Virginia women named all-academic squad
Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Eight Cavaliers honored on All-ACC Academic teams
Mihaljevic wins shot put
Six men, three women recognized
2016 Outdoor: Decathlon
All-ACC Academic Team (6)
USTFCCCCA All-Academic Team
2015 Track and Field
TFRRS Profile (for PRs and full results)
• All-ACC performer in decathlon, finishing second at ACC Championships with PR 7,064 points, which ranks sixth on UVA's all-time list
• Set or matched PR in seven disciplines of decathlon
• Broke 7,000-point barrier in decathlon at Virginia Challenge, finishing second with 7,001 points
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed seventh in the heptathlon at ACC Championships
• Set a PR in hepathlon of 5,113 points at Doc Hale VT Elite meet, which ranks fourth on UVA's all-time list
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Finished 8th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships
• Season-best score of 6,854 points in the decathlon ranks seventh in Virginia history
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished 9th in the heptathlon at the ACC Championships
• Placed 8th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships with 6561 points, 9th best score in school history
• Did not compete
• Placed 4th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships with 6491 points
• Placed 6th in the heptathlon at the ACC Champpionships with a PR 4918 points
• Competed in 110mH, Javelin and 4x400m at Virginia Swashbuckle
• Finished 7th in heptathlon at ACCs
• Recorded a PR of 4,693 points in heptathlon at ACCs
• 2011 High School All-American, Decathlon (5th at national Championships)
• Ranked No. 11 Pole Vault in N.J.
• Full name is Christian Brestel Lavorgna
• Son of Paula and Edward Lavorgna
• Has two siblings: Caitlin and Ryan
• Coached by Brian Cocoran and Nick Dilworth at Pope John XXIII
Thompson Starts Laying GroundworkWomen's Basketball6/20/18Summer practice started Wednesday morning for the Virginia women's basketball team, which has a new head coach, Tina Thompson.Huff Looking to Make Up for Lost TimeMen's Basketball6/19/18A 7-1 forward from Durham, N.C., Jay Huff hopes to carve out a role in Virginia's frontcourt as a redshirt sophomore in 2018-19.Nus Traveling Road to RecoveryMen's Soccer6/18/18Rising senior Sergi Nus, an All-ACC defender who's recovering from a torn ACL, expects to be ready for Virginia's opener in August.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
UVA Post Career-Best Marks at USATF Junior Championships
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/17/2018
Jones and Caldwell-Adams finished with a career-best mark at the USATF Junior Championships in...
Cavaliers Compete at USA Track & Field Outdoor Championships
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/14/2018
Current members Jones and Caldwell-Adams will compete in the USATF Junior Championship this...
McKee concludes NCAAs for Virginia with Triple Jump
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/9/2018
Kelly MckKeecpatured her first All-America honor with a ninth-place finish in the triple jump.
Marsella, Scott Capture All-America Honors at NCAAs
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/8/2018
The Cavaliers conclude the men's NCAA Championships with Mike Marsella and Jordan Scott earning...
Guy Makes History in Pole Vault at NCAAs
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/7/2018
Guy makes history as the program's first female All-American pole vaulter, opening the women's...
Efekoro Leads UVA on Opening Day of NCAAs
Track & Field, Cross Country | 6/7/2018
Efekoro captured first-team All-America honor in the shot put, while Jonsson and Shirley earned...
Jeff White: Perseverance Pays Off for Marsella
Track & Field, Cross Country | 06/06/2018
In his sixth year at UVA, distance runner Mike Marsella has reached the NCAA outdoor...
Eight Cavaliers Prepare for NCAA Championships
Track & Field, Cross Country | 06/05/2018
Eight Cavaliers will compete at the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Eugene beginning on Wednesday...
- Online Stores