Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavaliers win 10 events
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Swimming vs. Wisconsin/Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Virginia Career Bests
100 Back: 49.22
200 Back: 1:46.37
100 Breast: 1:00.75
200 IM: 1:49.57
400 IM: 3:57.01
• Placed 23rd in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (49.22) and 200 IM (1:49.57) at ACCs
• Posted a career-best time in the 200 back (1:46.37) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Won the 200 back at the Cavalier Invite in a career-best time 1:46.79
• Also placed second in the 400 IM and 100 back at the Cavalier Invite
• Set career-best mark in the 100 back (50.02) at the Cavalier Invite and 400 IM (3:58.02) at the Ohio State Invite
• Placed 17th in the 400 IM, 18th in the 200 back and 22nd in the 100 back and 200 IM at the OSU Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Won the 200-yard backstroke and the 400-yard individual medley at the Cavalier Invite
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (50.66), 200 back (1:47.63) and the 400 IM (3:55.32) at the Cavalier Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Competed in the three meets, against NC State, Pitt and against Penn State and Indiana
• Swam the 200 back in all three meets, including a fifth-place finish against Pitt
• Five-time All-American
• Won the Virginia state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also second in the 200 IM at the state meet as a senior
• 2011 First Team All-Met
• Served as team captain
• Named McLean High School's Most Valuable Swimmer all four years
• Senior National Qualifier
• Three-time Potomac Valley Outstanding Athlete
• Placed fifth in the 200 backstroke at the 2009 Junior National Championships
• Finished eighth in the 100 backstroke at the 2011 Junior National Championships
• Member of National Honor Society, Math Honor Society and Science Honor Society
• Potomac Valley Scholar Athlete
• Son of Doug and Sue Putnam
• Has an older sister, Taylor
• Intends to major in civil and environmental engineering
Diakite's Impact Growing for CavaliersMen's Basketball12/15/17Redshirt sophomore Mamadi Diakite has been a positive presence around the basket for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts Davidson on Saturday afternoon at JPJ.Welsh Connection Adds to Bowl StorylinesFootball12/14/17Virginia (6-6) meets Navy (6-6) in the Military Bowl, Dec. 28 in Annapolis, Md. George Welsh is a former head coach of each team.Cooper Thriving Under New StaffSwimming & Diving12/12/17A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record in the 50-yard freestyle early this month in Athens, Georgia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Jeff White: Cooper Thriving Under New Staff
Swimming & Diving | 12/12/2017
A senior from Atlanta and one of the team's captains, Caitlin Cooper set the UVA women's record...
Fong Named ACC Swimmer of the Week
Swimming & Diving | 12/5/2017
Junior Zach Fong (Moorestown, N.J.) was named ACC Men’s Swimmer of the Week as announced by...
Virginia Concludes UGA Fall Invite with Two School Records
Swimming & Diving | 12/3/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams concluded the final day of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Concludes Second Day at Georgia Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/2/2017
The women’s team concluded the day in fourth place (389.5 points), while the men’s...
Cooper Records UVA Record on Day One of UGA Fall Invite
Swimming & Diving | 12/1/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s swim teams completed day one of the Georgia Fall...
Virginia Competes at Georgia Fall Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/30/2017
The Virginia will compete at the Georgia Fall Invitational this weekend (Dec. 1-3) in Athens, Ga....
Virginia Diving Concludes Frank Elm Invitational
Swimming & Diving | 11/19/2017
Junior Kylie Towbin finished first in the platform with a score of 270.05, setting a UVA record...
Virginia Diving Finishes Second Day of Frank Elm Invite
Swimming & Diving | 11/18/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s diving teams concluded the second day of competition...
- Online Stores