Cavaliers score eight runs in first inning and get seven strong innings from Daniel Lynch
Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
Cavaliers reach 40-win plateau for 11th time in last 14 seasons
Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
• Second-Team All-ACC honoree (outfield)
• Played in 58 games, including 56 starts in right field
• Finished fourth in ACC in batting (.352)
• Batted .374 in ACC games, tops among UVA players and third in ACC
• Eighth in ACC in RBI (57) and 11th in OBP (.432)
• Tied with Adam Haseley for team lead with 27 multiple-hit games, including team-high 10 three-hit games
• Had a streak of seven straight multi-hit games from April 7-15
• Hit nine home runs, including two-home run game against Richmond (5/16)
• Was 2-for-8 with four RBI in ACC tournament; hit three-run home run against Clemson (5/26)
• Hit grand slam and drove in career-high six runs in win over Miami (5/13)
• Was 5-for-14 and drove in five runs in Florida State series
• Went 6-for-13 and scored five runs in Notre Dame series
• Was 7-for-12 in Pitt series
• Played in 50 games with 44 starts (41 RF, 3 LF); both ranked as the most among UVA's freshmen
• After slow start at plate, he found his stride in late April
• Played in each of UVA's last 19 games, batting .319 (23-for-72) with eight doubles in that stretch
• Batted team-high .406 (13-32) during UVA's eight-game win streak in late April/early May
• Homered in first UVA game on Feb. 19 against Kent State
• Hit long home run vs. Wagner (3/9); also doubled in drove in season-high four runs and scored three runs
• Started and recorded hits in all three games in Wake Forest series (4-for-9, two runs in series)
• Hit 3-run double in win over North Carolina (4/17)
• Ripped solo home run in ninth inning in win at Miami (4/22)
• Was 4-for-11 in Georgia Tech series
• Homered in Game 1 of Virginia Tech series; was 4-for-11 in series
• Was 4-for-12 with three runs in NCAA regional
• Named First-Team All-Southeastern Pennsylvania as senior
• Was Mercury All-Area Player of Year as senior
• Named Pioneer Athletic Conference MVP his senior year and also was First-Team All-PAC selection
• Batted .452 with three home runs, eight doubles and four triples his senior year
• Coached by Bruce Brobst
• Played travel team baseball with All-Star Baseball Academy
• Parents are Steve and Sue Simmons
• Has two brothers, Connor and Chase
No. 1 Cavaliers Celebrate Latest FeatMen's Basketball2/24/18Three days after clinching the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament, top-ranked Virginia secured the outright regular-season title with a win at Pitt.Cunningham Flying High With EaglesFootball2/23/18Former UVA offensive lineman Ian-Yates Cunningham is the Philadelphia Eagles' director of college scouting.No. 1 Cavaliers Reach Another MilestoneMen's Basketball2/22/18Top-ranked Virginia clinched the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament Tuesday night with a hard-earned victory over Georgia Tech at John Paul Jones Arena.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Offense Backs Sperling in Game Three Victory
Baseball | 2/25/2018
No. 18 Virginia captured the series against Eastern Kentucky with a 13-1 victory in the series...
Cavaliers Erupt for 12 Runs, Even Series
Baseball | 2/24/2018
Behind a standout performance by starting pitcher Derek Casey, No. 18 Virginia evened the series ...
Game Two Start Time Pushed to 10 a.m.
Baseball | 2/23/2018
The start time of game two of the Virginia baseball series against Eastern Kentucky on Saturday (...
Late EKU Rally Leads to Game One Win
Baseball | 2/23/2018
Eastern Kentucky (1-4) overcame a two-run deficit by plating three, ninth-inning runs to capture ...
No. 18 Virginia hosts Eastern Kentucky in Weekend Series
Baseball | 2/22/2018
No. 18 Virginia (2-2) begins a three-game series with Eastern Kentucky (0-4) on Friday (Feb. 23) ...
Jeff White: New Era Begins for Davenport Field
Baseball | 2/21/2018
The expanded Davenport Field was unveiled Tuesday, and a crowd of 3,709, the largest ever for a...
Big Inning Dooms No. 18 Virginia in Home Opener
Baseball | 02/20/2018
No. 18 Virginia (2-2) set a new home opener attendance record in a 9-4 loss to VMI.
Disharoon Park is now the Home of Virginia Baseball
Baseball | 02/20/2018
The University of Virginia department of athletics and the Virginia Athletics Foundation...
- Online Stores