Conference has record 4,143 student-athletes recognized
Both men’s and women’s programs honored
Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavaliers win 10 events
Conference has record 3,967 student-athletes recognized
Swimming vs. Wisconsin/Virginia Tech (by Matt Riley)
Virginia Career Bests
100 Back: 49.22
200 Back: 1:46.37
100 Breast: 1:00.75
200 IM: 1:49.57
400 IM: 3:57.01
• Placed 23rd in the 200 back at the ACC Championships
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (49.22) and 200 IM (1:49.57) at ACCs
• Posted a career-best time in the 200 back (1:46.37) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Won the 200 back at the Cavalier Invite in a career-best time 1:46.79
• Also placed second in the 400 IM and 100 back at the Cavalier Invite
• Set career-best mark in the 100 back (50.02) at the Cavalier Invite and 400 IM (3:58.02) at the Ohio State Invite
• Placed 17th in the 400 IM, 18th in the 200 back and 22nd in the 100 back and 200 IM at the OSU Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Won the 200-yard backstroke and the 400-yard individual medley at the Cavalier Invite
• Set career-best times in the 100 back (50.66), 200 back (1:47.63) and the 400 IM (3:55.32) at the Cavalier Invite
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Competed in the three meets, against NC State, Pitt and against Penn State and Indiana
• Swam the 200 back in all three meets, including a fifth-place finish against Pitt
• Five-time All-American
• Won the Virginia state championship in the 100 backstroke
• Also second in the 200 IM at the state meet as a senior
• 2011 First Team All-Met
• Served as team captain
• Named McLean High School's Most Valuable Swimmer all four years
• Senior National Qualifier
• Three-time Potomac Valley Outstanding Athlete
• Placed fifth in the 200 backstroke at the 2009 Junior National Championships
• Finished eighth in the 100 backstroke at the 2011 Junior National Championships
• Member of National Honor Society, Math Honor Society and Science Honor Society
• Potomac Valley Scholar Athlete
• Son of Doug and Sue Putnam
• Has an older sister, Taylor
• Intends to major in civil and environmental engineering
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores