Cavaliers score eight runs in first inning and get seven strong innings from Daniel Lynch
Haseley and Smith earn first-team honors
Cavaliers reach 40-win plateau for 11th time in last 14 seasons
Cavaliers finish with 14-0 record in midweek games
Cavaliers win fifth straight ACC series and eighth straight series against Miami
• Second-Team All-ACC honoree (outfield)
• Played in 58 games, including 56 starts in right field
• Finished fourth in ACC in batting (.352)
• Batted .374 in ACC games, tops among UVA players and third in ACC
• Eighth in ACC in RBI (57) and 11th in OBP (.432)
• Tied with Adam Haseley for team lead with 27 multiple-hit games, including team-high 10 three-hit games
• Had a streak of seven straight multi-hit games from April 7-15
• Hit nine home runs, including two-home run game against Richmond (5/16)
• Was 2-for-8 with four RBI in ACC tournament; hit three-run home run against Clemson (5/26)
• Hit grand slam and drove in career-high six runs in win over Miami (5/13)
• Was 5-for-14 and drove in five runs in Florida State series
• Went 6-for-13 and scored five runs in Notre Dame series
• Was 7-for-12 in Pitt series
• Played in 50 games with 44 starts (41 RF, 3 LF); both ranked as the most among UVA's freshmen
• After slow start at plate, he found his stride in late April
• Played in each of UVA's last 19 games, batting .319 (23-for-72) with eight doubles in that stretch
• Batted team-high .406 (13-32) during UVA's eight-game win streak in late April/early May
• Homered in first UVA game on Feb. 19 against Kent State
• Hit long home run vs. Wagner (3/9); also doubled in drove in season-high four runs and scored three runs
• Started and recorded hits in all three games in Wake Forest series (4-for-9, two runs in series)
• Hit 3-run double in win over North Carolina (4/17)
• Ripped solo home run in ninth inning in win at Miami (4/22)
• Was 4-for-11 in Georgia Tech series
• Homered in Game 1 of Virginia Tech series; was 4-for-11 in series
• Was 4-for-12 with three runs in NCAA regional
• Named First-Team All-Southeastern Pennsylvania as senior
• Was Mercury All-Area Player of Year as senior
• Named Pioneer Athletic Conference MVP his senior year and also was First-Team All-PAC selection
• Batted .452 with three home runs, eight doubles and four triples his senior year
• Coached by Bruce Brobst
• Played travel team baseball with All-Star Baseball Academy
• Parents are Steve and Sue Simmons
• Has two brothers, Connor and Chase
Reinkensmeyer Moves Center StageFootball9/19/17Redshirt freshman Dillon Reinkensmeyer will make his third start for Virginia -- his second at center -- at Boise State on Friday night.'Hoos Savor Emphatic VictoryFootball9/16/17Virginia, which finished 2-10 in 2016, improved to 2-1 in its second season under head coach Bronco Mendenhall with a 38-18 win over UConn.Cross Training for Heavier WorkloadFootball9/15/17Redshirt freshman De'Vante Cross, who expected to play quarterback and receiver for Virginia this fall, is now practicing at cornerback, too.
Director of News Content
A 1985 graduate of UVA, White worked at the Richmond Times-Dispatch until July 2009. He was honored six times as the state's Sportswriter of the Year.
Virginia Announces 2017 Fall Baseball Schedule
Baseball | 9/14/2017
UVA plays a home exhibition against the Ontario Blue Jays on Oct. 12, and travels to Cary, N.C., ...
Artie Lewicki to Make MLB Debut Monday with Tigers
Baseball | 9/3/2017
Lewicki is the 39th Virginia baseball player to reach Major League Baseball and the 16th Cavalier...
Cavaliers in the Pros: August Update
Baseball | 8/22/2017
Five former Cavaliers are currently playing on first-place teams as MLB heads toward final month ...
Virginia's Summer Baseball Wrapup
Baseball | 8/16/2017
Rising junior Daniel Lynch had a breakout summer while playing for the Orleans Firebirds and was ...
Jeff White: UVA Greats Enjoying Reunion in D.C.
Baseball | 7/28/2017
Ryan Zimmerman and Sean Doolittle, who were teammates at UVA in 2005, now play together on the...
Cavaliers in the Pros: All-Star Break Update
Baseball | 7/12/2017
For the third straight season, 11 former Virginia baseball players have seen time at the Major...
Summer Baseball Update
Baseball | 07/11/2017
Virginia's Bobby Nicholson (NECBL) and Grant Donahue (PGCBL) each were named their respective...
Three Cavaliers Named to All-ACC Academic Team
Baseball | 06/29/2017
Robbie Coman, Tommy Doyle and Chesdin Harrington each were named to the all-academic team for the...
- Online Stores