Cavaliers score eight runs in first inning and get seven strong innings from Daniel Lynch
Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
Cavaliers reach 40-win plateau for 11th time in last 14 seasons
Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
• Second-Team All-ACC honoree (outfield)
• Played in 58 games, including 56 starts in right field
• Finished fourth in ACC in batting (.352)
• Batted .374 in ACC games, tops among UVA players and third in ACC
• Eighth in ACC in RBI (57) and 11th in OBP (.432)
• Tied with Adam Haseley for team lead with 27 multiple-hit games, including team-high 10 three-hit games
• Had a streak of seven straight multi-hit games from April 7-15
• Hit nine home runs, including two-home run game against Richmond (5/16)
• Was 2-for-8 with four RBI in ACC tournament; hit three-run home run against Clemson (5/26)
• Hit grand slam and drove in career-high six runs in win over Miami (5/13)
• Was 5-for-14 and drove in five runs in Florida State series
• Went 6-for-13 and scored five runs in Notre Dame series
• Was 7-for-12 in Pitt series
• Played in 50 games with 44 starts (41 RF, 3 LF); both ranked as the most among UVA's freshmen
• After slow start at plate, he found his stride in late April
• Played in each of UVA's last 19 games, batting .319 (23-for-72) with eight doubles in that stretch
• Batted team-high .406 (13-32) during UVA's eight-game win streak in late April/early May
• Homered in first UVA game on Feb. 19 against Kent State
• Hit long home run vs. Wagner (3/9); also doubled in drove in season-high four runs and scored three runs
• Started and recorded hits in all three games in Wake Forest series (4-for-9, two runs in series)
• Hit 3-run double in win over North Carolina (4/17)
• Ripped solo home run in ninth inning in win at Miami (4/22)
• Was 4-for-11 in Georgia Tech series
• Homered in Game 1 of Virginia Tech series; was 4-for-11 in series
• Was 4-for-12 with three runs in NCAA regional
• Named First-Team All-Southeastern Pennsylvania as senior
• Was Mercury All-Area Player of Year as senior
• Named Pioneer Athletic Conference MVP his senior year and also was First-Team All-PAC selection
• Batted .452 with three home runs, eight doubles and four triples his senior year
• Coached by Bruce Brobst
• Played travel team baseball with All-Star Baseball Academy
• Parents are Steve and Sue Simmons
• Has two brothers, Connor and Chase
Spring Football NotebookFootball4/20/18As part of the inaugural Wahoowa Weekend, spring football concludes for the Cavaliers with an open practice April 28 at Scott Stadium.Thompson Ready To Lead From FrontWomen's Basketball4/18/18The mood was celebratory Wednesday afternoon at John Paul Jones Arena, where Tina Thompson was introduced as UVA's women's basketball coach.Walsh Ready to Lead 'Hoos in PostseasonMen's Golf4/18/18Healthy again after battling back problems for much of 2017, Thomas Walsh enters this weekend's ACC tournament in good form.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Travels to Louisville for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 4/19/2018
Virginia will continue its Atlantic Coast Conference schedule this weekend with a three-game road...
Virginia Powers Past Liberty, 14-3
Baseball | 4/18/2018
A four-run second inning and a five-run seventh aided Virginia to an 14-3 victory over Liberty.
Virginia Walks-off against GW in 12th
Baseball | 4/17/2018
Brendan Rivoli doubled in the winning run in the bottom of the 12th inning in a 3-2 midweek win.
Virginia Baseball Signs John “Parker” Staples
Baseball | 4/16/2018
Virginia head baseball coach Brian O’Connor announced the signing of nine-year-old John ...
Pair of Midweeks Close Out Virginia Home Stand
Baseball | 4/16/2018
Virginia hosts George Washington on Tuesday and Liberty on Wednesday to conclude home stand.
No. 22 UNC Sweeps DH to Clinch Series
Baseball | 4/14/2018
North Carolina clinched its third-straight ACC series with a 12-5 victory over Virginia in the...
Cavaliers Shut Out No. 22 UNC in Series Opener
Baseball | 04/13/2018
Virginia blanked No. 22 North Carolina , 4-0 in the opening game of a three-game ACC series.
UVA-UNC Will Play Doubleheader on Saturday
Baseball | 04/13/2018
Due to the forecast of inclement weather on Sunday, Virginia and North Carolina will play a...
- Online Stores