Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Smith places fourth in women’s 200-meter freestyle
Trio of student-athletes, Coach Augie Busch in Gwangju, South Korea, for international meet
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Kolod finishes out Cavalier career
NCAA All-American (4)
2015: 3-meter (HM)
2014: 3-meter, Platform (HM)
2013: 3-meter (HM)
2015: 1-meter, 3-meter, Platform
Virginia Career Bests
1-Meter: 390.83 (UVa record)
3-Meter: 444.75 (UVa record)
Platform: 405.25 (UVa Record)
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors on 3-meter with a 10th-place finish at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 18th on platform and 24th on 1-meter at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors in all three diving events at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record on 3-meter (444.75) at NCAAs, platform (405.25) at ACCs and 1-meter (390.83) against Navy
• Placed second on 1-meter and 3-meter at Zones to qualify for NCAAs
• Undefeated on 3-meter in dual meets, also picked up three dual-meet wins on 1-meter
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• All-American on 3-meter with a seventh-place finish at the NCAA Championships, the highest UVa diving finish ever
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors on platform with a 10th-place fininsh at NCAAs with a career-best score of 389.00
• Also placed 23rd on 1-meter at NCAAs
• Broke the school records on 1-meter (387.95) and 3-meter (433.40) during the season
• Won the 3-meter event at the NCAA Zone A Championships
• Placed fourth on platform at fifth on 1-meter at Zones
• Finished fourth on 1-meter, fifth on 3-meter and ninth on platform at the ACC Championships
• Picked up six dual-meet wins during the year (3x 1-meter, 3x 3-meter)
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned bronze at the 2014 USA Diving National Championships in the 3m synchro event
• Also qualified for the semifinals and placed 14th on 3m and 11th on 1m at the national meet
• Posted then-UVa's highest diving NCAA finish with 12th place on 3m at NCAAs, becoming Virginia's second diving All-American
• Placed 21st on platform and 26th on 1m at NCAAs
• Qualified for the U.S. World Championship Trials, finaling on 3m and finishing 10th
• Finished 18th on 1m at the World Championship Trials
• Notched a second-place finish on platform and third-place finishes on 1m and 3m at NCAA Zones to earn NCAA Championship berth
• Set a career-best mark on platform at Zones (382.10)
• Earned all-conference honors with a third-place finish on 3m at ACCs
• Placed fourth on 1m and eighth on platform at conference meet
• Posted career-best and school-record marks on the 1m (375.19) and 3m (434.85) at ACCs
• Made season debut at Georgia Fall Invitational, finishing fourth on 1m, fifth on 3m and ninth on platform
• Swept 1m and 3m boards against both North Carolina and Duke
• Won 3m against Virginia Tech and Wisconsin
• Missed first two months of season due to illness
• Named to the ACC All-Academic squad
• Recognized with the team's David Fafara Diving Award of Excellence and the Coaches' Award at the year-end banquet
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed ninth on the 1-meter, 10th on the platform and 13th on the 3-meter at ACCs
• Won the 1-meter against Duke
• Set season-best marks on the 1-meter (354.83) against North Carolina and 3-meter (366.15) against VT
• Qualified for the US Diving National Championships on the 1-meter and 3-meter
• Placed 17th on the 1-meter and 20th on the 3-meter at the US Diving National Championships
• High School All-American
• Runner-up at the Pennsylvania state championships
• School and pool record holder
• Placed fourth on the 3-meter board at the 2010 U.S. Diving Age Group Nationals
• Finished fourth on the 1-meter at the 2011 U.S. Diving East Championships
• Son of Erika and Glenn Kolod
• Has two older sisters, Lauren and Brittny
• Enjoys mountain biking and playing ping pong
End Comes Too Soon for 'HoosWomen's Soccer11/28/15In women's soccer, Virginia finished with a 19-1-13 after falling in the NCAA quarterfinals to Rutgers in a penalty-kick shootout Friday at Klöckner Stadium.Stage Set for Season FinaleFootball11/27/15At noon Saturday, in the rivals' annual clash for the Commonwealth Cup, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) meets Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Have Plenty in Reserve at JPJMen's Basketball11/26/15No. 12 Virginia received 30 points from its reserves in an 80-54 win over Lehigh on Wednesday night at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women's Swimming and Diving Rises to No. 1 in...
Swimming & Diving | 11/4/2015
For the first time in program history, the Virginia women's swimming and diving program has been ...
Virginia Women Defeat Michigan and Penn State, Men Earn Split
Swimming & Diving | 11/1/2015
The No. 4 Virginia women's swimming and diving team defeated Michigan and Penn State Sunday (Nov....
Virginia Finishes Day One Action against Michigan, Penn State
Swimming & Diving | 10/31/2015
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving team finished day one action against Michigan ...
Virginia to Compete against Michigan, Penn State This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 10/30/2015
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams travel to Ann Arbor, Mich., this weekend...
Bartholomew, Smith to Represent U.S. in Duel in the Pool
Swimming & Diving | 10/22/2015
Virginia swimmers Courtney Bartholomew and Leah Smith have been named to the American squad that ...
Virginia Splits with Tennessee to Open Season
Swimming & Diving | 10/16/2015
The Virginia swimming and diving teams picked up a split against Tennessee Friday afternoon (Oct....
Virginia Opens Season with Home Dual against Tennessee
Swimming & Diving | 10/15/2015
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams will open their 2015-16...
Winter Sports Meet The Teams Day Set for Sunday, Oct. 18
Swimming & Diving | 10/02/2015
The Virginia men's and women's basketball, men's and women's swimming & diving, and wrestling...
- Online Stores