Cavaliers limit Tigers to two hits to complete midweek series sweep
Cavaliers score most runs in nearly six years
Cavaliers score nine runs in first inning, rack up 17 hits in win
Cavaliers use 11-run third inning to blow open game
• Appeared in 16 games, including three starts
• Started at catcher in both games of midweek series against Towson (3/21-22)
• Recorded single at North Carolina (3/10)
• Made first college start at catcher against La Salle (3/4)
• Played in eight games off bench
• Reached base in each of his first five plate appearances (3 2B, 2 BB)
• Hit bases-clearing double against Wagner (3/9)
OLENTANGY LIBERTY HS
• Two-time All-Ohio honoree
• Named OHSAA Division I State Player of Year his senior year
• Earned Rawlings National High School Gold Glove Award as senior
• Was a Prep Baseball Report Position Player of Year
• Three-time First-Team All-Ohio Capital Conference and all-district honoree
• Batted .444 during his four-year varsity career
• Coached by Ty Brenning at Olentangy Liberty
• Parents are Brian and Sandy Comer
• Has a younger brother, Carson
• Has black belt in Tae Kwon Do
Cavalier Football Notebook -- Miami WeekFootball11/16/17Two regular-season games remain for Virginia (6-4 overall, 3-3 ACC), which plays No. 2 Miami (9-0, 6-0) at noon Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium.Torres Makes Most of Learning OpportunityWomen's Soccer11/15/17Freshman Taryn Torres has scored a team-high eight goals for Virginia, which meets Pepperdine in the NCAA tourney's second round Friday night in Los Angeles.Billiard's Return Energizes CavaliersWomen's Volleyball11/14/17Virginia has won three of its past six matches with freshman Sarah Billiard in the lineup. Billiard missed 10 matches while recovering from a knee injury.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Orange Wins Orange & Blue World Series
Baseball | 11/5/2017
For the third year in a row, Orange was crowned Orange and Blue World Series champions.
Jeff White: Sousa Has Unfinished Business at UVA
Baseball | 11/3/2017
Senior left-hander Bennett Sousa, who was 3-0 with a 4.09 ERA last season, will be a key member...
Inaugural Hall of Fame Class to be Inducted at 2018 Step Up ...
Baseball | 11/2/2017
The Virginia Baseball program will announce its inaugural Virginia Baseball Hall of Fame class at...
Two-Run, Two-Out Rally Lifts Orange to Game 5 Victory
Baseball | 10/31/2017
Orange took control of the second portion of the seven-game Orange and Blue World Series with a 5...
Blue Takes First Three-Game Series with 5-0 Win in Game 3
Baseball | 10/29/2017
The Blue team captured the first three-game series based on run differential, but the Orange...
Orange & Blue World Series Schedule Changes
Baseball | 10/26/2017
The teams now will play Game 4 at 4 p.m. Saturday and Game 5 at 3:30 p.m. Monday
Orange Pulls Out Game 2 Victory, 5-4
Baseball | 10/24/2017
Nate Eikhoff went 2-for-3 with a homer and three RBI to lead the Orange, while Cameron Comer...
Orange Holds On For Game 1 Win, 3-2
Baseball | 10/20/2017
Jake McCarthy drove in all three of the Orange's runs in a 3-2 Game 1 win over the Blue.
- Online Stores