Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Three divers qualify for Zone Championships
Meet concludes Sunday
Corbett places third on women's 3-meter
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
Platform: 238.40 (2nd all-time at UVa)
• Set season-best marks on 1-meter (273.53) and 3-meter (238.88) against Virginia Tech
• Earned a season-best 174.10 on platform at the Ohio State Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished sixth on platform, 12th on 3-meter and 13th on 1-meter at Ohio State Invite
• Earned a season-best mark of 277.50 against Navy
• Scored a season-best mark of 257.55 against Navy, placing third
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Broke the school record and finished fourth on the platform (238.40) at NCAA Zones
• Placed 17th on 3m and 24th on 1m at Zones
• Set a career-best mark of 290.35 on 3m against Wisconsin and Virginia Tech
• Posted a season-best mark of 257.55 on 1m with a dual-meet best finish of third against Navy
• Placed eighth on 1m and 13th on platform at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Qualified for the NCAA Zone Championships
• Placed eighth on the platform at the NCAA Zone A Champs
• Earned 16th on the 1-meter and 33rd on the 3-meter at Zones
• Finished second in 1-meter (273.53) against UNC in only meet of season
• Placed fifth in 3-meter (260.63) in same meet
• All-American in 2010 and 2011
• Three-time USA Diving Regional and Zone qualifier
• Two-time runner-up at the Virginia state championships
• Four-time district and regional finalist
• Three-time Virginia AAA state finalist
• 2011 district champion
• Two-time all-met honorable mention
• AAU national qualifier in 2008
• School record holder
• Served as team captain
• Member of National English Honor Society and National Honor Society
• Civic Seal Recipient
• Received Athletic Academic Honors
• Daughter of Richard and Mary Gartrell
• Has two older brothers, Richard and Robert
Blount Eager to Assume Larger RoleFootball3/21/18The job will not be handed to rising sophomore Joey Blount. He'll have to earn it. This is head coach Bronco Mendenhall's program, after all. But after spending the 2017 season as free safety Quin Blanding's understudy, Blount is the leading candidate to take over in the secondary for the University of Virginia's all-time leading tackler.'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 3/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
Moroney Leads Cavaliers on Third Day of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/16/2018
Megan Moroney led the Cavaliers on the third day of competition at the NCAA Championships.
Virginia Records Three Podium Finishes on Day Two of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/15/2018
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors on the sconed day of...
Virginia Opens NCAA Championships with All-America Honors
Swimming & Diving | 03/14/2018
Virginia opens the Women's NCAA Championships with a school record and All-America honors in the ...
Virginia Women Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 03/13/2018
The Cavaliers will head to the NCAA Championships with 19 competitors. The four-day meet will...
- Online Stores