Virginia women named all-academic squad
Boyd, Buergler, Doniak, Durmer, Kwiatkowski and Lavorgna honored from UVA
Eight Cavaliers honored on All-ACC Academic teams
Mihaljevic wins shot put
Six men, three women recognized
2016 Outdoor: Decathlon
All-ACC Academic Team (6)
USTFCCCCA All-Academic Team
2015 Track and Field
TFRRS Profile (for PRs and full results)
• All-ACC performer in decathlon, finishing second at ACC Championships with PR 7,064 points, which ranks sixth on UVA's all-time list
• Set or matched PR in seven disciplines of decathlon
• Broke 7,000-point barrier in decathlon at Virginia Challenge, finishing second with 7,001 points
• Named to All-ACC Academic Team
• Recognized on ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Placed seventh in the heptathlon at ACC Championships
• Set a PR in hepathlon of 5,113 points at Doc Hale VT Elite meet, which ranks fourth on UVA's all-time list
• Named to the All-ACC Academic Team
• Finished 8th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships
• Season-best score of 6,854 points in the decathlon ranks seventh in Virginia history
• Recognized on the ACC Academic Honor Roll
• Finished 9th in the heptathlon at the ACC Championships
• Placed 8th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships with 6561 points, 9th best score in school history
• Did not compete
• Placed 4th in the decathlon at the ACC Championships with 6491 points
• Placed 6th in the heptathlon at the ACC Champpionships with a PR 4918 points
• Competed in 110mH, Javelin and 4x400m at Virginia Swashbuckle
• Finished 7th in heptathlon at ACCs
• Recorded a PR of 4,693 points in heptathlon at ACCs
• 2011 High School All-American, Decathlon (5th at national Championships)
• Ranked No. 11 Pole Vault in N.J.
• Full name is Christian Brestel Lavorgna
• Son of Paula and Edward Lavorgna
• Has two siblings: Caitlin and Ryan
• Coached by Brian Cocoran and Nick Dilworth at Pope John XXIII
Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Bohan Wins Shot Put at Hurricane Twilight Meet
Track & Field, Cross Country | 3/25/2017
The Virginia women’s track and field program concluded its opening weekend with the...
Young Ties UVA Freshman Pole Vault Record
Track & Field, Cross Country | 3/25/2017
The No. 6 Virginia men’s track and field team continued its season-opening weekend by...
UVA Opens Outdoor Season with New Records
Track & Field, Cross Country | 3/24/2017
The Virginia men’s and women’s track and field team opened the 2017 outdoor season...
Outdoor Track and Field Season Set to Begin
Track & Field, Cross Country | 3/23/2017
Virginia is set to open the 2017 outdoor track and field season this weekend with a split-squad...
Young Named ACC Field Indoor Performer of the Year
Track & Field, Cross Country | 3/17/2017
Virginia senior Jordan Young (Windsor, Ontario) has been named the ACC Men’s Field Indoor...
UVA Moves to Eighth in USTFCCCA POY Standings
Track & Field, Cross Country | 3/15/2017
The No. 18 Virginia men’s track and field team moved to eighth place in the United States...
Four Hoos Earn Indoor Track All-America Honors
Track & Field, Cross Country | 03/13/2017
Four members of the Virginia men’s track and field program have been named All-Americans by...
Young Third In Weight, UVA FInishes 16th Overall At NCAAs
Track & Field, Cross Country | 03/11/2017
Senior Jordan Young finished third in the weight throw on Saturday as Virginia finished 16th...
- Online Stores