Cavaliers scored nine unanswered runs over last three innings
Cavaliers have comeback fall short in game one
Casey, Abbott combine for team’s sixth shutout
Cavaliers score four runs over final two innings
Cavalier offense racks up 13 hits
• Appeared in 16 games, including three starts
• Started at catcher in both games of midweek series against Towson (3/21-22)
• Recorded single at North Carolina (3/10)
• Made first college start at catcher against La Salle (3/4)
• Played in eight games off bench
• Reached base in each of his first five plate appearances (3 2B, 2 BB)
• Hit bases-clearing double against Wagner (3/9)
OLENTANGY LIBERTY HS
• Two-time All-Ohio honoree
• Named OHSAA Division I State Player of Year his senior year
• Earned Rawlings National High School Gold Glove Award as senior
• Was a Prep Baseball Report Position Player of Year
• Three-time First-Team All-Ohio Capital Conference and all-district honoree
• Batted .444 during his four-year varsity career
• Coached by Ty Brenning at Olentangy Liberty
• Parents are Brian and Sandy Comer
• Has a younger brother, Carson
• Has black belt in Tae Kwon Do
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Ninth Inning Rally Clinches Series for Virginia
Baseball | 4/22/2018
Virginia rallied for two runs in the top of the ninth inning to stun Louisville, 2-1.
Virginia Evens Series Behind Strong Pitching
Baseball | 4/21/2018
Daniel Lynch and reliever Bennett Sousa shut down Louisville over the final six innings in a 5-4...
Louisville Takes Opener With Late Rally
Baseball | 4/20/2018
Danny Oriente doubled in two runs in the eighth inning to help, Louisville prevail, 5-4 over...
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 4/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 04/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
Pair of Midweeks Close Out Virginia Home Stand
Baseball | 04/16/2018
Virginia hosts George Washington on Tuesday and Liberty on Wednesday to conclude home stand.
- Online Stores