 breast at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors with second-place finishes in both the 100 and 200 breast at the ACC Championships
• Part of the 200 medley relay (1:24.98) that broke the school record and the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that ranks second all-time in school history at ACCs
• Set career-best marks in the 100 breast (52.88) and 200 IM (1:47.93) at ACCs
• Finished second in the 100 breast and third in the 200 breast at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up four dual-meet wins (2x 100 breast, 2x 200 breast)
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned all-conference honors with a third-place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke at ACCs
• Placed sixth in the 100 breast at the conference meet
• Posted season-best times in the 100 breast (53.97), 200 breast (1:56.98) and 200-yard individual medley (1:49.38) at ACCs
• Picked up three dual-meet wins in the 100 breast
• Selected to represent Switzerland at the 2013 World University Games in Kazan, Russia
• Qualified for the semifinals in the 200m breast, finishing 15th, at the World University Games
• Placed 26th in the 100m breast and 29th in the 50m breast at the WUGs
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished 24th in the 200m breaststroke for Switzerland at the 2012 London Olympics
• Placed seventh in 200m breast at 2012 European Championships
• Broke the Swiss long course national record in 200m breast at 2012 Swiss Championships (2:12.99)
• Finished 18th in the 200m breast at the 2011 European Short Course Championships (2:09.99 - national record)
• Son of Martin and Regula Kaeser
• Has a brother, Pascal
Cavalier Football: Virginia Tech PostscriptFootball11/29/15Virginia's sixth season under head coach Mike London ended Saturday with a 23-20 loss to Virginia Tech at Scott Stadium.End Comes Too Soon for 'HoosWomen's Soccer11/28/15In women's soccer, Virginia finished with a 19-1-13 after falling in the NCAA quarterfinals to Rutgers in a penalty-kick shootout Friday at Klöckner Stadium.Stage Set for Season FinaleFootball11/27/15At noon Saturday, in the rivals' annual clash for the Commonwealth Cup, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women's Swimming and Diving Rises to No. 1 in...
Swimming & Diving | 11/4/2015
For the first time in program history, the Virginia women's swimming and diving program has been ...
Virginia Women Defeat Michigan and Penn State, Men Earn Split
Swimming & Diving | 11/1/2015
The No. 4 Virginia women's swimming and diving team defeated Michigan and Penn State Sunday (Nov....
Virginia Finishes Day One Action against Michigan, Penn State
Swimming & Diving | 10/31/2015
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving team finished day one action against Michigan ...
Virginia to Compete against Michigan, Penn State This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 10/30/2015
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams travel to Ann Arbor, Mich., this weekend...
Bartholomew, Smith to Represent U.S. in Duel in the Pool
Swimming & Diving | 10/22/2015
Virginia swimmers Courtney Bartholomew and Leah Smith have been named to the American squad that ...
Virginia Splits with Tennessee to Open Season
Swimming & Diving | 10/16/2015
The Virginia swimming and diving teams picked up a split against Tennessee Friday afternoon (Oct....
Virginia Opens Season with Home Dual against Tennessee
Swimming & Diving | 10/15/2015
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams will open their 2015-16...
Winter Sports Meet The Teams Day Set for Sunday, Oct. 18
Swimming & Diving | 10/02/2015
The Virginia men's and women's basketball, men's and women's swimming & diving, and wrestling...
- Online Stores