Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three divers qualify for Zone Championships
Meet concludes Sunday
Corbett places third on women's 3-meter
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
Platform: 238.40 (2nd all-time at UVa)
• Set season-best marks on 1-meter (273.53) and 3-meter (238.88) against Virginia Tech
• Earned a season-best 174.10 on platform at the Ohio State Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished sixth on platform, 12th on 3-meter and 13th on 1-meter at Ohio State Invite
• Earned a season-best mark of 277.50 against Navy
• Scored a season-best mark of 257.55 against Navy, placing third
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Broke the school record and finished fourth on the platform (238.40) at NCAA Zones
• Placed 17th on 3m and 24th on 1m at Zones
• Set a career-best mark of 290.35 on 3m against Wisconsin and Virginia Tech
• Posted a season-best mark of 257.55 on 1m with a dual-meet best finish of third against Navy
• Placed eighth on 1m and 13th on platform at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Qualified for the NCAA Zone Championships
• Placed eighth on the platform at the NCAA Zone A Champs
• Earned 16th on the 1-meter and 33rd on the 3-meter at Zones
• Finished second in 1-meter (273.53) against UNC in only meet of season
• Placed fifth in 3-meter (260.63) in same meet
• All-American in 2010 and 2011
• Three-time USA Diving Regional and Zone qualifier
• Two-time runner-up at the Virginia state championships
• Four-time district and regional finalist
• Three-time Virginia AAA state finalist
• 2011 district champion
• Two-time all-met honorable mention
• AAU national qualifier in 2008
• School record holder
• Served as team captain
• Member of National English Honor Society and National Honor Society
• Civic Seal Recipient
• Received Athletic Academic Honors
• Daughter of Richard and Mary Gartrell
• Has two older brothers, Richard and Robert
'Hoos Savor Long-Awaited BreakthroughFootball9/25/16The 'Hoos picked up their first victory of the season -- also their first under head coach Bronco Mendenhall -- Saturday at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Stay Positive in Face of AdversityFootball9/23/16Coming off back-to-back road games, Virginia (0-3) hosts Central Michigan (3-0) at 12:30 p.m. Saturday at Scott Stadium.Darden Workshop Offers Coaches Fresh PerspectiveGeneral Release9/22/16More than a dozen coaches and staffers from UVA Athletics recently participated in a professional development workshop at the Darden School of Business.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Swimming and Diving Announces 2016-17 Schedule
Swimming & Diving | 9/13/2016
Virginia swimming and diving head coach Augie Busch announced the Cavaliers’ 2016-17...
Trio of Cavaliers Named Preseason All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 9/12/2016
A trio of Virginia swimming seniors, Kaitlyn Jones, Laura Simon and Leah Smith, have been named...
Leah Smith Finishes Sixth in 800m Freestyle Final
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith finished sixth in the 800m freestyle final on Friday...
After 20 Years, Thomas has Gained a Golden Perspective
Swimming & Diving | 8/12/2016
Melanie (Valerio) Thomas became UVA swimming and diving's first Olympic gold medalist at the 1996...
Smith Wins Olympic Gold with U.S. 4x200m Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 8/10/2016
Virginia swimming rising senior Leah Smith won Olympic gold with the United States 4x200-meter...
Kaeser Finishes 20th in 200m Breaststroke in Rio
Swimming & Diving | 8/9/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser placed 20th in the men's 200-meter...
Leah Smith Earns Bronze in 400m Freestyle at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/07/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith captured the bronze medal in the women's 400-meter...
Kaeser Wins 100m Breaststroke Heat at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 08/06/2016
Recent UVA swimming graduate Yannick Kaeser competed in the men's 100-meter breaststroke Saturday...
- Online Stores