National meet to be held in Atlanta March 16-19
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
2016: 200 Free Relay, 800 Free Relay, 200 Free (HM), 200 Back (HM), 400 Free Relay (HM)
2016: 800 Free Relay
2016: 200 Free, 800 Free Relay
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 22.41 (4th all-time at UVA)
100 Free: 48.15 (2nd all-time at UVA)
200 Free: 1:44.32 (3rd all-time at UVA)
500 Free: 4:42.65 (10th all-time at UVA)
100 Back: 53.00 (7th all-time at UVA)
200 Back: 1:52.02 (2nd all-time at UVA)
100 Fly: 53.19 (9th all-time at UVa)
• Earned All-America honors with fifth-place 800-yard freestyle relay and sixth-place 200 free relay at NCAA Championships
• Placed 11th in 200 free and 200 backstroke at NCAAs to earn honorable mention All-America honors
• Took home honorable mention All-America honors with 10th-place 400 free relay at NCAAs
• ACC Champion as part of 800 free relay
• Earned All-ACC honors with third-place finish in 200 free at ACC Championships
• Also placed fourth in 200 back and 10th in 500 free at ACCs
• Set season-best marks in 50 free (22.41), 100 free (48.15), 200 free (1:44.32), 500 free (4:42.65) and 200 back (1:52.02) at NCAAs
• Posted season-best times in 100 back (53.00) and 100 fly (53.19) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Won 200 free against Virginia Tech and Towson
• Seven-time Florida state champion (4x-100 fly, 3x-200 free)
• NISCA/Speedo High School All-American
• USA Scholastic All-American
• Two-time Sun-Sentinel Swimmer of the Year
• Placed 13th in the 100m free and 15th in the 200m free at he 2015 Phillips 66 National Championships
• Daughter of Tracy and Daniel Moroney
Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Captures Women's ACC Championship
Swimming & Diving | 2/17/2018
Virginia won the 2018 Women's ACC Championships, recording the program's 10th conference...
Virginia Paces Third Day of ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/16/2018
The Cavaliers lead the team standings after the third day of competition at the 2018 ACC...
Virginia Sets ACC Record in 200-Yard Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 2/15/2018
Virginia ranks first in the team standings after setting two meet records and an ACC record...
Virginia Opens ACC Championships with Meet Record
Swimming & Diving | 2/14/2018
The Cavaliers rank second in the team standings after the first day of competition with 143 points.
Virginia to Compete at ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/13/2018
The women's 1-meter dive will open the conference championships on Wednesday at 10 a.m., while...
Jeff White: Casey Ably Balances Heavy Workload
Swimming & Diving | 2/6/2018
One of the ACC's top distance swimmers, redshirt junior Brendan Casey is a third-year student in ...
Virginia Records CSCAA All-Academic Team Honors
Swimming & Diving | 01/29/2018
The women’s team recorded the honor with a 3.27 grade point average, while the men’s ...
Towbin Named ACC Diver of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 01/23/2018
Virginia junior Kylie Towbin (New Canaan, Conn.) was named ACC Diver of the Week, as announced by...
- Online Stores