Cavaliers win opener, 12-3, over La Salle before dropping nightcap to Niagara
Cavaliers improve to 6-0 on the young season
Cavaliers score nine unanswered runs in last three innings to finish weekend 3-0
Bullpen works 6 1/3 scoreless innings in victory
Sousa and Shambora scatter four hits in Tuesday night win
• Appeared in 16 games, including 13 out of bullpen
• His last three appearances were midweek starts
• Fired scoreless 10th and 11th inning in earning win against Monmouth (3/5)
• Worked into the sixth inning and did not walk a batter in first college start against Radford, earning the win (4/19)
• Made seven appearances out of bullpen
• Recorded scoreless outings in six of his seven games
• Made first ACC appearances against Florida State, pitching on March 21 and 22
• Made UVa debut on Feb. 20 against Marist, working one scoreless inning
THE BENJAMIN SCHOOL
• Named 2014 Second-Team All-American by Perfect Game
• Also named to Perfect Game's Underclass All-America teams in 2012 and 2013
• Named to Palm Beach Post All-Area Team all four years
• Earned Palm Beach County First-Team All-County honors twice at pitcher
• Claimed Florida First-Team All-Region honors as senior
• Was Palm Beach District Pitcher of Year as sophomore
• Coached by Brian Kaplan
• Earned Buccaneer Award his senior year (for leadership)
• Played travel team baseball with Florida Burn
• Parents are John and Erika Sousa
• Has two sisters, Gretchen and Whitney
O-Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.Weber Hitting Right Notes on DiamondBaseball3/23/17Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this weekend at Davenport Field.Successful Season Ends on Excruciating NoteMen's Basketball3/19/17Virginia's fourth consecutive appearance in the NCAA tournament ended with a 65-39 second-round loss to Florida in Orlando, Fla.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 16 UVA Welcomes Duke for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Game 1 is slated for 4 p.m. Friday, with 1 p.m. contests on Saturday and Sunday to follow.
Jeff White: Weber Hitting Right Notes on Diamond
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this...
No. 16 Virginia Baseball Topples Towson, 8-4
Baseball | 3/22/2017
Eight Virginia pitchers combined to limit Towson to two hits in the win as the Cavaliers improved...
No. 16 Virginia Picks Up 3-2 Win Over Towson
Baseball | 3/21/2017
The Cavaliers got two hits apiece from Jake McCarthy and Ernie Clement, while three UVA pitchers ...
No. 16 Virginia Tangles With Towson in Two-Game Series
Baseball | 3/20/2017
Virginia Drops Series to Clemson with 12-1 Sunday Loss
Baseball | 3/19/2017
For the second day in a row, Clemson jumped out to an early lead and used it cruise to a 12-1 win...
Hoos' Rally Falls Short in 7-6 Loss at Clemson
Baseball | 03/18/2017
Despite a late-game rally, the No. 11 Virginia baseball team lost the second contest of its three...
Lynch Stellar on Mound in UVA's 2-0 Win at Clemson
Baseball | 03/17/2017
The No. 11 Virginia baseball team used an outstanding pitching performance by sophomore Daniel...
- Online Stores