Virginia women named all-academic squad
Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Eight Cavaliers honored on All-ACC Academic teams
Mihaljevic wins shot put
Six men, three women recognized
2016 Outdoor: Decathlon
All-ACC Academic Team (6)
USTFCCCCA All-Academic Team
2015 Track and Field
TFRRS Profile (for PRs and full results)
• All-ACC performer in decathlon, finishing second at ACC Championships with PR 7,064 points, which ranks sixth on UVA's all-time list
• Set or matched PR in seven disciplines of decathlon
• Broke 7,000-point barrier in decathlon at Virginia Challenge, finishing second with 7,001 points
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed seventh in the heptathlon at ACC Championships
• Set a PR in hepathlon of 5,113 points at Doc Hale VT Elite meet, which ranks fourth on UVA's all-time list
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Finished 8th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships
• Season-best score of 6,854 points in the decathlon ranks seventh in Virginia history
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished 9th in the heptathlon at the ACC Championships
• Placed 8th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships with 6561 points, 9th best score in school history
• Did not compete
• Placed 4th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships with 6491 points
• Placed 6th in the heptathlon at the ACC Champpionships with a PR 4918 points
• Competed in 110mH, Javelin and 4x400m at Virginia Swashbuckle
• Finished 7th in heptathlon at ACCs
• Recorded a PR of 4,693 points in heptathlon at ACCs
• 2011 High School All-American, Decathlon (5th at national Championships)
• Ranked No. 11 Pole Vault in N.J.
• Full name is Christian Brestel Lavorgna
• Son of Paula and Edward Lavorgna
• Has two siblings: Caitlin and Ryan
• Coached by Brian Cocoran and Nick Dilworth at Pope John XXIII
Cavalier Tennis Programs Joining ForcesMen's Tennis6/21/17UVA's new head tennis coaches -- Andres Pedroso for the men and Sara O'Leary for the women -- want their programs to work closely together.Catching Up With Cherie Greer BrownWomen's Lacrosse6/19/17A 1994 graduate of UVA, where she was a three-time first-team All-American, the former Cherie Greer ranks among the finest players in lacrosse history.European Trip Strengthens Team's BondsWomen's Soccer6/14/17The Virginia women's soccer team recently returned from a trip to Europe, where the Cavaliers played two games in France and one in Germany.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Cavaliers Compete Globally This Summer
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/22/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s track and field teams will see current and former...
Mihaljevic Earns ACC Outdoor Field Athlete of the Year
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/16/2017
Virginia track and field senior Filip Mihaljevic (Livno, Bosnia and Herzegovina) was named ACC...
Mihaljevic Named 2017 Bowerman Semifinalist
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/15/2017
Virginia men’s track and field senior Filip Mihaljevic (Livno, Bosnia and Herzegovina) was ...
Cavaliers Finish Fourth in Program of the Year Standings
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/13/2017
The Virginia men’s track and field team finished fourth in the John McDonnell Program of...
Four Cavaliers Named USTFCCCA First-Team All-America
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/12/2017
The Virginia men's and women's track and field teams had seven student-athletes earn outdoor All-...
Virginia Men Finish Third at NCAA Championships
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/10/2017
The Virginia men’s track and field team finished the NCAA Championships on Friday (June 9) ...
Bohan Finishes 11th in Shot Put at NCAA Championships
Track & Field, Cross Country | 06/08/2017
Virginia track and field senior Christine Bohan (Avon Lake, Ohio) earned second-team All-America ...
Mihaljevic Repeats as NCAA Champion in Shot Put
Track & Field, Cross Country | 06/08/2017
Redshirt junior Filip Mihaljevic (Livno, Bosnia and Herzegovina) captured the NCAA title in the...
- Online Stores