Virginia wins three events
Women's ACC Championships start Wednesday
Virginia Career Bests
100 Back: 50.91
200 Back: 1:48.34
200 IM: 1:51.54
400 IM: 3:55.68
• Placed fourth in 400-yard individual medley and ninth in 200 backstroke at ECAC Championships
• Set career-best 100 back (50.91) at ECACs
• Posted season-best marks in 200 back (1:49.03) and 400 IM (3:57.97) at ECACs
• Set a career-best in the 200 IM (1:51.54) at the Virginia Tech Invitational
• Posted career-best marks in the 200 back (1:48.34) and 400 IM (3:55.68) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 400 IM at the Cavalier Invite in a season-best time of 3:56.64
• Also placed fourth in the 200 back in a season-best time of 1:51.57
• Set season-best times in the 100 back (53.19) and 200 IM (1:52.65) at the Ohio State Invite
• Eight-time Kentucky state record holder
• High School All-American
• Named to all-region squad all four years
• 2013 St. Xavier MVP
• Five-time Lakeside Swim Team MVP
• U.S. National Championship and World Championship Trials qualifier
• Son of Leah and Bob Leasure
• Has two sisters, Molly and Mary
Culture Change Under Way for UVA FootballFootball7/21/16Head coach Bronco Mendenhall, center Jackson Matteo and linebacker Micah Kiser represented Virginia at the ACC Football Kickoff on Thursday.Turner Embraces New Challenge at UVAMen's Lacrosse7/18/16Former UVA men's lacrosse standout Kip Turner is back at his alma mater as an assistant on new head coach Lars Tiffany's staff.Hunter Finds Comfort Zone at UVAMen's Basketball7/15/16The Virginia men's basketball team's freshman class includes De'Andre Hunter, a 6-7 forward from Philadelphia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Kaeser to Represent Swiss in Swimming at Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 7/15/2016
Virginia swimming class of 2016 graduate Yannick Kaeser has been selected to represent his native...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Rio Olympics in 800m Free
Swimming & Diving | 7/2/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith qualified for the Rio Olympics in the women’s 800...
Leah Smith Officially Punches Ticket to Rio Olympics
Swimming & Diving | 6/29/2016
Virginia rising senior swimmer Leah Smith officially punched her ticket to the 2016 Olympic Games...
Leah Smith Qualifies for Olympic Games in 400m Free
Swimming & Diving | 6/27/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith finished second in the women's 400-meter freestyle at the U.S. ...
Cavalier Swimmers Head to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 6/23/2016
A total of 34 swimmers with ties to Virginia are set to compete at the upcoming U.S. Olympic Team...
Twelve Cavaliers Named CSCAA Scholar All-Americans
Swimming & Diving | 6/22/2016
Twelve members of the Virginia swimming and diving program have been honored by the CSCAA as 2016...
Smith Wins Three Events at Arena Pro Series in Indy
Swimming & Diving | 06/06/2016
Virginia rising senior Leah Smith won three events at the Arena Pro Swim Series in Indianapolis, ...
Buergler Named to CoSIDA Academic All-District Team
Swimming & Diving | 05/12/2016
Virginia senior diver Carl Buergler has been named to the College Sports Information Directors of...
- Online Stores