Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three Cavaliers earn honorable mention All-America honors
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 44.64
100 Back: 46.06 (UVa school record)
200 Back: 1:43.06 (7th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 47.51 (10th all-time at UVa)
• Did not compete
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fourth in the 100 back and fifth in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record in the 100 back (46.06) in the prelims at ACCs
• Part of the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that posted the second-fastest UVa mark all-time at ACCs
• Anchored the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that finished with the fourth-fastest time in UVa history
• Qualified as individual for the NCAA Championships for the first time
• Placed 26th in the 100 back and 36th in the 200 back at NCAAs
• Finished eighth in the 100 back, 10th in the 100 fly and 19th in the 50 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Picked up a win in the 200 back against Pitt and the 100 fly against Duke
• Placed eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 14th in the 200 back at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (48.62) and the 100-yard butterfly (49.84) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Notched a season-best time in the 200 back (1:47.22) at the same meet
• Placed third in the 200 back against Duke
• Placed 16th in the 100 back at ACCs
• Swam season-bests in the 100 back (49.09), 200 back (1:46.95), and 100 fly (49.90) at the conference meet
• Best dual meet finish was third in the 200 back against NC State
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke
• 11-time All-American
• Led Upper St. Clair to the 2011 Pennsylvania state title
• Twice won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also crowned the 2010 state champion in the 100 butterfly
• Finished sixth in 200 backstroke at 2010 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Placed seventh in the 100 butterfly and ninth in the 100 backstroke at the 2009 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Member of Athletes Taking Action
• National Honor Society member
• Son of Linda and Chester Dudzinski
• Has a younger brother, Ryan, and a younger sister, Brittany
• Enjoys watching Pittsburgh sports and traveling
• Intends to major in commerce
Margin of Error Gone for CavaliersMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.Cavaliers Push On With Heavy HeartsBaseball4/25/16No. 21 Virginia, coming off an emotionally draining weekend in Coral Gables, Fla., meets ODU at noon Tuesday in Norfolk at Harbor Park.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
13 Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/25/2016
The Virginia swimming and diving team had 13 members named to the All-ACC Academic Swimming and...
Swimming and Diving Adds Kyle Ward to 2016 Signing Class
Swimming & Diving | 4/20/2016
Virginia head swimming and diving coach Augie Busch has announced that Kyle Ward (Bartlesville,...
Jeff White: Smith Shifts Focus to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 4/4/2016
Next up for junior Leah Smith, who has won four individual NCAA titles during her UVA career, are...
Busch Named ACC Women’s Swimming Coach of the Year
Swimming & Diving | 3/31/2016
Virginia head swimming and diving coach Augie Busch has been named ACC Women’s Swimming...
Kaeser Finishes Seventh in 200 Breast at NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/26/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Yannick Kaeser earned first-team All-America honors in the 200-yard...
Kaeser Places 14th in 100 Breast at NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/25/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Yannick Kaeser earned honorable mention All-Ameirca honors in the 100-yar...
UVA Finishes Action on Second Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/24/2016
The Virginia men’s swimming and diving team finished action on the second day of the NCAA...
Fong, Kaeser Open NCAA Championships Thursday
Swimming & Diving | 03/23/2016
The Virginia men’s swimming and diving team opens action at the NCAA Championships on...
- Online Stores