Casey, Abbott combine for team’s sixth shutout
Panthers plate three runs in final turn at the plate
Cavalier offense racks up 13 hits
Virginia improves to 11-4 at home this season
Cavaliers swept in ACC road series
• Appeared in 42 games, including 33 starts (30 straight to end season)
• Was hit by team-high 11 pitches and posted .474 on-base percentage (second on team)
• Started 33 games since Duke series in late March (UVA was 25-8 in his starts)
• His four home runs came in ACC games (Louisville, Notre Dame, two against Pitt)
• Was inserted into lineup as defensive replacement in the first game against Duke and earned his first start of the season in Duke series
• Was 3-for-6 in ACC tournament and reached base safely in five of eight plate appearances
• Had four hits, including a triple, in Florida State series
• Went 4-for-9 with three runs in Notre Dame series
• Was 5-for-12 in Virginia Tech series
• Homered twice and drove in four runs in Pitt series
• Was 5-for-10 with three runs and three RBI in Duke series
CONNORS STATE COLLEGE
• Named 2016 Spaulding NJCAA Division I Defensive Player of the Year
• Earned 2016 ABCA Rawlings Gold Glove at catcher
• Member of 2016 All-Region Team
• Hit .404 with 12 homers and 67 RBI in 2016
• Threw out 17 of 23 baserunners attempting to steal and had a .997 fielding percentage in 2016
• Three-time All-Big 8 Conference honoree
• Named conference's defensive player of the year in 2013 and player of the year in 2014
• Four-year letterwinner in football (quarterback/linebacker)
• In his senior year in 2013, he passed for 2,100 yards and rushed for 1,000 yards
• Was conference player of the year in football in 2013
• Named an All-Star by Class at QB by Oklahoma Coaches Association
• Earned McIntosh Country Athlete of the Year honors in 2014
• Was valedictorian of his graduating class
• Parents are Tommy and Ginger Knight
• Has a brother, Seth, and sister, Natalie
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Evens Series Behind Strong Pitching
Baseball | 4/21/2018
Daniel Lynch and reliever Bennett Sousa shut down Louisville over the final six innings in a 5-4...
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 4/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 4/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
Pair of Midweeks Close Out Virginia Home Stand
Baseball | 04/16/2018
Virginia hosts George Washington on Tuesday and Liberty on Wednesday to conclude home stand.
No. 22 UNC Sweeps DH to Clinch Series
Baseball | 04/14/2018
North Carolina clinched its third-straight ACC series with a 12-5 victory over Virginia in the...
- Online Stores