Marrkand set a school record in the 200-yard butterfly
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors during the day
Virginia wins three events
Four incoming freshman post top-eight finishes individual events
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 23.05
100 Free: 49.00
200 Free: 1:46.99
500 Free: 4:51.49
100 Back: 54:35
• Finished 13th in the 200-yard freestyle, 21st in the 100-yard backstroke and 27th in the 100-yard freestyle at the ACC Championships
• Placed 10th in the 100-yard backstroke, 11th in the 100-yard freestyle, 23rd in the 200-yard freestyle and 26th in the 50-yard freestyle at the UGA Fall Invite
• Finished second in 200-yard freestyle and fourth in 100 and 500 free at ECAC Championships
• Set career-best times in 200 free (1:47.04) and 500 free (4:51.49) at ECACs
• Posted career-best mark in 100 free (49.59) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Set season-best marks in the 100 free (50.19), 200 free (1:48.37) and 500 free (4:54.47) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• B Finalist in both 100 and 200 free at the 2013 Speedo Junior National Championships
• USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• NISCA/Speedo High School All-American
• Top 10 percent at Austin High School all four years
• Swam for Longhorn Aquatics
• Daughter of Stacey and Scott Reed
• Has an older brother, Grant, and a younger sister, Leah
• Sister, Leah, swims for Drury University
Blount Eager to Assume Larger RoleFootball3/21/18The job will not be handed to rising sophomore Joey Blount. He'll have to earn it. This is head coach Bronco Mendenhall's program, after all. But after spending the 2017 season as free safety Quin Blanding's understudy, Blount is the leading candidate to take over in the secondary for the University of Virginia's all-time leading tackler.'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 3/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
Moroney Leads Cavaliers on Third Day of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/16/2018
Megan Moroney led the Cavaliers on the third day of competition at the NCAA Championships.
Virginia Records Three Podium Finishes on Day Two of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/15/2018
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors on the sconed day of...
Virginia Opens NCAA Championships with All-America Honors
Swimming & Diving | 03/14/2018
Virginia opens the Women's NCAA Championships with a school record and All-America honors in the ...
Virginia Women Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 03/13/2018
The Cavaliers will head to the NCAA Championships with 19 competitors. The four-day meet will...
- Online Stores