Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three Cavaliers earn honorable mention All-America honors
Junior became first diver in school history to advance to championship final at national meet
Kolod places 23rd in 1-meter diving
Cavaliers send 12 swimmers and one diver to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
100 Free: 44.64
100 Back: 46.06 (UVa school record)
200 Back: 1:43.06 (7th all-time at UVa)
100 Fly: 47.51 (10th all-time at UVa)
• Did not compete
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished fourth in the 100 back and fifth in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Broke the school record in the 100 back (46.06) in the prelims at ACCs
• Part of the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that posted the second-fastest UVa mark all-time at ACCs
• Anchored the 200 free relay (1:18.39) that finished with the fourth-fastest time in UVa history
• Qualified as individual for the NCAA Championships for the first time
• Placed 26th in the 100 back and 36th in the 200 back at NCAAs
• Finished eighth in the 100 back, 10th in the 100 fly and 19th in the 50 free at the Ohio State Invitational
• Picked up a win in the 200 back against Pitt and the 100 fly against Duke
• Placed eighth in the 100-yard backstroke and 14th in the 200 back at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (48.62) and the 100-yard butterfly (49.84) at the Georgia Fall Invite
• Notched a season-best time in the 200 back (1:47.22) at the same meet
• Placed third in the 200 back against Duke
• Placed 16th in the 100 back at ACCs
• Swam season-bests in the 100 back (49.09), 200 back (1:46.95), and 100 fly (49.90) at the conference meet
• Best dual meet finish was third in the 200 back against NC State
• 2012 Olympic Trials qualifier in the 100 backstroke and 200 backstroke
• 11-time All-American
• Led Upper St. Clair to the 2011 Pennsylvania state title
• Twice won the Pennsylvania state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also crowned the 2010 state champion in the 100 butterfly
• Finished sixth in 200 backstroke at 2010 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Placed seventh in the 100 butterfly and ninth in the 100 backstroke at the 2009 Short Course Junior National Championships
• Member of Athletes Taking Action
• National Honor Society member
• Son of Linda and Chester Dudzinski
• Has a younger brother, Ryan, and a younger sister, Brittany
• Enjoys watching Pittsburgh sports and traveling
• Intends to major in commerce
'Hoos Learn Painful Lessons in LossMen's Basketball12/3/16No. 6 Virginia's 24-game winning streak at John Paul Jones Arena ended Saturday with a 66-57 loss to No. 25 West Virginia.Soccer Teams Turn Attention to 2017Men's Soccer12/2/16The Virginia men's and women's soccer teams are fixtures in their respective NCAA tournaments, and 2017 should bring more success for both.Home-Court Advantage Proves Pivotal AgainMen's Basketball12/1/16No. 6 Virginia, which hosts No. 25 West Virginia on Saturday afternoon, has won 24 straight games at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Breaks Three School Marks on Second Day at UGA
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2016
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams broke three school records on the second...
UVA Hits Four NCAA Auto Marks on First Day in Georgia
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2016
Four automatic NCAA-qualifying times highlighted the Virginia men’s and women’s...
UVA to Compete at Georgia Fall Invitational This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2016
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams travel to Athens, Ga., this ...
Smith to Compete at FINA Short Course World Champs
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2016
Olympic gold medalist Leah Smith is set to represent the United States at the FINA Short Course...
Shelton Wins Platform Diving at NC State/GAC Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2016
Freshman Bryce Shelton won the men’s platform diving event as the Cavalier diving corps...
UVA Divers to Compete at NC State/GAC Invite Saturday
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2016
The Virginia diving corps will be in action Saturday (Nov. 19) at the NC State/GAC Invite in...
Leah Smith to be Honored on National Girls and Women in...
Swimming & Diving | 11/17/2016
Two-time Olympic Medalist and current Virginia swimmer Leah Smith will be honored on National...
Smith Aids Americans in USA College Challenge Win
Swimming & Diving | 11/13/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Leah Smith won three events and helped the American squad defeat an all-s...
- Online Stores