Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three Cavaliers earn honorable mention All-America honors
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 44.64
100 Back: 46.06 (UVa school record)
200 Back: 1:43.06 (7th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 47.51 (10th all-time at UVa)
• Did not compete
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fourth in the 100 back and fifth in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record in the 100 back (46.06) in the prelims at ACCs
• Part of the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that posted the second-fastest UVa mark all-time at ACCs
• Anchored the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that finished with the fourth-fastest time in UVa history
• Qualified as individual for the NCAA Championships for the first time
• Placed 26th in the 100 back and 36th in the 200 back at NCAAs
• Finished eighth in the 100 back, 10th in the 100 fly and 19th in the 50 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Picked up a win in the 200 back against Pitt and the 100 fly against Duke
• Placed eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 14th in the 200 back at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (48.62) and the 100-yard butterfly (49.84) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Notched a season-best time in the 200 back (1:47.22) at the same meet
• Placed third in the 200 back against Duke
• Placed 16th in the 100 back at ACCs
• Swam season-bests in the 100 back (49.09), 200 back (1:46.95), and 100 fly (49.90) at the conference meet
• Best dual meet finish was third in the 200 back against NC State
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke
• 11-time All-American
• Led Upper St. Clair to the 2011 Pennsylvania state title
• Twice won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also crowned the 2010 state champion in the 100 butterfly
• Finished sixth in 200 backstroke at 2010 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Placed seventh in the 100 butterfly and ninth in the 100 backstroke at the 2009 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Member of Athletes Taking Action
• National Honor Society member
• Son of Linda and Chester Dudzinski
• Has a younger brother, Ryan, and a younger sister, Brittany
• Enjoys watching Pittsburgh sports and traveling
• Intends to major in commerce
New Era Begins for Davenport FieldBaseball2/21/18The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a UVA home opener, turned out for the game.Davenport Field Ready for UnveilingBaseball2/20/18No. 15 Virginia hosts VMI at 5 p.m. Tuesday at Davenport Field, which has been expanded and upgraded since the end of last season.Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Records Two Podium Finishes to Open ACC...
Swimming & Diving | 2/21/2018
The Cavaliers finished third in the 200-yard medley relay and the 800-yard freestyle.
Virginia Men Travel to ACC Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 2/20/2018
The No. 23 Cavalier men's team will compete at the 2018 ACC Championships at the Greensboro...
Virginia Captures Women's ACC Championship
Swimming & Diving | 2/17/2018
Virginia won the 2018 Women's ACC Championships, recording the program's 10th conference...
Virginia Paces Third Day of ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/16/2018
The Cavaliers lead the team standings after the third day of competition at the 2018 ACC...
Virginia Sets ACC Record in 200-Yard Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 2/15/2018
Virginia ranks first in the team standings after setting two meet records and an ACC record...
Virginia Opens ACC Championships with Meet Record
Swimming & Diving | 2/14/2018
The Cavaliers rank second in the team standings after the first day of competition with 143 points.
Virginia to Compete at ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 02/13/2018
The women's 1-meter dive will open the conference championships on Wednesday at 10 a.m., while...
Jeff White: Casey Ably Balances Heavy Workload
Swimming & Diving | 02/06/2018
One of the ACC's top distance swimmers, redshirt junior Brendan Casey is a third-year student in ...
- Online Stores