Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers break three school records Sunday
Smith posts four top-six finishes
Rising sophomore Leah Smith qualifies for U.S. Pan Pacific Championship Team
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
100 Breast: 1:01.24 (5th all-time at UVa)
200 Breast: 2:12.71 (8th all-time at UVa)
200 IM: 2:02.13
• Placed eighth in 200-yard breaststroke and 22nd in 100 breast at ACC Championships
• Set a career-best 200 IM (2:02.13) at ACCs
• Posted season-best marks in 100 breast (1:02.52) and 200 breast (2:13.13) at ACCs
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed 14th in the 200 breast and 18th in the 100 breast at the ACC Championships
• Set a career-best time in the 200 IM (2:02.36) at ACCs
• Notched season-best marks in the 100 breast (1:02.19) and the 200 breast (2:13.56) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished eighth in the 100 breast and ninth in the 200 breast at the ACC Championships
• Set career-best times in the 100 breast (1:01.24) and 200 breast (2:12.71) at ACCs
• Also placed 27th in the 200 IM in a career-best 2:02.64 at ACCs
• Touched fourth in the 100 breast and fifth in the 200 breast at the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed eighth in 200-yard breaststroke and 11th in 100 breast at ACCs
• Season-best time in 100 breast (1:02.90) came in championship final at conference meet
• Set season-best time in 200 breast (2:15.47) in prelims at ACCs
• Won the 100 breast and 200 breast at Cavalier Invite
• Named ACC Swimmer of the Week for efforts at Cavalier Invite
• Picked up a dual-meet win in the 100 breast against Navy
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the 200 medley relay that won the Virginia AAA state title that broke the state record
• Two-time Honorable Mention All-Met by the Washington Post
• Named to the All-Area Team four times by the Prince William Journal Messenger
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Served as team captain her senior year
• Was MVP of Battlefield three times, including one High Point Award
• Two-time Potomac Valley Scholar Athlete
• Graduated cum laude
• Member of the Spanish Honor Society
• Daughter of Gary and Lee Ann Martin
• Has two brothers, Gary and Bud
• Coached by Jay Thorpe at Battlefield
• Swam under former Olympian Jeremy Linn at CUBU
Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.Hard-Earned Break Next for Top-Ranked 'HoosMen's Basketball2/14/18No. 1 Virginia, which defeated ACC rival Miami 59-50 late Tuesday night in Coral Gables, Fla., doesn't play again until next Wednesday night.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Paces Third Day of ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/16/2018
The Cavaliers lead the team standings after the third day of competition at the 2018 ACC...
Virginia Sets ACC Record in 200-Yard Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 2/15/2018
Virginia ranks first in the team standings after setting two meet records and an ACC record...
Virginia Opens ACC Championships with Meet Record
Swimming & Diving | 2/14/2018
The Cavaliers rank second in the team standings after the first day of competition with 143 points.
Virginia to Compete at ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/13/2018
The women's 1-meter dive will open the conference championships on Wednesday at 10 a.m., while...
Jeff White: Casey Ably Balances Heavy Workload
Swimming & Diving | 2/6/2018
One of the ACC's top distance swimmers, redshirt junior Brendan Casey is a third-year student in ...
Virginia Records CSCAA All-Academic Team Honors
Swimming & Diving | 1/29/2018
The women’s team recorded the honor with a 3.27 grade point average, while the men’s ...
Towbin Named ACC Diver of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 01/23/2018
Virginia junior Kylie Towbin (New Canaan, Conn.) was named ACC Diver of the Week, as announced by...
Virginia Defeats North Carolina
Swimming & Diving | 01/20/2018
The No. 8 Virginia women ended the year undefeated in dual competition with a, 196-104, win over ...
- Online Stores