Six Virginia players selected in 2017 MLB Draft
Cavaliers win sixth straight ACC series
Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
UVA limits Lancers to two hits, strikes out 14
Haseley hits go-ahead homer in 10th inning as UVA clinches series
• Selected by Washington Nationals in 34th round of MLB Draft (1,033 overall)
• Pitched in team-high 24 games out of bullpen
• Batters hit just .210 against him
• Gave up one earned run over nine appearances from April 5-May 18
• Earned wins against VCU (3/29), Virginia Tech (4/15) and Longwood (4/18)
• Worked ninth inning and struck out the side in UVA’s ACC tournament win over Clemson (5/26)
• Pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings of relief and struck out career-high six batters against Niagara (3/4)
• Appeared in 16 games, including 13 out of bullpen
• His last three appearances were midweek starts
• Fired scoreless 10th and 11th inning in earning win against Monmouth (3/5)
• Worked into the sixth inning and did not walk a batter in first college start against Radford, earning the win (4/19)
• Made seven appearances out of bullpen
• Recorded scoreless outings in six of his seven games
• Made first ACC appearances against Florida State, pitching on March 21 and 22
• Made UVa debut on Feb. 20 against Marist, working one scoreless inning
THE BENJAMIN SCHOOL
• Named 2014 Second-Team All-American by Perfect Game
• Also named to Perfect Game's Underclass All-America teams in 2012 and 2013
• Named to Palm Beach Post All-Area Team all four years
• Earned Palm Beach County First-Team All-County honors twice at pitcher
• Claimed Florida First-Team All-Region honors as senior
• Was Palm Beach District Pitcher of Year as sophomore
• Coached by Brian Kaplan
• Earned Buccaneer Award his senior year (for leadership)
• Played travel team baseball with Florida Burn
• Parents are John and Erika Sousa
• Has two sisters, Gretchen and Whitney
Salt Evolving Into Pivotal PresenceMen's Basketball10/17/17A redshirt junior from New Zealand, 6-11 center Jack Salt has grown into a team leader for UVA, which has made four straight NCAA tournament appearances.Cavalier Men's Basketball NotebookMen's Basketball10/16/17The season starts Nov. 10 for the Cavaliers, whose third annual Pepsi Blue-White scrimmage is Sunday afternoon at JPJ.Resilient 'Hoos Keep Finding Ways to WinFootball10/14/17With a 20-14 victory Saturday over North Carolina at Kenan Stadium, Virginia stretched its winning streak to four games.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Opens Fall Exhibition Schedule Thursday
Baseball | 10/11/2017
Virginia hosts the Ontario Blue Jays at 3 p.m. Thursday (Oct. 12) and plays Davidson in Cary, N.C...
Virginia Baseball Announces 2018 Schedule
Baseball | 10/5/2017
UVA will play 35 games at the newly-renovated Davenport Field, including ACC series with BC,...
Jeff White: Transformation Under Way at Davenport Field
Baseball | 9/27/2017
A major renovation of Davenport Field began in June and is scheduled to be completed before UVA's...
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 9/3/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 8/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
Virginia's Summer Baseball Wrapup
Baseball | 08/16/2017
Rising junior Daniel Lynch had a breakout summer while playing for the Orleans Firebirds and was ...
Jeff White: UVA Greats Enjoying Reunion in D.C.
Baseball | 07/28/2017
Ryan Zimmerman and Sean Doolittle, who were teammates at UVA in 2005, now play together on the...
- Online Stores