Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three Cavaliers earn honorable mention All-America honors
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 44.64
100 Back: 46.06 (UVa school record)
200 Back: 1:43.06 (7th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 47.51 (10th all-time at UVa)
• Did not compete
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fourth in the 100 back and fifth in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record in the 100 back (46.06) in the prelims at ACCs
• Part of the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that posted the second-fastest UVa mark all-time at ACCs
• Anchored the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that finished with the fourth-fastest time in UVa history
• Qualified as individual for the NCAA Championships for the first time
• Placed 26th in the 100 back and 36th in the 200 back at NCAAs
• Finished eighth in the 100 back, 10th in the 100 fly and 19th in the 50 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Picked up a win in the 200 back against Pitt and the 100 fly against Duke
• Placed eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 14th in the 200 back at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (48.62) and the 100-yard butterfly (49.84) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Notched a season-best time in the 200 back (1:47.22) at the same meet
• Placed third in the 200 back against Duke
• Placed 16th in the 100 back at ACCs
• Swam season-bests in the 100 back (49.09), 200 back (1:46.95), and 100 fly (49.90) at the conference meet
• Best dual meet finish was third in the 200 back against NC State
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke
• 11-time All-American
• Led Upper St. Clair to the 2011 Pennsylvania state title
• Twice won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also crowned the 2010 state champion in the 100 butterfly
• Finished sixth in 200 backstroke at 2010 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Placed seventh in the 100 butterfly and ninth in the 100 backstroke at the 2009 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Member of Athletes Taking Action
• National Honor Society member
• Son of Linda and Chester Dudzinski
• Has a younger brother, Ryan, and a younger sister, Brittany
• Enjoys watching Pittsburgh sports and traveling
• Intends to major in commerce
Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Wins Two Titles on Final Day of ACCs
Swimming & Diving | 2/16/2017
Senior Leah Smith (Pittsburgh, Pa.) won her fourth-straight 1,650 free title and senior Kaitlyn...
Laura Simon Wins 100 Breaststroke Title Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 2/15/2017
Senior Laura Simon (Simmern, Germany) won the 100 breaststroke title on Wednesday at the 2017 ACC...
Smith Wins 500 Free on Second Night of ACCs
Swimming & Diving | 2/14/2017
Senior Leah Smith won her fourth-straight title in the 500 free to lead the No. 8 Virginia women&...
Virginia Wins 800 Free Relay on First Night of ACCs
Swimming & Diving | 2/13/2017
The No. 8 Virginia women’s swimming and diving team won the 800 free relay on the first...
Virginia Opens Quest for 10th-Consecutive ACC Title Monday
Swimming & Diving | 2/11/2017
The No. 8 Virginia women’s swimming and diving team looks to claim a 10th-consecutive ACC...
Achieving Your Dreams: Leah Smith
Swimming & Diving | 2/5/2017
A question and answer session with Smith about her goals and dreams and what advice she would...
Virginia Falls to NC State in Regular Season Finale
Swimming & Diving | 01/28/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams fell to NC State in the...
Virginia Closes Regular Season at NC State Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 01/27/2017
The nationally-ranked Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams close out ...
- Online Stores