Cavaliers register fifth come-from-behind win of 2018
Blue Devils capture series on extra-inning walk-off in game two
Virginia pitchers toss sixth no-hitter in program history
Cavaliers split season series with Keydets
Junior matches career-high with nine strikeouts
• Selected by Washington Nationals in 34th round of MLB Draft (1,033 overall)
• Pitched in team-high 24 games out of bullpen
• Batters hit just .210 against him
• Gave up one earned run over nine appearances from April 5-May 18
• Earned wins against VCU (3/29), Virginia Tech (4/15) and Longwood (4/18)
• Worked ninth inning and struck out the side in UVA's ACC tournament win over Clemson (5/26)
• Pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings of relief and struck out career-high six batters against Niagara (3/4)
• Appeared in 16 games, including 13 out of bullpen
• His last three appearances were midweek starts
• Fired scoreless 10th and 11th inning in earning win against Monmouth (3/5)
• Worked into the sixth inning and did not walk a batter in first college start against Radford, earning the win (4/19)
• Made seven appearances out of bullpen
• Recorded scoreless outings in six of his seven games
• Made first ACC appearances against Florida State, pitching on March 21 and 22
• Made UVa debut on Feb. 20 against Marist, working one scoreless inning
THE BENJAMIN SCHOOL
• Named 2014 Second-Team All-American by Perfect Game
• Also named to Perfect Game's Underclass All-America teams in 2012 and 2013
• Named to Palm Beach Post All-Area Team all four years
• Earned Palm Beach County First-Team All-County honors twice at pitcher
• Claimed Florida First-Team All-Region honors as senior
• Was Palm Beach District Pitcher of Year as sophomore
• Coached by Brian Kaplan
• Earned Buccaneer Award his senior year (for leadership)
• Played travel team baseball with Florida Burn
• Parents are John and Erika Sousa
• Has two sisters, Gretchen and Whitney
'Hoos Exit With Heads Held HighWomen's Basketball3/19/18In its first trip to the NCAA tourney since 2010, 10th-seeded Virginia went 1-1 in Columbia, S.C., defeating seventh-seeded Cal and losing to second-seeded South Carolina.'Hoos Look To Take Next Step in NCAA TourneyWomen's Basketball3/18/18A win Sunday night over second-seeded South Carolina would send 10th-seeded Virginia to the NCAA tournament's Sweet Sixteen for the first time since 2000.End Comes Too Soon for No. 1 CavaliersMen's Basketball3/17/18In the NCAA tournament's first round, No. 1 seed Virginia lost 74-54 to No. 16 seed UMBC in a South Region game in Charlotte, N.C.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia-Towson Midweek Series Cancelled
Baseball | 3/20/2018
The Virginia-Towson midweek baseball series, scheduled to take place on Tuesday (March 20) and...
No. 21 Virginia Clinches Series in Walk-off Fashion
Baseball | 3/18/2018
Virginia scored three runs in the bottom of the 10th inning as part of a 10-9 series-clinching...
Cavaliers Even Series with Boston College
Baseball | 3/17/2018
A five-run, seventh inning and a career day from Daniel Lynch helped Virginia to even the series ...
Game Two Start Time Moved to 3:30 p.m.
Baseball | 3/17/2018
The first pitch of Saturday’s (March 17) ACC game against Boston College has been moved to ...
No. 21 Virginia Drops Series Opener to BC
Baseball | 3/16/2018
Boston College scored five of the game’s last six runs in a 6-2 series opening victory over...
ACC Play Resumes for No. 21 Virginia
Baseball | 3/15/2018
No. 21 Virginia will play its first home ACC series this weekend when it hosts BC at Disharoon...
No. 24 Virginia Hosts Towson in Midweek Series
Baseball | 03/19/2018
No. 24 Virginia will host Towson in a two-game midweek series beginning on Tuesday and concluding...
No. 21 Virginia Walks Off Against JMU
Baseball | 03/14/2018
Tanner Morris delivered a bases loaded sacrifice fly in the bottom of the ninth inning in a 3-2...
- Online Stores