Cavaliers pile up 20 hits to force a Sunday rubber game in the series
Casey, Bettinger and Wilson combine on three-hitter
Casey fires six innings of one-run baseball to earn first win of season
Lynch, Bettinger and Doyle combine on five-hitter
Cavaliers score seven runs in seventh inning to post eighth straight victory
Images from UVa's run through College World Series and to the national title
Baseball vs. Miami (By Kelsey Grant)
• Pitched in 23 games, with last eight coming as starts
• Pitched 61 1/3 innings (fourth on team)
• Ranked sixth in ACC with seven saves
• Made first start of season on April 10 at Boston College and worked five innings of one-run baseball
• Allowed three earned runs over six innings to earn first win of season in series clincher at Miami (4/24)
• Pitched first complete game in win over Georgia Tech (5/14); allowed only two hits over first six innings
• Grinded through three-run, four-walk first inning and held Virginia Tech scoreless over final five innings in UVA win (5/20)
• Allowed two runs over six innings to earn win against William & Mary in NCAA regional (6/3)
• Second on team with 27 appearances, including four starts
• Earned three saves, including in ACC wins over Duke and North Carolina
• Tied for third on team with five wins
• Picked up win in Game 2 of NCAA Super Regional against Maryland after pitching perfect ninth inning (6/6)
• Earned save in Game 1 at North Carolina by working scoreless 10th inning, leaving runners at second and third to end game
• Pitched out of first and third, none-out situation in eighth inning of tie game vs Richmond; earned win (5/12)
• Picked up first career save on Feb. 27 against Hartford
• In three regular-season starts, he allowed one earned run over 15 innings while striking out 17
• Earned wins in all six of his midweek starts, allowing just three earned runs in those contests
• Struck out the side in ninth inning in NCAA tournament opener against Bucknell (5/30)
• Worked five innings of one-run baseball in latest start, a win, against VCU (5/13)
• Had streak of 15 straight scoreless innings snapped against William & Mary (4/16)
• Struck out career-high 11 batters and gave up just one hit and one walk in start against Richmond (4/23)
• Worked four shutout innings to earn win at James Madison (4/8)
• Tossed six shutout frames in victory over Old Dominion (4/1)
• Worked five shutout innings in win over Longwood (3/26)
• Made first college start vs. Princeton, tossing four innings of two-run baseball to earn first win (3/20)
• Tossed 1 2/3 scoreless innings in first appearance vs. VMI (2/15) CD HYLTON HIGH SCHOOL
• Named First-Team All-District in 2013
• Earned Honorable Mention All-Northwest Region honors in 2013
• Was Honorable Mention All-District selection in 2012
• Team MVP in 2012 and 2013
• Coached by Craig Flesher
• Played travel team baseball with EvoShield Canes
• Parents are Mark and Linda Bettinger
• Has one sister, Julia, and one brother, Cooper
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 16 Virginia Powers Past Duke, 13-6
Baseball | 3/25/2017
The Cavaliers evened the series at a game apiece, with the rubber game slated for 1 p.m. Sunday.
No. 16 Virginia Drops Opener to Duke
Baseball | 3/24/2017
Virginia fell to 17-6 on the year, including a 2-5 mark in ACC play, with the loss.
No. 16 UVA Welcomes Duke for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Game 1 is slated for 4 p.m. Friday, with 1 p.m. contests on Saturday and Sunday to follow.
Jeff White: Weber Hitting Right Notes on Diamond
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this...
No. 16 Virginia Baseball Topples Towson, 8-4
Baseball | 3/22/2017
Eight Virginia pitchers combined to limit Towson to two hits in the win as the Cavaliers improved...
No. 16 Virginia Picks Up 3-2 Win Over Towson
Baseball | 3/21/2017
The Cavaliers got two hits apiece from Jake McCarthy and Ernie Clement, while three UVA pitchers ...
No. 16 Virginia Tangles With Towson in Two-Game Series
Baseball | 03/20/2017
Virginia Drops Series to Clemson with 12-1 Sunday Loss
Baseball | 03/19/2017
For the second day in a row, Clemson jumped out to an early lead and used it cruise to a 12-1 win...
- Online Stores