Four underclassmen to represent Cavaliers in NCAA Championships in Indianapolis
Fong sets personal best in 100-yard butterfly
Meet to be held March 23-26 in Atlanta
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Virginia Career Bests
100 Fly:46.95 (5th all-time at UVA)
200 Fly:1:42.85 (2nd all-time at UVA)
400 IM: 3:48.45
• Qualified for the NCAA Championships in the 100-yard butterfly (41st) and 200-yard butterfly (31st)
• Finished 29th in the 200-yard individual medley, 11th in the 100-yard butterfly and eighth in the 200-yard butterfly
• Won the 100-yard butterfly against NC State, Virginia Tech and Pitt, and the 200-yard butterfly against Virginia Tech, Penn State, Michigan and Pitt
• Swam a
• Recognized on the CSCAA Scholar All-America Team
• Qualified for NCAA Championships in
• Placed 26th in 200
• Finished fourth in 200
• Also scored with 13th-place finish in 400 IM and
• Won 200 fly against Virginia Tech and Towson and 400 IM against Notre Dame
• Recorded season-best 100
• Set season-best 200 fly (1:43.43) at Ohio State Last Chance
• Notched season bests in 200 IM (1:46.76) and 400 IM (3:48.45) at ACCs
• NISCA/Speedo High School All-American
• New Jersey state champion in 100
'Hoos Look to Regroup After Stunning LossMen's Lacrosse3/24/18Five regular-season games remain for No. 10 Virginia, which unraveled in the second half Saturday and lost 15-13 to No. 9 Johns Hopkins at Klöckner Stadium.Blount Eager to Assume Larger RoleFootball3/21/18The job will not be handed to rising sophomore Joey Blount. He'll have to earn it. This is head coach Bronco Mendenhall's program, after all. But after spending the 2017 season as free safety Quin Blanding's understudy, Blount is the leading candidate to take over in the secondary for the University of Virginia's all-time leading tackler.'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Captures Three All-America Swims on Third Day of...
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 3/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
Virginia Men Begin NCAA Championships Wednesday
Swimming & Diving | 3/20/2018
The men's swimming and diving team will open the NCAA Championships on Wednesday at the Jean K....
Virginia Finishes Third in 400 Free Relay at NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/17/2018
The Cavaliers finish third in the 400-yard freestyle relay to close out the women's NCAA...
Moroney Leads Cavaliers on Third Day of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 3/16/2018
Megan Moroney led the Cavaliers on the third day of competition at the NCAA Championships.
Virginia Records Three Podium Finishes on Day Two of NCAAs
Swimming & Diving | 03/15/2018
The Cavaliers recorded two fourth-place finishes and nine All-America honors on the sconed day of...
Virginia Opens NCAA Championships with All-America Honors
Swimming & Diving | 03/14/2018
Virginia opens the Women's NCAA Championships with a school record and All-America honors in the ...
- Online Stores