Cavaliers rally from early deficit to clinch first ACC series win of the season
Casey tosses six strong innings in series-opening win
Casey, Bettinger and Wilson combine on three-hitter
Casey fires six innings of one-run baseball to earn first win of season
Haseley works 6 1/3 inning to earn win and also hits home run, drives in two
• Played in 50 games with 44 starts (41 RF, 3 LF); both ranked as the most among UVA’s freshmen
• After slow start at plate, he found his stride in late April
• Played in each of UVA’s last 19 games, batting .319 (23-for-72) with eight doubles in that stretch
• Batted team-high .406 (13-32) during UVA’s eight-game win streak in late April/early May
• Homered in first UVA game on Feb. 19 against Kent State
• Hit long home run vs. Wagner (3/9); also doubled in drove in season-high four runs and scored three runs
• Started and recorded hits in all three games in Wake Forest series (4-for-9, two runs in series)
• Hit 3-run double in win over North Carolina (4/17)
• Ripped solo home run in ninth inning in win at Miami (4/22)
• Was 4-for-11 in Georgia Tech series
• Homered in Game 1 of Virginia Tech series; was 4-for-11 in series
• Was 4-for-12 with three runs in NCAA regional
• Named First-Team All-Southeastern Pennsylvania as senior
• Was Mercury All-Area Player of Year as senior
• Named Pioneer Athletic Conference MVP his senior year and also was First-Team All-PAC selection
• Batted .452 with three home runs, eight doubles and four triples his senior year
• Coached by Bruce Brobst
• Played travel team baseball with All-Star Baseball Academy
• Parents are Steve and Sue Simmons
Mueller Shining for Surging CavaliersWomen's Lacrosse3/29/17Freshman midfielder Sammy Mueller is the second-leading scorer for No. 15 Virginia, which hosts Oregon on Wednesday night at Klöckner Stadium.Cook Ready To Make Up For Lost TimeFootball3/27/17After missing last season with a heart condition, UVA outside linebacker Malcolm Cook has been cleared to play again.Offensive Line Looking to Raise Its GameFootball3/24/17Guard Jack McDonald and tackle Jack English are the returning starters on the offensive line for Virginia, which starts spring practice Tuesday.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
No. 16 Virginia Heads to VCU for 7 p.m. Wednesday Game
Baseball | 3/28/2017
Virginia-VCU Game Moved to Wednesday Night
Baseball | 3/27/2017
The Tuesday game between Virginia and VCU at The Diamond in Richmond has been rescheduled for 7 p...
No. 16 Virginia Tops Duke, 13-6, to Win Series
Baseball | 3/26/2017
After absorbing a big loss in the series opener Friday, the Cavaliers rebounded for 26 runs and...
No. 16 Virginia Powers Past Duke, 13-6
Baseball | 3/25/2017
The Cavaliers evened the series at a game apiece, with the rubber game slated for 1 p.m. Sunday.
No. 16 Virginia Drops Opener to Duke
Baseball | 3/24/2017
Virginia fell to 17-6 on the year, including a 2-5 mark in ACC play, with the loss.
No. 16 UVA Welcomes Duke for Three-Game Series
Baseball | 3/23/2017
Game 1 is slated for 4 p.m. Friday, with 1 p.m. contests on Saturday and Sunday to follow.
Jeff White: Weber Hitting Right Notes on Diamond
Baseball | 03/23/2017
Sophomore Andy Weber starts at second base for No. 16 Virginia, which hosts ACC rival Duke this...
No. 16 Virginia Baseball Topples Towson, 8-4
Baseball | 03/22/2017
Eight Virginia pitchers combined to limit Towson to two hits in the win as the Cavaliers improved...
- Online Stores