Corbett becomes first Virginia female diver to qualify for national meet
Warburg breaks women's 3-meter diving school record
Three divers qualify for Zone Championships
Meet concludes Sunday
Corbett places third on women's 3-meter
Virginia Career Bests
1-meter: 286.05 (3rd all-time at UVA)
3-meter: 328.57 (2nd all-time at UVA)
• Finished 11th on 1-meter and 20th on 3-meter at ACC Championships
• Finaled on 3-meter and finished 10th at NCAA Zone Championships
• Posted season-best marks on 1-meter (281.30) and platform (178.45) at ACCs
• Set season-best mark on 3-meter (295.88) against Tennessee
• Finaled on 3-meter and placed 14th at the NCAA Zone Diving Championships
• Also finished 26th on 1-meter at Zones
• Set a new Cavalier record on 3-meter (328.57) at the Cavalier Diving Invite
• Posted a season-best mark on 1-meter (284.18) at the Cavalier Diving Invite
• Placed eighth on platform, ninth on 1-meter and 3-meter at the NCAA Zone Championships
• Finished 15th on 3-meter, 18th on 1-meter and 23rd on platform at ACCs
• Placed sixth on 1-meter, ninth on 3-meter and 10th on platform at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up three dual-meet wins including two wins on 3-meter and one on 1-meter
• Broke the school record on the 3-meter springboards (316.05) against Duke
• Placed 13th on 1m, 17th on 3m and 18th on platform at ACCs
• Finished ninth on all three boards at NCAA Zones
• Picked up four dual meet wins (2x 1-meter, 2x 3-meter)
• Four-time All-American
• First female diver in the state of Connecticut to win four consecutive state championships
• Finished 18th on the 1-meter and 35th on the 3-meter at the 2011 Junior National Championships
• Won the 1-meter event at the 2011 USA Diving Summer Junior Region 1 Championships
• Placed second on both the 1-meter and 3-meter events at the 2011 YMCA National Championships
• Daughter of Julie and John Warburg
• Has a brother, Mark
• Was coached by Joe Somma at Wilton High School and Whirlwind Dive Club
'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.Barir Finds Niche in Second YearMen's Soccer9/21/16Daniel Barir, a sophomore from Denmark, has a team-high three assists for No. 16 Virginia, which plays Saturday night at No. 13 Louisville.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Swimming and Diving Announces 2016-17 Schedule
Swimming & Diving | 9/13/2016
Virginia swimming and diving head coach Augie Busch announced the Cavaliers’ 2016-17...
Trio of Cavaliers Named Preseason All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 9/12/2016
A trio of Virginia swimming seniors, Kaitlyn Jones, Laura Simon and Leah Smith, have been named...
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/07/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
- Online Stores