Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Cavaliers break three school records Sunday
Smith posts four top-six finishes
Rising sophomore Leah Smith qualifies for U.S. Pan Pacific Championship Team
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Virginia Career Bests
100 Breast: 1:01.24 (5th all-time at UVa)
200 Breast: 2:12.71 (8th all-time at UVa)
200 IM: 2:02.13
• Placed eighth in 200-yard breaststroke and 22nd in 100 breast at ACC Championships
• Set a career-best 200 IM (2:02.13) at ACCs
• Posted season-best marks in 100 breast (1:02.52) and 200 breast (2:13.13) at ACCs
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed 14th in the 200 breast and 18th in the 100 breast at the ACC Championships
• Set a career-best time in the 200 IM (2:02.36) at ACCs
• Notched season-best marks in the 100 breast (1:02.19) and the 200 breast (2:13.56) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished eighth in the 100 breast and ninth in the 200 breast at the ACC Championships
• Set career-best times in the 100 breast (1:01.24) and 200 breast (2:12.71) at ACCs
• Also placed 27th in the 200 IM in a career-best 2:02.64 at ACCs
• Touched fourth in the 100 breast and fifth in the 200 breast at the Ohio State Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed eighth in 200-yard breaststroke and 11th in 100 breast at ACCs
• Season-best time in 100 breast (1:02.90) came in championship final at conference meet
• Set season-best time in 200 breast (2:15.47) in prelims at ACCs
• Won the 100 breast and 200 breast at Cavalier Invite
• Named ACC Swimmer of the Week for efforts at Cavalier Invite
• Picked up a dual-meet win in the 100 breast against Navy
• Named to the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Part of the 200 medley relay that won the Virginia AAA state title that broke the state record
• Two-time Honorable Mention All-Met by the Washington Post
• Named to the All-Area Team four times by the Prince William Journal Messenger
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Served as team captain her senior year
• Was MVP of Battlefield three times, including one High Point Award
• Two-time Potomac Valley Scholar Athlete
• Graduated cum laude
• Member of the Spanish Honor Society
• Daughter of Gary and Lee Ann Martin
• Has two brothers, Gary and Bud
• Coached by Jay Thorpe at Battlefield
• Swam under former Olympian Jeremy Linn at CUBU
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 03/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 03/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
- Online Stores