Marrkand set a school record in the 200-yard butterfly
Johnson and Towbin punch first tickets to national meet
Virginia Career Bests
1-meter: 291.90 (4th all-time at UVA)
3-meter: 344.25 (4th all-time at UVA)
Platform: 265.05 (2nd all-time at UVA)
• Competed in the NCAA Championships in the 3-meter dive (36th) and platform (26th)
• Finished fifth in the platform dive, seventh in the 3-meter dive and seventh in the 1-meter dive at the ACC Championships
• Placed second in the platform dive, 11th in the 3-meter dive and 17th in the 1-meter dive NCAA Zone A Championships
• Won the 3-meter dive against Michigan and Penn State
• Named to the CSCAA Scholar All-America Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Became first Virginia female freshman diver to qualify for NCAA Championships
• Qualifed for NCAAs after finishing third on platform at NCAA Zone Diving Championships
• Placed 16th on 3-meter and 19th on platform at ACC Championships
• Finished second on 3-meter at ECAC Championships
• Won 3-meter against Michigan and Penn State
• Posted season-best marks on 3-meter (302.90) and platform (265.05) at Zones
• Notched season-best mark on 1-meter (269.25) against Richmond
• Qualified for the USA Diving Junior National Championships in 2013 and 2014
• 2013 high school All-American
• Won 1-meter title and placed second on both 3-meter and platform at 2014 YMCA National Championships
• Connecticut state champion
• Daughter of Nancy and Scott Towbin
• Father, Scott, played Lacrosse for Clarkson University from 1985-89
• Has a younger sister, Hailey
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 3/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
Moroney Leads Cavaliers on Third Day of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/16/2018
Megan Moroney led the Cavaliers on the third day of competition at the NCAA Championships.
Virginia Records Three Podium Finishes on Day Two of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/15/2018
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors on the sconed day of...
Virginia Opens NCAA Championships with All-America Honors
Swimming & Diving | 3/14/2018
Virginia opens the Women's NCAA Championships with a school record and All-America honors in the ...
Virginia Women Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 3/13/2018
The Cavaliers will head to the NCAA Championships with 19 competitors. The four-day meet will...
Johnson, Dusel Earn Automatic Berths in Platform
Swimming & Diving | 03/07/2018
The Cavalier will have four divers compete in the NCAA Championships in the platform. Sydney...
Virginia Men Advance Ten Swimmers to NCAA Championships ...
Swimming & Diving | 03/07/2018
Ten members men's swimming and diving team qualified for individual events at the 2018 NCAA...
- Online Stores