Casey works seven strong innings as UVA moves on to face TCU/CCSU winner
Cavaliers score eight runs in first inning and get seven strong innings from Daniel Lynch
Cavaliers win sixth straight ACC series
Cavaliers reach 40-win plateau for 11th time in last 14 seasons
Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
• Played in 52 games, including 49 starts (all at second base)
• Second on team and fifth in ACC with four triples
• Drove in 43 runs (fourth on team)
• Had big NCAA tournament, going 8-for-11 with three straight multiple-hit games
• Launched first career home run against UNC ace J.B. Bukauskas (3/10); was 3-for-11 with three RBI in UNC series
• Also homered in UVA win over Pitt (4/7)
• Was 5-for-13 in Pitt series
• Was 4-for-10 with three RBI in Notre Dame series
• Hit three doubles and scored three times against George Washington (4/5)
• Played in 33 games, including 26 starts at third base
• Started each of the first 12 games this season at third base
• Had three hits against Towson (3/15) and James Madison (3/22)
• Scored two runs and drove in two against George Washington (4/6)
• Three-time All-Chagrin Valley Conference selection
• Named All-Ohio and Academic All-Ohio his senior year
• Two-time All-Struthers District honoree
• Batted .433 as senior
• Holds school career triples record with 10 and helped team turn single-season record 29 double plays
• Led Aurora to first two state final four appearances in program history (2013, 2015)
• Led team in RBI his last three years
• Was team captain his senior year
• Coached by Michael Broncazio
• Earned spot on Academic Honor Roll all four years and named to National Honor Society
• Played travel team baseball with Diamond Boys
• Parents are Scott and Barb Weber
• Youngest of three siblings; has one brother, John, and one sister, Laura
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.Billiard's Return Energizes CavaliersWomen's Volleyball11/14/17Virginia has won three of its past six matches with freshman Sarah Billiard in the lineup. Billiard missed 10 matches while recovering from a knee injury.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores