Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three divers qualify for Zone Championships
Meet concludes Sunday
Corbett places third on women's 3-meter
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
Platform: 238.40 (2nd all-time at UVa)
• Set season-best marks on 1-meter (273.53) and 3-meter (238.88) against Virginia Tech
• Earned a season-best 174.10 on platform at the Ohio State Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished sixth on platform, 12th on 3-meter and 13th on 1-meter at Ohio State Invite
• Earned a season-best mark of 277.50 against Navy
• Scored a season-best mark of 257.55 against Navy, placing third
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Broke the school record and finished fourth on the platform (238.40) at NCAA Zones
• Placed 17th on 3m and 24th on 1m at Zones
• Set a career-best mark of 290.35 on 3m against Wisconsin and Virginia Tech
• Posted a season-best mark of 257.55 on 1m with a dual-meet best finish of third against Navy
• Placed eighth on 1m and 13th on platform at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Qualified for the NCAA Zone Championships
• Placed eighth on the platform at the NCAA Zone A Champs
• Earned 16th on the 1-meter and 33rd on the 3-meter at Zones
• Finished second in 1-meter (273.53) against UNC in only meet of season
• Placed fifth in 3-meter (260.63) in same meet
• All-American in 2010 and 2011
• Three-time USA Diving Regional and Zone qualifier
• Two-time runner-up at the Virginia state championships
• Four-time district and regional finalist
• Three-time Virginia AAA state finalist
• 2011 district champion
• Two-time all-met honorable mention
• AAU national qualifier in 2008
• School record holder
• Served as team captain
• Member of National English Honor Society and National Honor Society
• Civic Seal Recipient
• Received Athletic Academic Honors
• Daughter of Richard and Mary Gartrell
• Has two older brothers, Richard and Robert
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores