Virginia women named all-academic squad
Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Eight Cavaliers honored on All-ACC Academic teams
Mihaljevic wins shot put
Six men, three women recognized
2016 Outdoor: Decathlon
All-ACC Academic Team (6)
USTFCCCCA All-Academic Team
2015 Track and Field
TFRRS Profile (for PRs and full results)
• All-ACC performer in decathlon, finishing second at ACC Championships with PR 7,064 points, which ranks sixth on UVA's all-time list
• Set or matched PR in seven disciplines of decathlon
• Broke 7,000-point barrier in decathlon at Virginia Challenge, finishing second with 7,001 points
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed seventh in the heptathlon at ACC Championships
• Set a PR in hepathlon of 5,113 points at Doc Hale VT Elite meet, which ranks fourth on UVA's all-time list
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Finished 8th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships
• Season-best score of 6,854 points in the decathlon ranks seventh in Virginia history
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished 9th in the heptathlon at the ACC Championships
• Placed 8th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships with 6561 points, 9th best score in school history
• Did not compete
• Placed 4th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships with 6491 points
• Placed 6th in the heptathlon at the ACC Champpionships with a PR 4918 points
• Competed in 110mH, Javelin and 4x400m at Virginia Swashbuckle
• Finished 7th in heptathlon at ACCs
• Recorded a PR of 4,693 points in heptathlon at ACCs
• 2011 High School All-American, Decathlon (5th at national Championships)
• Ranked No. 11 Pole Vault in N.J.
• Full name is Christian Brestel Lavorgna
• Son of Paula and Edward Lavorgna
• Has two siblings: Caitlin and Ryan
• Coached by Brian Cocoran and Nick Dilworth at Pope John XXIII
Williams Excited About Opportunity at UVAGeneral Release10/22/17The next athletics director at UVA will be Carla Williams, who's been a student--athlete, coach and an administrator at the University of Georgia.'Hoos Take Step Back in One-Sided LossFootball10/21/17For Virginia, which lost 41-10 to visiting Boston College on Saturday, the next opportunity to become bowl-eligible comes next weekend at Pitt.Green Adjusting to New SurroundingsWrestling10/20/17A transfer from Boise State, which dropped its wrestling program last spring, Fred Green is a candidate to start at 157 pounds for Virginia.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Finishes 30th in Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational
Track & Field, Cross Country | 10/13/2017
The No. 18 men's cross country team finished 30th overall at the Nuttycombe Wisconsin...
Cavaliers Places 21st at Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational
Track & Field, Cross Country | 10/13/2017
The No. 28 Virginia women's cross country team finished 21st at the Nuttycombe Wisconsin...
Virginia Competes at Nuttycombe Wisconsin Invitational Friday
Track & Field, Cross Country | 10/12/2017
The Cavaliers will compete in the championship races with the women’s 6,0000-meter...
Jeff White: Mihaljevic Leaves Magnificent Legacy at UVA
Track & Field, Cross Country | 10/3/2017
During his career at Virginia, thrower Filip Mihaljevic won three NCAA championships and 10 ACC...
Schmiede Named ACC Runner of the Week
Track & Field, Cross Country | 9/27/2017
Senior Frances Schmiede (Sydney, Australia) was named the ACC Female Runner of the Week for Week ...
Cavalier Women Win Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational
Track & Field, Cross Country | 9/23/2017
The Virginia women’s cross country team won the Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational on...
No. 15 Virginia Men Finish First at Virginia/Panorama Farms
Track & Field, Cross Country | 09/23/2017
The No. 15 Virginia men’s cross country team finished first at the Virginia/Panorama Farms ...
Virginia Hosts Virginia/Panorama Farms Invitational
Track & Field, Cross Country | 09/22/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s cross country teams will host the annual Virginia/Pano...
- Online Stores