Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Virginia sits in fourth place
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Virginia Career Bests
50 Free: 21.93
100 Free: 46.64
200 Free: 1:38.12
500 Free: 4:24.60
1,000 Free: 9:18.95
1,650 Free: 15:26.25
• Won the 500-yard freestyle at the ECAC Championships
• Finished second in the 1650-yard freestyle and fourth in the 200-yard freestyle, at the ECAC Championships
• Placed 11th in the 500-yard freestyle, 14th in the 1650-yard freestyle and 21st in the 200-yard freestyle at the UGA Fall Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed 19th in 500-yard freestyle and 21st in 1,650 free at ACC Championships
• Set career-best marks in the 500 free (4:24.73) and 1,650 free (15:26.62) at ACCs
• Posted a career-best 200 free (1:38.12) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Placed 24th in the 1,650 free in a season-best time (15:32.00) at the ACC Championships
• Also set a season-best mark in the 200 free (1:38.51) at ACCs
• Posted season-best times in the 100 free (47.19) and 500 free (4:26.64) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Six-time member of the Turkish National Team
• Represented Turkey at the 2013 European Junior Open Water Championships
• Placed fourth in the 1,500m free and fifth in the 400m free at the 2014 Turkish National Championships
• Team captain for both ENKA High School and ENKA Sports Club
• Earned academic honors at ENKA
• Son of Sinan and Nazli Tara
• Has two older siblings, Esra and Mehmet
Prime Opportunity Eludes CavaliersWomen's Basketball2/18/18Virginia, which lost Sunday to ACC rival Miami at John Paul Jones Arena, has two regular-season games remaining, both on the road.Jackson Comfortable in Leading RoleWomen's Lacrosse2/16/18As a sophomore last season, Maggie Jackson led the Cavaliers in points, ground balls and draw controls and tied for the lead in assists.Eikhoff Eager to Assume Larger RoleBaseball2/15/18No. 15 Virginia, which opens the season Friday against No. 22 Central Florida, is counting on production from junior infield Nate Eikhoff.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Captures Women's ACC Championship
Swimming & Diving | 2/17/2018
Virginia won the 2018 Women's ACC Championships, recording the program's 10th conference...
Virginia Paces Third Day of ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/16/2018
The Cavaliers lead the team standings after the third day of competition at the 2018 ACC...
Virginia Sets ACC Record in 200-Yard Freestyle Relay
Swimming & Diving | 2/15/2018
Virginia ranks first in the team standings after setting two meet records and an ACC record...
Virginia Opens ACC Championships with Meet Record
Swimming & Diving | 2/14/2018
The Cavaliers rank second in the team standings after the first day of competition with 143 points.
Virginia to Compete at ACC Championships
Swimming & Diving | 2/13/2018
The women's 1-meter dive will open the conference championships on Wednesday at 10 a.m., while...
Jeff White: Casey Ably Balances Heavy Workload
Swimming & Diving | 2/6/2018
One of the ACC's top distance swimmers, redshirt junior Brendan Casey is a third-year student in ...
Virginia Records CSCAA All-Academic Team Honors
Swimming & Diving | 01/29/2018
The women’s team recorded the honor with a 3.27 grade point average, while the men’s ...
Towbin Named ACC Diver of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 01/23/2018
Virginia junior Kylie Towbin (New Canaan, Conn.) was named ACC Diver of the Week, as announced by...
- Online Stores