Cavaliers stage extra inning comeback to defeat BC
Lynch fans career-high 11 batters
Blue Devils capture series on extra-inning walk-off in game two
Cavaliers walk-off in game one, fall in nightcap
Colonels rally for three runs in the ninth
HALIFAX COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
• Selected by New York Yankees in 36th round of 2017 MLB Draft
• 2017 Gatorade Virginia Player of Year and PBR Player of Year
• Was 9-0 with 0.28 ERA in 72 2/3 innings his senior year (158 strikeouts, four walks)
• Named First-Team All-State, Piedmont District Player of the Year and Conference 16 Player of Year in 2016 and 2017
• Three-time All-Piedmont District First Team, All-5A North Region First Team and All-Conference 16 honoree
• Named 2017 5A State and North Region Player of Year
• Coached by Kenneth Day at Halifax County HS
• Also was four-year member of swimming team
• Four-time All-Piedmont Academic Team honoree in both baseball and swimming
• Two-time team captain in both baseball and swimming
• Took seventh place in state in 50 freestyle his junior year and sixth his senior year
• Was two-time All-State and four-time All-Piedmont District honoree in swimming
• Four-time All-Piedmont District First Team selection and two-time All-Conference 16 First Team and All-5A North Region honoree in swimming
• Member of National Honor Society
• Son of David and Jeanette Abbott
• Has two sisters, Brittany and Jessie
• Jessie swam at Edinboro from 2011-14
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Towson Midweek Series Cancelled
Baseball | 3/20/2018
The Virginia-Towson midweek baseball series, scheduled to take place on Tuesday (March 20) and...
No. 21 Virginia Clinches Series in Walk-off Fashion
Baseball | 3/18/2018
Virginia scored three runs in the bottom of the 10th inning as part of a 10-9 series-clinching...
Cavaliers Even Series with Boston College
Baseball | 3/17/2018
A five-run, seventh inning and a career day from Daniel Lynch helped Virginia to even the series ...
Game Two Start Time Moved to 3:30 p.m.
Baseball | 3/17/2018
The first pitch of Saturday’s (March 17) ACC game against Boston College has been moved to ...
No. 21 Virginia Drops Series Opener to BC
Baseball | 3/16/2018
Boston College scored five of the game’s last six runs in a 6-2 series opening victory over...
ACC Play Resumes for No. 21 Virginia
Baseball | 3/15/2018
No. 21 Virginia will play its first home ACC series this weekend when it hosts BC at Disharoon...
No. 24 Virginia Hosts Towson in Midweek Series
Baseball | 03/19/2018
No. 24 Virginia will host Towson in a two-game midweek series beginning on Tuesday and concluding...
No. 21 Virginia Walks Off Against JMU
Baseball | 03/14/2018
Tanner Morris delivered a bases loaded sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning in a 3-2...
- Online Stores