• Earned the Leadership Award (216-17), Most Valuable Swimmer Award (2015-16) and named team captain (2015-16 and 2016-17)
• Captured the Kentucky High School Athletic Association (KHSAA) Swimming Championships
• Six-time All-American in the 200-yard breaststroke and 200-yard medley relay
• Finished second at the KHSAA Swimming championships in the 200-yard individual medley
• Earned first-team All-State KHSAA Swimming and diving in 2015, '16 and '17
• Ranked second and third in the U.S. among juniors and seniors, respectively, in the 100-yard breaststroke according to the National Interscholastic Swimming Coaches Association (2015-16 and 2016-17)
• Named an all-area swim team honoree and a Kentuckiana Sports Award honoree by the Courier-Journal in 2016 and 2017
• Son of Laura and Campbell Barnum
• Has a brother, Baylor, and sister Brooks
• Related to Peter Schubert who played lacrosse at Washington and Lee
• Related to Allie Rost who played soccer at Rollins College
• Part of the Ryken Service Club- serving poor, homeless elderly and children at primary location, Dare to Care Food Bank
Blount Eager to Assume Larger RoleFootball3/21/18The job will not be handed to rising sophomore Joey Blount. He'll have to earn it. This is head coach Bronco Mendenhall's program, after all. But after spending the 2017 season as free safety Quin Blanding's understudy, Blount is the leading candidate to take over in the secondary for the University of Virginia's all-time leading tackler.'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Captures Three All-America Swims on Third Day of...
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 3/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
Moroney Leads Cavaliers on Third Day of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/16/2018
Megan Moroney led the Cavaliers on the third day of competition at the NCAA Championships.
Virginia Records Three Podium Finishes on Day Two of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 03/15/2018
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors on the sconed day of...
Virginia Opens NCAA Championships with All-America Honors
Swimming & Diving | 03/14/2018
Virginia opens the Women's NCAA Championships with a school record and All-America honors in the ...
- Online Stores