Casey places fifth in 1,650 free
Cavaliers break three school records Sunday
Three school records Saturday brings total to eight through two days
Cavalier men fall to top-ranked Wolverines, No. 18 Nittany Lions
Cavaliers win 10 events
Virginia Career Best Times
200 Free: 1:41.07
500 Free: 4:26.65
1,000 Free: 9:13.26
1,650 Free: 15:21.54
200 Fly: 1:51.81
• Placed 19th in the 1,650 free in a career-best time of 15:21.54 at ACCs
• Posted a season-best time in the 500 free (4:28.31) at ACCs
• Earned a career-best time in the 200 free (1:41.07) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Won the 1,000 free against Navy
• Placed 15th in the 1,650 free at the ACC Championships
• Also finished 25th in the 500 free and 32nd in the 200 fly at ACCs
• Set a career-best time in the 200 fly (1:51.81) at ACCs
• Finished 10th in the mile, 16th in the 500 free, 20th in the 200 fly and 26th in the 200 free at the Ohio State Invite
• Posted career-best times in the 200 free (1:41.54) and 1,650 free (15:26.50) at the OSU Invite
• Won the 1,650-yard freestyle in a career-best time 15:28.35 at the Cavalier Invite
• Picked up a win in the 1,000 free against Duke in a season-best time of 9:18.04
• Set season-best times in the 500 free (4:26.65) and 200-yard butterfly (1:53.61) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• A U.S. Olympic Trials qualifier
• Named Maryland State Swimmer of the Year for age 16 and 17
• Holds the Virginia state record in the open group for the 800, 1,000 and 1,650 free
• A USA Swimming Scholastic All-American
• Son of Vanessa Fentress
• Coached by Craig Clift at Burkwood Aquatic Club
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Virginia Tech WeekFootball11/24/15At noon Saturday, Virginia (4-7, 3-4) closes the season against Virginia Tech (5-6, 3-4) at Scott Stadium.'Hoos Hit Their Stride In CharlestonMen's Basketball11/23/15In winning the Charleston (S.C.) Classic, the Virginia men's basketball team posted an average margin of victory of 25.7 points.Johns Continues Late-Season SurgeFootball11/21/15A career day from quarterback Matt Johns helped Virginia defeated ACC rival Duke 42-34 in a Coastal Division game Saturday at Scott Stadium.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Women's Swimming and Diving Rises to No. 1 in...
Swimming & Diving | 11/4/2015
For the first time in program history, the Virginia women's swimming and diving program has been ...
Virginia Women Defeat Michigan and Penn State, Men Earn Split
Swimming & Diving | 11/1/2015
The No. 4 Virginia women's swimming and diving team defeated Michigan and Penn State Sunday (Nov....
Virginia Finishes Day One Action against Michigan, Penn State
Swimming & Diving | 10/31/2015
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving team finished day one action against Michigan ...
Virginia to Compete against Michigan, Penn State This Weekend
Swimming & Diving | 10/30/2015
The Virginia men's and women's swimming and diving teams travel to Ann Arbor, Mich., this weekend...
Bartholomew, Smith to Represent U.S. in Duel in the Pool
Swimming & Diving | 10/22/2015
Virginia swimmers Courtney Bartholomew and Leah Smith have been named to the American squad that ...
Virginia Splits with Tennessee to Open Season
Swimming & Diving | 10/16/2015
The Virginia swimming and diving teams picked up a split against Tennessee Friday afternoon (Oct....
Virginia Opens Season with Home Dual against Tennessee
Swimming & Diving | 10/15/2015
The Virginia men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams will open their 2015-16...
Winter Sports Meet The Teams Day Set for Sunday, Oct. 18
Swimming & Diving | 10/02/2015
The Virginia men's and women's basketball, men's and women's swimming & diving, and wrestling...
- Online Stores