Virginia wins three events
Women's ACC Championships start Wednesday
Virginia Career Bests
100 Back: 50.91
200 Back: 1:48.34
200 IM: 1:51.54
400 IM: 3:55.68
• Placed fourth in 400-yard individual medley and ninth in 200 backstroke at ECAC Championships
• Set career-best 100 back (50.91) at ECACs
• Posted season-best marks in 200 back (1:49.03) and 400 IM (3:57.97) at ECACs
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Set a career-best in the 200 IM (1:51.54) at the Virginia Tech Invitational
• Posted career-best marks in the 200 back (1:48.34) and 400 IM (3:55.68) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 400 IM at the Cavalier Invite in a season-best time of 3:56.64
• Also placed fourth in the 200 back in a season-best time of 1:51.57
• Set season-best times in the 100 back (53.19) and 200 IM (1:52.65) at the Ohio State Invite
• Eight-time Kentucky state record holder
• High School All-American
• Named to all-region squad all four years
• 2013 St. Xavier MVP
• Five-time Lakeside Swim Team MVP
• U.S. National Championship and World Championship Trials qualifier
• Son of Leah and Bob Leasure
• Has two sisters, Molly and Mary
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores