Cavaliers score nine unanswered runs in last three innings to finish weekend 3-0
Virginia 17, William & Mary 4
Cavaliers rack up 20 hits in win over William & Mary
Cavaliers walk off on Gerstenmaier's ninth-inning, bases-loaded walk
Alec Bettinger tosses first career complete game as Cavaliers win eighth straight
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
• Pitched in 23 games, with last eight coming as starts
• Pitched 61 1/3 innings (fourth on team)
• Ranked sixth in ACC with seven saves
• Made first start of season on April 10 at Boston College and worked five innings of one-run baseball
• Allowed three earned runs over six innings to earn first win of season in series clincher at Miami (4/24)
• Pitched first complete game in win over Georgia Tech (5/14); allowed only two hits over first six innings
• Grinded through three-run, four-walk first inning and held Virginia Tech scoreless over final five innings in UVA win (5/20)
• Allowed two runs over six innings to earn win against William & Mary in NCAA regional (6/3)
• Second on team with 27 appearances, including four starts
• Earned three saves, including in ACC wins over Duke and North Carolina
• Tied for third on team with five wins
• Picked up win in Game 2 of NCAA Super Regional against Maryland after pitching perfect ninth inning (6/6)
• Earned save in Game 1 at North Carolina by working scoreless 10th inning, leaving runners at second and third to end game
• Pitched out of first and third, none-out situation in eighth inning of tie game vs Richmond; earned win (5/12)
• Picked up first career save on Feb. 27 against Hartford
• In three regular-season starts, he allowed one earned run over 15 innings while striking out 17
• Earned wins in all six of his midweek starts, allowing just three earned runs in those contests
• Struck out the side in ninth inning in NCAA tournament opener against Bucknell (5/30)
• Worked five innings of one-run baseball in latest start, a win, against VCU (5/13)
• Had streak of 15 straight scoreless innings snapped against William & Mary (4/16)
• Struck out career-high 11 batters and gave up just one hit and one walk in start against Richmond (4/23)
• Worked four shutout innings to earn win at James Madison (4/8)
• Tossed six shutout frames in victory over Old Dominion (4/1)
• Worked five shutout innings in win over Longwood (3/26)
• Made first college start vs. Princeton, tossing four innings of two-run baseball to earn first win (3/20)
• Tossed 1 2/3 scoreless innings in first appearance vs. VMI (2/15) CD HYLTON HIGH SCHOOL
• Named First-Team All-District in 2013
• Earned Honorable Mention All-Northwest Region honors in 2013
• Was Honorable Mention All-District selection in 2012
• Team MVP in 2012 and 2013
• Coached by Craig Flesher
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Mark and Linda Bettinger
• Has one sister, Julia, and one brother, Cooper
Perrantes Searching for AnswersMen's Basketball2/21/17Senior point guard London Perrantes has made only 16 of 58 shots (27.6 percent) from the floor in his past four games, all Virginia losses.'Hoos Savor Latest ITA TitleMen's Tennis2/20/17In men's tennis, Virginia won its sixth ITA National Team Indoors Championship, defending Ohio State 4-1 at the Boar's Head Sports Club.Slumping Cavaliers Look to RegroupMen's Basketball2/19/17No. 14 Virginia (18-8, 8-6) will try to end a three-game losing streak Monday night when ACC rival Miami (18-8, 8-6) visit John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 13 Virginia Rallies to Top VMI, 9-7
Baseball | 2/21/2017
UVA head coach Brian O’Connor recorded his 600th career win, becoming the second fastest in...
No. 14 Virginia Opens Home Slate Tuesday vs. VMI
Baseball | 2/20/2017
Live Audio (Free) | The home opener marks the start of a nine-game homestand for the Cavaliers.
No. 16 UVA Chalks Up 9-6 Comeback Win Over Kansas
Baseball | 2/19/2017
Virginia scored nine unanswered runs in the last three innings to finish its season-opening...
No. 16 Virginia Defeats The Citadel, 10-6
Baseball | 2/18/2017
In his first game at UVA, Sperling worked six innings and allowed an unearned run, two hits and...
No. 16 Virginia Wins Season Opener Over Liberty, 10-2
Baseball | 2/17/2017
Daniel Lynch fired 6 1/3 innings of one-run baseball, while Jake McCarthy homered as part of...
Virginia Opens 2017 Season in Charleston
Baseball | 2/16/2017
Ranked as high as 16th nationally in the preseason, the Cavaliers take on Liberty (Friday), The...
Haseley, Smith Named to Golden Spikes Award Watch List
Baseball | 02/15/2017
Virginia is one of a dozen schools with multiple student-athletes on the watch list.
Pinero Selected to Play for Canada in WBC
Baseball | 02/09/2017
Pinero is the first UVA alum to play in the World Baseball Classic, which began in 2006 and is in...
- Online Stores