Four student-athletes named for third time
Senior swimmer earns first-team All-America honors
Fong sets personal best in 100-yard butterfly
Meet to be held March 23-26 in Atlanta
Kaeser, Smith named swimmers of the week, Corbett named diver of the week
2015: 100 Breast (HM)
2014: 200 Breast (HM)
2014: 100 Breast, 200 Breast
2013: 200 Breast
Virginia Career Bests
100 Breast: 52.47 (UVa School Record)
200 Breast: 1:53.71 (UVa School Record)
200 IM: 1:47.54
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors in the 100 breast, placing 16th at the NCAA Championships
• Also placed 23rd in the 200 breast at NCAAs
• Broke the school record in the 100 breast (52.47) at the Georgia Fall Invitational
• Finished seventh in the 100 breast and ninth in the 200 breast at the ACC Championships
• Went undefeated in the 100 breast and 200 breast in dual meets
• Won the Swiss national title in the 100m breast and 200m breast, placed 2nd in the 50m breast
• Set a new Swiss record in the 100m breast (1:01.66) and a new Swiss Championship record in the 200m breast (2:12.33)
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Represented Switzerland at the FINA World Championships in Kazan, Russia
• Broke two Swiss national records at Worlds in the 100m breast and 200m breast
• Placed 18th in the 200m breast in 2:11.65 and 26th in the 100m breast in 1:00.94
• Earned honorable mention All-America honors in the 200 breast, placing 16th at the NCAA Championships
• Broke the school record in the 200 breast (1:53.71) in the prelims
• Also placed 17th in the 100 breast at NCAAs
• Earned All-ACC honors with second-place finishes in both the 100 and 200 breast at the ACC Championships
• Part of the 200 medley relay (1:24.98) that broke the school record and the 400 medley relay (3:08.64) that ranks second all-time in school history at ACCs
• Set career-best marks in the 100 breast (52.88) and 200 IM (1:47.93) at ACCs
• Finished second in the 100 breast and third in the 200 breast at the Ohio State Invite
• Picked up four dual-meet wins (2x 100 breast, 2x 200 breast)
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Earned all-conference honors with a third-place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke at ACCs
• Placed sixth in the 100 breast at the conference meet
• Posted season-best times in the 100 breast (53.97), 200 breast (1:56.98) and 200-yard individual medley (1:49.38) at ACCs
• Picked up three dual-meet wins in the 100 breast
• Selected to represent Switzerland at the 2013 World University Games in Kazan, Russia
• Qualified for the semifinals in the 200m breast, finishing 15th, at the World University Games
• Placed 26th in the 100m breast and 29th in the 50m breast at the WUGs
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished 24th in the 200m breaststroke for Switzerland at the 2012 London Olympics
• Placed seventh in 200m breast at 2012 European Championships
• Broke the Swiss long course national record in 200m breast at 2012 Swiss Championships (2:12.99)
• Finished 18th in the 200m breast at the 2011 European Short Course Championships (2:09.99 - national record)
• Son of Martin and Regula Kaeser
• Has a brother, Pascal
Cavaliers Roll Into Exam BreakBaseball5/4/16No. 13 Virginia, which is off until May 13, when ACC foe Georgia Tech visits Davenport Field, has won six games in a row.Cavaliers' Margin for Error GoneMen's Lacrosse4/29/16To become eligible for an NCAA men's lacrosse tournament bid, Virginia (7-7) must upset second-ranked Brown (13-1) on Saturday night.UVA Spring Football NotebookFootball4/27/16With spring practice over, Virginia head coach Bronco Mendenhall and his assistants have turned their focus to recruiting.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Malcolm Brogdon and Leah Smith UVA's Top Athletes
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2016
Malcolm Brogdon (men's basketball) and Leah Smith (women's swimming) were honored as Virginia's...
13 Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/25/2016
The Virginia swimming and diving team had 13 members named to the All-ACC Academic Swimming and...
Swimming and Diving Adds Kyle Ward to 2016 Signing Class
Swimming & Diving | 4/20/2016
Virginia head swimming and diving coach Augie Busch has announced that Kyle Ward (Bartlesville,...
Jeff White: Smith Shifts Focus to Olympic Trials
Swimming & Diving | 4/4/2016
Next up for junior Leah Smith, who has won four individual NCAA titles during her UVA career, are...
Busch Named ACC Women’s Swimming Coach of the Year
Swimming & Diving | 3/31/2016
Virginia head swimming and diving coach Augie Busch has been named ACC Women’s Swimming...
Kaeser Finishes Seventh in 200 Breast at NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/26/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Yannick Kaeser earned first-team All-America honors in the 200-yard...
Kaeser Places 14th in 100 Breast at NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/25/2016
Virginia senior swimmer Yannick Kaeser earned honorable mention All-Ameirca honors in the 100-yar...
UVA Finishes Action on Second Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/24/2016
The Virginia men’s swimming and diving team finished action on the second day of the NCAA...
- Online Stores