Four underclassmen to represent Cavaliers in NCAA Championships in Indianapolis
Fong sets personal best in 100-yard butterfly
Meet to be held March 23-26 in Atlanta
UVa swimmers hit 21 Olympic Trials standards
Virginia Career Bests
100 Fly:46.95 (5th all-time at UVA)
200 Fly:1:42.85 (2nd all-time at UVA)
400 IM: 3:48.45
• Qualified for the NCAA Championships in the 100-yard butterfly (41st) and 200-yard butterfly (31st)
• Finished 29th in the 200-yard individual medley, 11th in the 100-yard butterfly and eighth in the 200-yard butterfly
• Won the 100-yard butterfly against NC State, Virginia Tech and Pitt, and the 200-yard butterfly against Virginia Tech, Penn State, Michigan and Pitt
• Swam a
• Recognized on the CSCAA Scholar All-America Team
• Qualified for NCAA Championships in
• Placed 26th in 200
• Finished fourth in 200
• Also scored with 13th-place finish in 400 IM and
• Won 200 fly against Virginia Tech and Towson and 400 IM against Notre Dame
• Recorded season-best 100
• Set season-best 200 fly (1:43.43) at Ohio State Last Chance
• Notched season bests in 200 IM (1:46.76) and 400 IM (3:48.45) at ACCs
• NISCA/Speedo High School All-American
• New Jersey state champion in 100
UVA Pioneer Ready for Next ChapterFootball5/21/18Kent Merritt, who's retiring next month from his position in the history department, was among the first African-American football players at Virginia.Shared Vision Unites Mendenhall and WilliamsGeneral Release5/17/18Virginia's new athletics director, Carla Williams, has formed a strong working relationship with head football coach Bronco Mendenhall.Lillie Helps Lead Cavaliers' ResurgenceWomen's Golf5/16/18Beth Lillie, one of four freshmen named to the All-ACC team, is second in scoring average for UVA, which plays in the NCAA championships this week.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Casey Qualifies for USA Open Water National Team
Swimming & Diving | 5/4/2018
Casey qualifies for the USA Open Water National Team after placing fourth at the USA Open Water...
Virginia Adds Cary Lynn Fields to Swimming and Diving Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/27/2018
The men's and women's programs welcome six-year-old Cary Lynn Fields to the program with a...
Virginia Names 14 to Swimming and Diving All-ACC Academic Team
Swimming & Diving | 4/19/2018
The Cavaliers had 14 members of the men's and women's swimming and diving program named to the...
Sheaff Named Swimming and Diving Assistant Coach
Swimming & Diving | 4/13/2018
Sheaff was a volunteer coach with Virginia this past season, working alongside the current staff ...
Virginia Concludes NCAAs with Three All-America Performances
Swimming & Diving | 3/24/2018
Virginia recorded All-America Honorable Mention honors with two individual swims and a relay...
Virginia Concludes Third Day of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 3/23/2018
Virginia advanced three individuals to the finals of the NCAA Championships, recording All-Americ...
Virginia Finishes 16th in 400 Medley Relay
Swimming & Diving | 03/22/2018
The Cavaliers advanced to the finals of the 400 medley relay finishing 16th overall in the event.
Virginia Concludes Day One of NCAA Championships
Swimming & Diving | 03/21/2018
The Cavaliers open the NCAA Championships with a season-best performance in the 800-yard...
- Online Stores