Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Virginia sits in fourth place
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 21.93
100 Free: 46.64
200 Free: 1:38.12
500 Free: 4:24.60
1,000 Free: 9:18.95
1,650 Free: 15:26.25
• Won the 500-yard freestyle at the ECAC Championships
• Finished second in the 1650-yard freestyle and fourth in the 200-yard freestyle, at the ECAC Championships
• Placed 11th in the 500-yard freestyle, 14th in the 1650-yard freestyle and 21st in the 200-yard freestyle at the UGA Fall Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed 19th in 500-yard freestyle and 21st in 1,650 free at ACC Championships
• Set career-best marks in the 500 free (4:24.73) and 1,650 free (15:26.62) at ACCs
• Posted a career-best 200 free (1:38.12) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Placed 24th in the 1,650 free in a season-best time (15:32.00) at the ACC Championships
• Also set a season-best mark in the 200 free (1:38.51) at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 100 free (47.19) and 500 free (4:26.64) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Six-time member of the Turkish National Team
• Represented Turkey at the 2013 European Junior Open Water Championships
• Placed fourth in the 1,500m free and fifth in the 400m free at the 2014 Turkish National Championships
• Team captain for both ENKA High School and ENKA Sports Club
• Earned academic honors at ENKA
• Son of Sinan and Nazli Tara
• Has two older siblings, Esra and Mehmet
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores