Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavaliers break three school records Sunday
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Cavalier men fall to top-ranked Wolverines, No. 18 Nittany Lions
Cavaliers win 10 events
Virginia Career Best Times
200 Free: 1:41.07
500 Free: 4:26.65
1,000 Free: 9:13.26
1,650 Free: 15:21.54
200 Fly: 1:51.81
• Recorded season-best times in 200-yard freestyle (1:42.75), 500 free (4:30.80) and 1,650 free (16:04.30) at UGA Fall Invitational
• Placed 19th in the 1,650 free in a career-best time of 15:21.54 at ACCs
• Posted a season-best time in the 500 free (4:28.31) at ACCs
• Earned a career-best time in the 200 free (1:41.07) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 1,000 free against Navy
• Placed 15th in the 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Also finished 25th in the 500 free and 32nd in the 200 fly at ACCs
• Set a career-best time in the 200 fly (1:51.81) at ACCs
• Finished 10th in the mile, 16th in the 500 free, 20th in the 200 fly and 26th in the 200 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Posted career-best times in the 200 free (1:41.54) and 1,650 free (15:26.50) at the OSU Invite
• Won the 1,650-yard freestyle in a career-best time 15:28.35 at the Cavalier Invite
• Picked up a win in the 1,000 free against Duke in a season-best time of 9:18.04
• Set season-best times in the 500 free (4:26.65) and 200-yard butterfly (1:53.61) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• A U.S. Olympic Trials qualifier
• Named Maryland State Swimmer of the Year for age 16 and 17
• Holds the Virginia state record in the open group for the 800, 1,000 and 1,650 free
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Son of Vanessa Fentress
• Coached by Craig Clift at Burkwood Aquatic Club
NCAA Quest Begins for Iceland NativeTrack & Field, Cross Country5/24/18A three-time ACC champion in the hammer throw, Virginia junior Hilmar Jonsson competes Thursday at the NCAA East Preliminary meet in Tampa, Fla.Lynch Shines Again in His Season FinaleBaseball5/23/18In what was probably his final appearance for UVA, junior left-hander Daniel Lynch struck out seven Tuesday against Florida State in the ACC tournament.UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores